Donegal v Cork. Croke Park 30/07/16

Started by omagh_gael, July 21, 2016, 04:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conallach

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 06:07:11 PM
Am I right in saying that this game is the only fixture in the whole championship where two division 1 teams played each other so far? That can't be right!

It's not even the only Donegal fixture! :P

imtommygunn

BennyHarp

My god, Down were a div 1 team!  :o Forgot about that! My mistake. First game outside of ulster then?
That was never a square ball!!

imtommygunn

There weren't that many possibilities though. One in connacht, one in munster and none in leinster. Cork and mayo being beat early ruled them out.

J70

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 06:07:11 PM
Am I right in saying that this game is the only fixture in the whole championship where two division 1 teams played each other so far? That can't be right!

Donegal played Monaghan and Cork too.

Hound

Hugely dislike the Donegal keeper. Roaring at umpires to wave balls wide when they clearly went over. Just feck off with your cheating and play the game, ya silly ballix!

McBrearty's a super player. To date he's reminded me of a gaelic version of Keith Earls in his early years in Munster. Brilliant talent, deadly finisher, but the stupid hoors who play with him only give him 3 or 4 passes a game!

He was different class today. Immense workrate, great runs, demanding the ball and pure clinical. Didn't give a hoot with his miss early in the second half, demanded the ball again and knocked over his next attempt superbly.

Would love to see Michael Murphy roaming around the field in the Dubs match next week. Dublin have a glaring weakness with 3 corner backs in the full back line. If Donegal don't try and exploit that, Kerry certainly will with Geaney.