Donegal v Cork. Croke Park 30/07/16

Started by omagh_gael, July 21, 2016, 04:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shark

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 30, 2016, 12:55:31 PM
Wonder if Micheal A Martin is Micheal Martin's nephew/son. I know he's a Nemo man anyway.

Son.

Zulu

I'll put my head on the block here and go for a Cork win. Cork would be the last team you'd use to gamble your way out of financial trouble but they are still the only team nobody thinks that could win an All Ireland that have senior and underage All Ireland winners in the squad. They still have a number of lads who were important players when Cork were viewed as the best team in Ireland (or thereabouts anyway).

Even some of their younger players are better than their underage record may appear so they've quite a few lads who would make many more fancied panels.

In saying that, they'll need Donegal to be less than 100% focused but I suspect that's what we will find. I just think Donegal players can't believe in their system the way the used to and when push comes to shove know it won't win them an All Ireland this year so if Cork put it up to them they may subconsciously wilt.

Cork being Cork I'm off to draft two posts for after the game - one gloating about how I predicted the Cork victory in the face of everyone's doubts and another explaining why Cork were beaten by 15 points and looked like a junior club team!

Zulu

Said it before but Donegal's system has been found out, they may still go on to win this game but they'll win nothing unless they change - same with anyone else playing it. All their system does now is to make games muck to watch. Short kick out, run the ball up the field, rinse and repeat for both teams.

Harold Disgracey

Good goal from Kerrigan. Cork look well up for this.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: Zulu on July 30, 2016, 04:15:31 PM
Said it before but Donegal's system has been found out, they may still go on to win this game but they'll win nothing unless they change - same with anyone else playing it. All their system does now is to make games muck to watch. Short kick out, run the ball up the field, rinse and repeat for both teams.

No other teams use that system besides Donegal and Monaghan.

tonto1888

Cunny Funt

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 30, 2016, 04:30:44 PM
McBrearty is some plqyer
Some half for him alright but unlike the Ulster final he is his given the room to play today.

Zulu

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 30, 2016, 04:21:59 PM

No other teams use that system besides Donegal and Monaghan.

Kerry used against Tipp, Tyrone used it against Donegal, Antrim did before, Galway use a version of it too. In fact most teams now mirror Donegal when they play them which turns the game into a non-contact, non-kicking pass the parcel game. It doesn't even keep the score down anymore and while this game hasn't been bad it's not been great either albeit there's been some fine scores.

manfromdelmonte

how was that not a free against Murphy? lined him up and straight shoulder into chest?

Zulu

Referee allowing absolutely no contact whatsoever either. He's been very harsh on both teams but how the hell was that last free against Kerrigan a foul?

Captain Obvious

Donegal as a group defending poorly today and are lucky Cork are not leading by at least six points at half time the fact they aren't still gives Donegal a chance but to win Donegal must defend better in the second half.

omagh_gael

Not 100% surprised to see Cork putting it up to Donegal here. They are still capable of absolutely destroying any team in the country and the following week get bate of the pitch by a division 3 team. Really interesting half coming up now! If I was to call it I'd go for a Cork win by 2+.

Syferus

Two poor teams rattling each other's cages. Both will be gone by Sunday week either way. It's a pity that the gap between Dublin and everyone else is only increasing and not lessening year over year, but is anyone surprised?

Blowitupref

It's a system malfunction today from Donegal however lets be honest it's enjoyable watch that game so far hopefully more of the same 2nd half.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose