AC Milan
52 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Redgreenery

Full Time:
AC Milan 2-1 Liverpool.
AC are Champions of Europe!

J70

Not much to say really. You can't fault Liverpool for their overall performance. Milan took their chances, Liverpool didn't. In a tight game that was the difference. Congrats to Milan.

J70

thewobbler

I am beginning to despise soccer and its horribly warped logic.

I didn't watch the game, but by the sounds of things Liverpool played well and could have won.

In other words, they were a close shave away from being the best team in Europe.

Yet I've tuned in now and all that **** of a commentator wants to talk about is new signings and war chests.

deiseach

No recriminations. Liverpool were / are limited and there is only so many times tactical wizardry can disguise that. I think Benitez caught Milan by surprise with his dynamic(ish) setup in the first half but when Inzaghi got that flukey goal right before half time they were able to play with more poise in the second half and the second goal showed that. Well done Meee-lan.

Cloc Mor

That p***k Kewell should be nowhere near the team.  What has he ever done for Liverpool FC apart from cost us a fortune in wages?  Zenden has neither impressed me in his time.  Very disappointing result and such a flukey goal.  Changes needed - especially on the left wing.

cicfada

Man,  that's one bare looking cabinet there!!!Sorry lads but this is payback for 2005 and revenge is a dish best served cold after all!!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/cicfada/PoolsTrophyCabinet.jpg

resdubwhite

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

deiseach

Quote from: cicfada on May 23, 2007, 10:22:20 PM
Man,  that's one bare looking cabinet there!!!Sorry lads but this is payback for 2005 and revenge is a dish best served cold after all!!

What goes around . . .

cicfada

We must stop meeting up like this, first ...AFR and  now here??? ;)

ludermor

i love the fact that 3 people have voted for Milan since the match finished!

Norf Tyrone

To the 'proper' Pool fans on here..unlucky lads. Only seen the 2nd half as I was at a minor game, and I don;t think Pool were great, but probably deserved more than they got. Truth be told, Liverpool have lost 4 times in the CL this year, and their only trophies over the last few years have been fortuitous. Saying that I still think that 3/4 astute signings will see them compete next year at the least.

For my buddy Syd.......

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

R5 reporting crowd trouble in Athens. Apparently ticketless fans inside the ground, and ticket holders locked out!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

While I negotiate my way through some of the gits getting their sly digs in after the game (and who are usually nowhere to be seen on these threads) I would like to congratulate AC Milan on winning the cup and being as sportmanlike as befits their great club.

In 2005 the best team on the night lost the cup and much the same happened this time (although to a lesser extent). Call it karma or whatever but maybe fate owed us one so no complaints here. Congrats to Milan.

Typical though that Kaka and Seedorf would be kept pretty quiet on the night and serial diver and goal-hanger Pippo Inzaghi would be the player to somehow score two goals. That lad must have been born with a clump of clover wedged up his backside.

Anyway, such is life.