Fenton
Donnelly
Harte
Kilkenny
Connolly
Rock
Geaney
Quinlivan

Not 100% about Clarke given what happened the replay, not convinced about McMahon, Boyle, Durcan, Donnelly or Rock either. The rest are 100% nailed on to get one.

yellowcard

Just thinking that the POTY is voted for by players. If so I'd imagine the Keegan could benefit from the anti Dublin bias and the fact that the vote may be split. Therefore Keegan could still scoop the award and it would be merited anyway in my view.

J70

They won't win an award, but nice to see Paddy McGrath and Patrick McBrearty recognized for their performances with nominations. McBrearty gave one of the scoring exhibitions of the year against Cork when we actually got some ball into him, while McGrath, who was excellent all year, showed he is fit for the very best with two great games against Conor McManus.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: yellowcard on October 06, 2016, 11:22:46 AM
Diarmuid O'Connor nailed on for young POTY.

Don't think he was even all that great this year (maybe the early season injury had an affect) but it's not a strong list of contenders so he'll probably get it.

muppet

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 06, 2016, 01:31:27 PM

Don't think he was even all that great this year (maybe the early season injury had an affect) but it's not a strong list of contenders so he'll probably get it.

That sly kick by Bolton seemed to take a large toll, assuming that was the problem because he was flying up to that. He improved a lot in the replay but was quiet in the drawn game. But he certainly wasn't at the level he was last year.
MWWSI 2017

yellowcard

From dropped in the mid part of the season but I thought he was very good in the replay. Probably in need of a complete rest at this stage.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: yellowcard on October 06, 2016, 01:41:42 PM

From dropped in the mid part of the season but I thought he was very good in the replay. Probably in need of a complete rest at this stage.

He wasnt dropped he had a injury that ruled him out of the london game. The only very good championship game he had was against a ropey Kildare decence. I dont believe he needs a rest either as he is one of the fittest players on the Mayo panel.

macdanger2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 06, 2016, 11:30:22 AM
Clarke
Harrison
Cooper
McMahon
Keegan
Boyle
Durcan
Fenton
Donnelly
Harte
Kilkenny
Connolly
Rock
Geaney
Quinlivan

Not 100% about Clarke given what happened the replay, not convinced about McMahon, Boyle, Durcan, Donnelly or Rock either. The rest are 100% nailed on to get one.

Jaysus, for me Rock is nailed on!!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 06, 2016, 01:54:29 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 06, 2016, 11:30:22 AM
Clarke
Harrison
Cooper
McMahon
Keegan
Boyle
Durcan
Fenton
Donnelly
Harte
Kilkenny
Connolly
Rock
Geaney
Quinlivan

Jaysus, for me Rock is nailed on!!
He wasn't nailed on the last time I checked the odds. Dean Rock in 16 league and championship games scored 2-98 which is more than enough to deserve All-star

yellowcard

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 06, 2016, 01:51:31 PM

He wasnt dropped he had a injury that ruled him out of the london game. The only very good championship game he had was against a ropey Kildare decence. I dont believe he needs a rest either as he is one of the fittest players on the Mayo panel.

##should read form. Thought he was one of Mayos best 3 players in the final replay. 

Farrandeelin

Ciaran Kilkenny for poty?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 06, 2016, 02:46:27 PM
Surely the man the Dubs had to take out before halftime was the most influential player in the AIF and therefore won the respect of his peers meaning he deserves the award.

Maroon Manc

My vote would go to Keegan for POTY but I just don't see that happening unfortunately.

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 06, 2016, 02:46:27 PM

Having watched him in the last 3 games, I wouldn't even have him in line for an all star. Huge talent but wasted in his current role imo.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: yellowcard on October 06, 2016, 02:30:27 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 06, 2016, 01:51:31 PM

##should read form. Thought he was one of Mayos best 3 players in the final replay.
I doubt many thought that as Durcan,Harrison,S O Shea,K Mcloughlin were Mayos best players in the replay and Lee Keegan did more in one half of football last Saturday than D O Connor managed in both finals.