2016 All Stars

Started by ONeill, July 20, 2016, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2016, 07:14:31 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 01, 2016, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2016, 02:39:23 PM
Tipperary will now get one All Star minimum, I'd say Quinlivan has been their most impressive player to date.

Very premature to be talking about Tipp being guaranteed an All-Star at this stage.
Teams don't win All-Stars, players do.
Loads of football to be played yet.

98% of the football for the year is in the bank. Damning indictment of the All-Stars that only the games that are left will really factor in judging.
Seeing stars was what ye spent yeer cameo in the championship at
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

blast05

Quote from: Jinxy on August 08, 2016, 09:42:28 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 08, 2016, 09:33:54 PM
Harte will probably get Tyrones token all star now.

Think Keegan will be nailed on but the other wing-back spot could be between McHugh/Harte unless someone else steps up in the next two games.
Dublin might play Kilkenny at wing-back for the remaining game(s) but I'd hate to see him get one for the type of role he's playing now.

Kilkenny deserves one .... for the most agricultural handpass in the game today
However, Bernard will have a word with his aul fella and with his brother to push another narrative against Kilkenny cos such a shtyle of handpass is completely out of sync with that which should be associated with the Galacticos

tippabu

Quinlivan guarenteed an all star for us, acheson in with a good shout but might just miss out, comerford will get a nomination, maybe fox and Sweeney will get nominations too

maigheo

Would have thought Sweeney  would be guaranteed an all star and probably Quinlivan depending how the all ireland pans out

tippabu

Quote from: maigheo on August 22, 2016, 10:42:34 PM
Would have thought Sweeney  would be guaranteed an all star and probably Quinlivan depending how the all ireland pans out

no chance of getting 2 in the ff line and quinlivan will def get one ahead of sweeney

maigheo

Yeah you could be right but if I was picking one forward from Tipp for the Mayo team it would be Sweeney

moysider

Could Mayo be the first team ever to get to an AI final and not get an All-Star?

A bit like the team, no player has nailed on a complete performance in any game. A year of cameos all round.

Beffs

I can not think of one Mayo player that is a banker to get one. Regardless of what happens in the final, their big names are bound to get a few, purely based on reputations from years past.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Beffs on August 23, 2016, 01:55:50 AM
I can not think of one Mayo player that is a banker to get one. Regardless of what happens in the final, their big names are bound to get a few, purely based on reputations from years past.
Lee Keegan held his marker scoreless from play again on Sunday and probably looking forward to marking Diarmuid Connolly out of the game again if they meet in the final.

AZOffaly

Lee Keegan must have given away at least 2 or 3 scored frees on Sunday though. There's an asterisk beside kept him scoreless from play!

Syferus

Andy Moran with one of the more improbable comebacks to All-Star level in recent memory.

Il Bomber Destro

Peter Harte and Ryan McHugh should be assured of all stars if they have any bit of credibility left.

McHugh should really be going for three in a row now but could miss out again.

Canalman

Think we (Dublin) have only the one cert at the moment in Brian Fenton. Lose on Sunday and that is probably all we will have . Imo anyway.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Canalman

Quote from: Jinxy on August 23, 2016, 10:36:33 AM
Berno, no?

Not quiet yet. A bad semi final after the poorish quarter final ( by his very high standards) might kibosh him.