Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Shit, you made me lose count. Was that 197, or 198?

Jinxy

I had to laugh at the headline on the online version of the Cavanagh story on the Indo website.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/

'Cavanagh demands protection as Meath appoint McEntee'

;D ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2016, 02:37:36 PM
No it isn't. It's only a black card if you pull him to the ground.

Depends who is reffing!
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 10, 2016, 03:07:40 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2016, 02:37:36 PM
No it isn't. It's only a black card if you pull him to the ground.

Depends who is reffing!

Well that's probably true, but that just means the ref is wrong :)

omagh_gael

Bomber, time to take a deep breath and let it go. We lost that game ourselves and, yes, Keegan was acting the imp but down at the other end in the same feckin' game some of our full backs were doing the same.

If you give it out, you take it like a man.

Set the sights on 2017 and division one football. Free taker and fresh options in FF line number are our priorities.

Good luck to the Mayo bucks on the 21st August (or should that be 18th September ;) )

rosnarun

i think there something in the fact that ever one is talking about the intimidation and brutalizing of Wee seanie canvanagh while no one seems to have notice the obviously premediated campaign to Goad and kick Diarmaid o connor out of the game . he was constanly being dragged shoulded and hit and abused off the ball but because he made light of it and didn't Squeal like a baby it is completely ignored and people only comment that he didn't have a great game
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ONeill

There's a bad smell following Mayo about.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: rosnarun on August 10, 2016, 04:28:10 PM
i think there something in the fact that ever one is talking about the intimidation and brutalizing of Wee seanie canvanagh while no one seems to have notice the obviously premediated campaign to Goad and kick Diarmaid o connor out of the game . he was constanly being dragged shoulded and hit and abused off the ball but because he made light of it and didn't Squeal like a baby it is completely ignored and people only comment that he didn't have a great game

He was also smashing into fellas leading with his elbow and then dragging them off the ground as they lay injured.

Of course that might not fall in with your theory.

Wildweasel74

Keep bitching Bomber we all laughing at you at this stage, you could be a racehorse the size of blinkers you got on

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 10, 2016, 05:26:43 PM
Keep bitching Bomber we all laughing at you at this stage, you could be a racehorse the size of blinkers you got on

I bring balance into my posts, something that is lost on others.

ZeitChrist

The whinging out of Tyrone is laughable. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. Sean Cavanagh crying about fair play is very rich considering what he has been involved in himself. He and his teammates have subjected opposition to plenty of abuse over the years and now they don't like it when it's thrown back at them. Grow up and get your own house in order before crying about the opposition. Tyrone got a taste of their own medicine and not before time. Lee Keegan roasted Cavanagh the last day and it sounds like Sean didn't like it and has resorted to the sore loser routine. Again, grow up. This kind of antagonism has always been there in the GAA and won't be going away anytime soon. The best players pick themselves up and get on with it. We all know what the likes of Conor McManus get subjected to on and off the ball on and they just get on with it. In fact, McManus was interviewed about the incident in Croke Park a couple of years ago where he was dragged down by Sean Cavanagh and he took the thing on the chin like a man and didn't start crying and doing the woe is me nonsense. Likewise, i havent heard Diarmuid O'Connor crying to the media about the sledging and manhandling he was subjected to by the Tyrone players. Neither The Gooch or Bernard Brogan or the many other big name players who come in for rough treatment. Cavanagh and Harte might want to take a leaf out of the opposition's book and handle themselves with a bit more dignity.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2016, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 10, 2016, 05:26:43 PM

I bring balance into my posts, something that is lost on others.
You are a perfectly well-balanced individual.

You got a chip on both shoulders.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ZeitChrist on August 10, 2016, 05:43:39 PM
The whinging out of Tyrone is laughable. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. Sean Cavanagh crying about fair play is very rich considering what he has been involved in himself. He and his teammates have subjected opposition to plenty of abuse over the years and now they don't like it when it's thrown back at them. Grow up and get your own house in order before crying about the opposition. Tyrone got a taste of their own medicine and not before time. Lee Keegan roasted Cavanagh the last day and it sounds like Sean didn't like it and has resorted to the sore loser routine. Again, grow up. This kind of antagonism has always been there in the GAA and won't be going away anytime soon. The best players pick themselves up and get on with it. We all know what the likes of Conor McManus get subjected to on and off the ball on and they just get on with it. In fact, McManus was interviewed about the incident in Croke Park a couple of years ago where he was dragged down by Sean Cavanagh and he took the thing on the chin like a man and didn't start crying and doing the woe is me nonsense. Likewise, i havent heard Diarmuid O'Connor crying to the media about the sledging and manhandling he was subjected to by the Tyrone players. Neither The Gooch or Bernard Brogan or the many other big name players who come in for rough treatment. Cavanagh and Harte might want to take a leaf out of the opposition's book and handle themselves with a bit more dignity.

Why has there not been the same coverage given to other team's cynical play and gamesmanship as there is to ours when the likes of Dublin, Kerry and Mayo are every bit as bad if not worse than us at it?

That is the crux of the problem.