Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2016, 10:16:52 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on August 10, 2016, 07:56:52 AM

Darragh - who knows a thing or two about being targeted - gives his tuppence worth

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-tyrone-want-sympathy-don-t-make-me-laugh-1.2750925?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He's completely missing the point.

We don't want sympathy, what we want is people to be consistent.

Lee Keegan's role in getting Cavanagh sent off has been completely airbrushed by the pundits and journalists, had it been Aidan O'Shea has dismissed we would no doubt have journalists and pundits hand wringing about the role of McCarron and McNamee in it.

As for Darragh O'Se, he spent most of his games against Tyrone trying to get under the skin of Cavanagh so he's a good man talking.

Bomber Keegan didn't force Cavanagh to make the high challenge on AOS. For a player of his experience he should have known better. End of.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: larryin89 on August 09, 2016, 09:17:28 PM
One day someone will tell all and you lot will be shown for what you have engaged in. A f**king disgrace to decency . Saint mickey just your stereotypical devout catholic , full of shite and hypocrisy.

I'll see your 'shite and hypocrisy' and up you a nauseating sanctimony!  :P

Maybe next time you'll beat us... oh wait!... there's such a thing as a feckin' ungracious winner -- it's there to be sweetly savoured and profited from, go grab it!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 10, 2016, 10:20:01 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2016, 10:16:52 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on August 10, 2016, 07:56:52 AM

Darragh - who knows a thing or two about being targeted - gives his tuppence worth

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-tyrone-want-sympathy-don-t-make-me-laugh-1.2750925?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Lee Keegan's role in getting Cavanagh sent off has been completely airbrushed by the pundits and journalists, had it been Aidan O'Shea has dismissed we would no doubt have journalists and pundits hand wringing about the role of McCarron and McNamee in it.

As for Darragh O'Se, he spent most of his games against Tyrone trying to get under the skin of Cavanagh so he's a good man talking.

Bomber Keegan didn't force Cavanagh to make the high challenge on AOS. For a player of his experience he should have known better. End of.

Keegan was at Cavanagh by illegal means all game, I don't have an issue with Keegan for it, he is clearly very clever at it and we have our own players who engage in it.

My issue is that had we succeeded in getting a player sent off with these tactics it would have been the usual hysteric reaction, instead it's Lee Keegan of Mayo, who has succeeded in this avenue before and it's ignored, Mayo aren't associated with their past actions.

iorras

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Keegan was at Cavanagh by illegal means all game, I don't have an issue with Keegan for it, he is clearly very clever at it and we have our own players who engage in it.

My issue is that had we succeeded in getting a player sent off with these tactics it would have been the usual hysteric reaction, instead it's Lee Keegan of Mayo, who has succeeded in this avenue before and it's ignored, Mayo aren't associated with their past actions.
[/quote]

But you do want sympathy, why are your main men still crying in the media if you dont? When we were at this after losing against Kerry in 2014 I was cringing everytime someone came out and said something about it. You take your beating and move on, anything else is considered whinging. Do you want us to offer a replay?
On your ridiculous notions about Keegan, it seems to be thus. Keegan, by your assertion, winds people up and somehow forces them into getting cards. you offer no evidence of this except essentially there's no smoke without fire, and Keegan has been around incidents before. He played such trickery with Sean Cavanaghs apparently weak mind (despite winning 3 All Ireland senior medals) that he fooled him into shouldering him in the back after half time, getting a reaction, creating a schmozzle and getting them both booked. Then he continued his dastardly plan by using his Dr. Evil mind powers to drive poor Seanie's forearm across Aidan O'Sheas face right in front of the referee? Have I got that right?
I believe your other assertion was that he also managed to get Diarmuid Connolly to throw a few digs into his face. Was it yourself that got the Dublin county board the evidence they used to get Diarmuids red overturned before the replay last year? Was it your expert evidence that helped get him off by asserting you could read Keegans lips saying "Hit me Diarmo, Hit me"?
Hes some lad Keegan apparently, he can setup a mind control stall at the bottom of the Reek once he hangs up his boots. A fiver and Lee will take over your mind and make your body do all sorts of mad things against your will!

The Trap

Mayo lads and lads in general, as a Tyrone man I am embarrassed by Mickey and Sean crying about this. As Dara says we have lived by the sword so many times...........the likes of Il Bomber doesn't represent all of Tyrone so please don't tar us all with the same brush.
Good luck in the semi final. I have always said I would love to see Mayo win the All Ireland and just because you beat us I wont change my mind. I think you will need to improve though as I don't think either team was that great on Saturday.

Club Rossa

Lads,the fact that Harte and Cavanagh are complaining doesnt mean that all Tyrone supporters think the same.
In my opinion we had a couple of players at the same craic that Keegan was at.Best to say nothing in these cases as it comes across as sour grapes.If you do feel a sense of injustice,hold your tongue but use it as motivation down the line.Anyone I've been talking to since Saturday about this would have similar thoughts.Complaining to the media serves no purpose.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: iorras on August 10, 2016, 10:52:19 AM

[/quote]

QuoteBut you do want sympathy, why are your main men still crying in the media if you dont? When we were at this after losing against Kerry in 2014 I was cringing everytime someone came out and said something about it. You take your beating and move on, anything else is considered whinging. Do you want us to offer a replay?
On your ridiculous notions about Keegan, it seems to be thus. Keegan, by your assertion, winds people up and somehow forces them into getting cards. you offer no evidence of this except essentially there's no smoke without fire, and Keegan has been around incidents before. He played such trickery with Sean Cavanaghs apparently weak mind (despite winning 3 All Ireland senior medals) that he fooled him into shouldering him in the back after half time, getting a reaction, creating a schmozzle and getting them both booked. Then he continued his dastardly plan by using his Dr. Evil mind powers to drive poor Seanie's forearm across Aidan O'Sheas face right in front of the referee? Have I got that right?
I believe your other assertion was that he also managed to get Diarmuid Connolly to throw a few digs into his face. Was it yourself that got the Dublin county board the evidence they used to get Diarmuids red overturned before the replay last year? Was it your expert evidence that helped get him off by asserting you could read Keegans lips saying "Hit me Diarmo, Hit me"?
Hes some lad Keegan apparently, he can setup a mind control stall at the bottom of the Reek once he hangs up his boots. A fiver and Lee will take over your mind and make your body do all sorts of mad things against your will!
You're in flying form today!
Simple fact is we out-Tyroned Tyrone, beat them at their own game, and they can't handle the truth. ;)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Maroon Manc

I'd take those green and red tinted glasses off lads; Mayo showed great accuracy and great character to close out what was probably their first win in a game that close all the way through in the last 5 years but this lot aren't a patch on the team from 2/3 years ago.

Tyrone still had the only goal chance of the game and it was a relatively easy chance for a forward operating at this level and it should have been taken and taking into account the amount of shots they had Tyrone should have at least drawn the game. You're making too much of the tactical masterclass from Rochford,  Tyrone created enough good chances to win the game comfortably but failed to take them.

On a different note it was good to see AOS & COC showing a bit of form.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 10, 2016, 11:11:17 AM
Lads,the fact that Harte and Cavanagh are complaining doesnt mean that all Tyrone supporters think the same.
In my opinion we had a couple of players at the same craic that Keegan was at.Best to say nothing in these cases as it comes across as sour grapes.If you do feel a sense of injustice,hold your tongue but use it as motivation down the line.Anyone I've been talking to since Saturday about this would have similar thoughts.Complaining to the media serves no purpose.
Agree with you here Rossa, and anyone I have been chatting to since have similar views on both the game and the comments in the media from Harte & Cavanagh.
Best of luck to Mayo, out of the teams left, i would like to see them go on and win it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

imtommygunn

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 10, 2016, 11:16:03 AM
Quote from: Club Rossa on August 10, 2016, 11:11:17 AM
Agree with you here Rossa, and anyone I have been chatting to since have similar views on both the game and the comments in the media from Harte & Cavanagh.
Best of luck to Mayo, out of the teams left, i would like to see them go on and win it.

Yeah I think Bomber has got himself a bit angry and isn't reflective of the general view. Larry likewise. That isn't helping this thread....

muppet

Quote from: The Trap on August 10, 2016, 11:05:56 AM
Mayo lads and lads in general, as a Tyrone man I am embarrassed by Mickey and Sean crying about this. As Dara says we have lived by the sword so many times...........the likes of Il Bomber doesn't represent all of Tyrone so please don't tar us all with the same brush.
Good luck in the semi final. I have always said I would love to see Mayo win the All Ireland and just because you beat us I wont change my mind. I think you will need to improve though as I don't think either team was that great on Saturday.

Well said.

There are only a couple of Tyrone supporters even arguing this point and there is no need for Mayo fans here to be here, especially when our season is still alive.

I have been critical of Harte in the past, but in fairness, it is very difficult to 'say the right thing' two seconds after a year's hopes have gone up in smoke, especially in a tight match that could have gone either way.

I really hate the sideline interview, which always sets a trap seeking the big soundbite. If Mayo had lost, Rochford would have been asked about the goading of AOXI, and he might have said something he regretted as well.

Teams target weaknesses. They always did and always have. The weakness might be a flaky free-taker, a keeper weak under the high-ball, a lad who can't keep his head when hassled or a ref who won't send someone off. Ever hear of a 'windy corner forward'? How does your club deal with such a player?

This is a non-story really and ex-players wringing their hands about it (Dara being the notable exception) is embarrassing really.

MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Good post.
I know full well that most Tyrone folks are genuine sportspeople and  like I said in an earlier post, there's a strong element of goodwill between both sets of fans since the unfortunate death of Cormac McAnallen. The rivalry  is keen and the fur and feathers are flying when we meet but all that's best left on the field.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

JoG2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 10, 2016, 11:13:28 AM
I'd take those green and red tinted glasses off lads; Mayo showed great accuracy and great character to close out what was probably their first win in a game that close all the way through in the last 5 years but this lot aren't a patch on the team from 2/3 years ago.

Tyrone still had the only goal chance of the game and it was a relatively easy chance for a forward operating at this level and it should have been taken and taking into account the amount of shots they had Tyrone should have at least drawn the game. You're making too much of the tactical masterclass from Rochford,  Tyrone created enough good chances to win the game comfortably but failed to take them.

On a different note it was good to see AOS & COC showing a bit of form.

I'd disagree. This team has the potential to be better than that vintage. Parsons, DOC, Moran flying and COC motoring, Harrison & Durcan  etc..., (some Mayo man listed more reasons 40 odd pages back). Mayo will have a huge say in where Sam resides for the rest of the year

longballin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 10, 2016, 11:22:33 AM
Good post.
I know full well that most Tyrone folks are genuine sportspeople and  like I said in an earlier post, there's a strong element of goodwill between both sets of fans since the unfortunate death of Cormac McAnallen. The rivalry  is keen and the fur and feathers are flying when we meet but all that's best left on the field.

Same as that... as a Tyrone supporter you congratulate Mayo and move on. Harte let himself down and Sean followed the line he made...