Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

The Indo article on big Sean (he's smaller now) is over egging it with the headline  Sean Cavanagh demands protection from officials
Sean stated he merely brought some matters to the linesman/umpire's attention during the game, which is normal enough.
Appealing to the umpire? Isn't that a bit like conversing with a statue? What's the umpire going to say?  "I feel your pain Sean"?

Mickey Harte's predictable post match  whining comments were (yet again) a glaring embarrassing example of double standards, maybe such comments are currency in the land of the blind. Tyrone use to be manly.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: criostlinn on August 09, 2016, 12:14:48 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2016, 12:11:31 PM
Quote from: sinabhuil on August 09, 2016, 12:02:15 PM
Lad sour grapes. All beaten teams engage in it including ourselves when Kerry beat us in Limerick. A bit embarrassing really! Cop on lads. All teams sledge. All teams provoke. Just stop complaining about it when it happens against you. Expected more of Tyrone manager and Sean C. Tyrone fans I met after the game agreed that Mayo were the best team and wished us well. Mickey H and Sean C are just trying to promote a siege mentality - tactics really.

My only issue is with how the incident is relayed differently depending on the parties involved.

I agree with you here. Just have a look back at your posts after the Keegan - Connolly incident last year and how your interpretation of the incident has changed when it comes to blackening the name of Keegan today.

I'm saying that if a Tyrone player did what Keegan did and had the track record of doing what Keegan did then the focus would have firmly been on a different light of Keegan's performance and not the good side of it.

No wides

Quote from: Jinxy on August 09, 2016, 10:16:19 AM
Just read Seán's comments there.
There isn't a violin tiny enough in the world...

Too right - slap it up him, a tr**p on the field.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Disillusioned

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2016, 01:05:54 PM
I'm saying that if a Tyrone player did what Keegan did and had the track record of doing what Keegan did then the focus would have firmly been on a different light of Keegan's performance and not the good side of it.

Where would you start to list the Tyrone players that Keegan couldn't hold a candle to for this type of close treatment and worse to the opposition players? 

Time to catch yourself on and admit that since 2003 Tyrone teams have particularly behaved in an embarrassing and unacceptable manner towards the opposition.  We have all seen the continuing theme in all the changes in personnel over 13 years.

The crying of Tyrone players to the media about the big bad opposition players who have beaten them has a tradition running back to 1996 when they whinged on the Marian Finucane rte radio show after the All Ireland final semi at the hands of those rough Meath men.
The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

BennyCake

Tyrone seem to forget the antics of McMenamin, Jordan, Gormley etc over the years. Now they're crying they're hard done by. What goes around, comes around.

Thy Kingdom Come

Lad sour grapes. All beaten teams engage in it including ourselves when Kerry beat us in Limerick. A bit embarrassing really! Cop on lads. All teams sledge. All teams provoke. Just stop complaining about it when it happens against you. Expected more of Tyrone manager and Sean C. Tyrone fans I met after the game agreed that Mayo were the best team and wished us well. Mickey H and Sean C are just trying to promote a siege mentality - tactics really.

My only issue is with how the incident is relayed differently depending on the parties involved.

I agree with you here. Just have a look back at your posts after the Keegan - Connolly incident last year and how your interpretation of the incident has changed when it comes to blackening the name of Keegan today.

You see that's what you get! You happily came on here last year and applauded the way the under 21's went about their work! You took great offence at being reprimanded for it. When the shoe is on the other foot. You go crying to mammy!

The reality for the last decade plus or so, is that Tyrone have been the market leaders in Sledging, bad gamesmanship, and cheating. All the rest are no angels. But have held back more than Tyrone. Tyrone have the name now and nothing can be done other than to change focus and in time they may be seen a 'nicer' crowd. But would this be worth it?  Many of their victories have come from this and they could return to mediocrity.

As for the Game. Told you so! Tyrone this and Tyrone that. Uncle Peter telling Ireland they were the second best in Ireland! Feck sake they could just beat a declined Donegal team and were beaten by a running on empty Mayo outfit. The rubbish on here about under 21 titles, second Division titles and McKenna Cup. No to mention a very poor Ulster Championship. Where did all this hype come from?

As for Mayo. They as I expected had one more kick. They always do at this stage. They in turn struggled to beat a poor Westmeath and Average Tyrone. They will make the final. But it won't be as easy as everybody thinks! The final will be the usual last chance saloon story that Mayo have retold over the last 20+ years now. 13/14 was their chance. It's gone thanks to an amazing Dublin team and Cormac O'Reilly who handed us the game in Limerick. Sad really, as they are the best bunch of players that I've ever seen not to do it - way better than the Kildare 98-2000 vintage.

Maroon Manc

I was very surprised at how poor Tyrone's forwards were apart from Sludden, as for Mayo they got their tactics right to a certain degree but if McAliskey hadn't missed such an easy chance then i'm sure Rochford would have come in for some criticism. Mayo apart from the first few shots didn't miss much and deserve a lot of credit for their accuracy but I'd have thought they'd have had to play a lot better to beat Tyrone.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Jinxy on August 09, 2016, 12:01:12 PM
Sean Cavanagh is the type of lad to cry at his own birthday party in primary school because his Mam told him he had to let one of the other kids win the treasure hunt.

What are you doing?

redhandefender

Games over, Harte should not have said that, it happens everywhere up and down the country! He probably said it in the heat of the moment. Cavanagh wasn't complaining he was answering questions put to him.

I love the fact everyone is laying the boot in today, especially from lesser counties like Meath, Down, Armagh, Monaghan and whoever else. Jealously is a wonderful thing and Tyrone will nail this to the wall for next year. People shouldn't be worried about this tyrone team but we are making big plans for 5b to 10 years down the line, the current set up is a bonus so we are going nowhere.

As for Oisin Mc Conville he is one to talk about moaning, he wrote a full book on it to feed his ego. Only thing worse to reading it again would be to listen to a version read by the man himself in that accent.

criostlinn

So enlighten us. What did Keegan do that has you Mickey and Sean so much up in arms

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: criostlinn on August 09, 2016, 02:10:40 PM

So enlighten us. What did Keegan do that has you Mickey and Sean so much up in arms

I'm not up in arms about what Keegan did.

I'm up in arms about the fact when a Tyrone player bends to rules to take a player out of a game it is brought about as an endemic problem that is Tyrone's alone in the game, when a player like Keegan does the same and has a track record in doing this to a number of players, it does not get the same coverage and spotlight as it would if it was a Tyrone or Donegal player.

Tyrone are held to higher moral standards than other counties when it comes to media coverage and that is where the anger stems from. There were two sets of players at it on Saturday.

Buckass

Very blinkered by Mickey but as said, it was still raw.
As for Oisin's comments, his Armagh group that won one are the bitter ones. They still can't stomach what Tyrone did from 03 on, leaving Armagh in the 'one shot wonder' room.
Keegan did a super job marking cavanagh the last day. He is peerless in that role...fearless,power,
Ful,pacy and an ability to kick scores. Sean was obviously frustrated but the jostling he experiences is nothing he doesn't get week in week out...just Keegan brings so much more than just spoiling.
Tyrone's forwards are flaky when push comes to shove and game was there for them the last day. Tipp won't be trembling

criostlinn

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2016, 02:24:25 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on August 09, 2016, 02:10:40 PM

I'm not up in arms about what Keegan did.

I'm up in arms about the fact when a Tyrone player bends to rules to take a player out of a game it is brought about as an endemic problem that is Tyrone's alone in the game, when a player like Keegan does the same and has a track record in doing this to a number of players, it does not get the same coverage and spotlight as it would if it was a Tyrone or Donegal player.

Tyrone are held to higher moral standards than other counties when it comes to media coverage and that is where the anger stems from. There were two sets of players at it on Saturday.

Ok so. You saying he bent the rules to get Kavanagh out if the game. Go on. Explain how