Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Didn't post on this thread all week. Would have had Tyrone as favourites but never convinced they could put away this Mayo team if Mayo actually actually gave a f**k.

Have to say I'm delighted for the men out west. They've come out the wrong side of a few games likes this in the past couple of years when they really didn't deserve to. Today was one they deserved and I genuinely hope it's the shot in the arm they need to remember that when they want to dance, they can dance better than anyone.

The last thing this all Ireland series needs is a doubting Thomas playing the Dubs in an AI final. If Mayo go in with confidence and forget that shite about a 21 man game (they have 16-17 players worthy of the occasion) then we knew might just see if finally happen.

Btw Tyrone taking off Mcaliskey just after Big Sean got carded, I just don't understand. Playing in a 1 point game, the only thing that matters is someone who can kick a ball over the bar.

ONeill

Mayo came out in the second half as demons and that was the difference. Those first 10 minutes set the platform. They had more leaders and any time Tyrone made inroads they responded immediately. Fair play to the hardened men of Mayo and hope upon hope you lift it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 06, 2016, 09:27:36 PM
Mayo came out in the second half as demons and that was the difference. Those first 10 minutes set the platform. They had more leaders and any time Tyrone made inroads they responded immediately. Fair play to the hardened men of Mayo and hope upon hope you lift it.

I'll tell you something, if we are a point up in a Final against Kerry/Dublin, with seconds to go, and there is a back pass to Clarke like that, there will be a sudden rapid decline in the population of the county and it's exiles.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Judging by the confidence of the Tyronies last week this result must be a real kick in the nuts. Tyrone no further than last year.

ashman

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on August 06, 2016, 09:41:18 PM
Judging by the confidence of the Tyronies last week this result must be a real kick in the nuts. Tyrone no further than last year.

It's a huge disappointment of course. As I'm sure last week was for you when Tipp beat Galway. But apart from a bit of blaggarding, we were always wary that this could happen. Perhaps a year in div 1 will prepare us better for next year. I think we panicked a bit when the game was there to be won and the wrong people were shooting, I mean has Tiernan McCann ever kicked a point from 55m? We phaffed around with the free takers again. Skeet, O'Neill, Morgan and Harte all kicking them. We need to sort a consistent kicker who, when the big moments arrive, we can depend upon. Who genuinely was confident that Morgan would score at the end? I've been critical of Aiden o'Se on this thread but he was effective today and alongside CoC and Lee Keegan had the game know how to see them through! I would be happy to see those lads lift Sam in September. I'm confident we will be back next year even better though!
That was never a square ball!!

JoG2

yellowcard

I think twenty nine counties will get behind Mayo after today (sorry Tipp). Whilst it wasn't a vintage performance, I seen enough to suggest that Mayo have a chance against Kerry or Dublin. The fact that they came out the right side of a one point game against a good side will give them extra belief and impetus. With the greatest respect to Tipp, Mayo can tailor their program now to peak for the game of their lives on the 3rd Sunday in September whereas Kerry and Dublin will have to hold this level for 6 weeks. They are still outsiders but this team looked buried all season until today and now they are alive and kicking again.

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2016, 10:12:26 PM
I think twenty nine counties will get behind Mayo after today (sorry Tipp). Whilst it wasn't a vintage performance, I seen enough to suggest that Mayo have a chance against Kerry or Dublin. The fact that they came out the right side of a one point game against a good side will give them extra belief and impetus. With the greatest respect to Tipp, Mayo can tailor their program now to peak for the game of their lives on the 3rd Sunday in September whereas Kerry and Dublin will have to hold this level for 6 weeks. They are still outsiders but this team looked buried all season until today and now they are alive and kicking again.

What? Are you actually from planet Earth, yellowcard? Everyone will want Tipp to win.

sambostar

When the pressure was on today Tyrone's inside forwards were again not up to scratch. RON was woeful & should have been off in the 1st half. McCurry missed 2 I think when he came on. Skeet had no composure with his goal chance as per last year V Kerry. McShane should have been off 1st half too, why was Richie not played for longer, outstanding through the league & one of the best shooters from distance.

Free-taking is a disgrace & has been for years. Best forward in the county championship last season isn't even in the 26?

F*cking frustrating, what an opportunity missed.

yellowcard

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2016, 10:18:41 PM

What? Are you actually from planet Earth, yellowcard? Everyone will want Tipp to win.

Yes, that particular match of course my instinct would have me support Tipp. However I meant the All Ireland title of course which I think most people accept is a 3 horse race. I think it's fair to say that Tipp have very little chance, these are the top 3 teams in the country left.

BennyCake

Quote from: BennyCake on July 31, 2016, 01:15:07 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 01:03:00 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 31, 2016, 12:52:14 PM
I think Mayo can win this. Aidan O'Shea will cause havoc and bag a couple of goals, like Givney did for Cavan. You heard it here first.

Yes, they CAN, but WILL they? We'll be doing a Michael Murphy on O'Shea, so don't be expecting him to have free rein in Croke! ;)

You didn't do a Michael Murphy on Michael Murphy because you didn't need to. Had Murphy been in FF and fit, Donegal would've won. I'll call it now and say Mayo by 2 points, 3-14 to 1-18.

It wasn't quite the scorefest I envisaged, or the margin of victory... but I love it when I'm right :)

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2016, 10:26:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2016, 10:18:41 PM

Yes, that particular match of course my instinct would have me support Tipp. However I meant the All Ireland title of course which I think most people accept is a 3 horse race. I think it's fair to say that Tipp have very little chance, these are the top 3 teams in the country left.

Tis a one horse race. Donegal as good as Tyrone, Mayo and Kerry and couldn't beat Dublin playing within themselves with 13 men.

Tipp has as much chance as either of the other two. No chance at all.

ONeill

What a pity for Sean to exit like that. A hero
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.