Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thy Kingdom Come

Quote from: seafoid on August 03, 2016, 03:18:46 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 03, 2016, 03:06:02 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 03, 2016, 02:30:12 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 03, 2016, 02:15:48 PM
Kerry and Mayo fans getting a bit ratty at the prospect of Tyrone joining them at the big table and possibly usurping them when it comes to taking Dublin.

I don't think so - seems to be 90% Tyronies in this thread, very little cockiness in Mayo about this one.

The Mayo crowd are fierce quiet alright.
They are that cocky they don't even think it's worth talking about.
The result is a foregone conclusion.
Which is pretty disrespectful to Tyrone if you ask me.
I think it is a very sophisticated strategy. They get the Tyrone to do all the talking. Then when they win the match they will all go ha ha ha.

Waiting in the Long Grass!   ;)

Rois

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on August 03, 2016, 03:16:53 PM
Slightly off topic but can anyone recommend a few good bars in Belfast this weekend to watch the double header in?
City centre: you might get it in the Garrick on Chichester St.  Not sure of Sweet Afton's policy on it but they generally show Ulster Rugby matches so might show it.

Ormeau Rd: Errigle Inn or Parador

Old faithful: Botanic Inn

Brick Tamlin

Yeah was thinking Garrick as the obvious one and was half hoping Sweet Afton might show it as that's where we intended to go also.
But more or less pretty much what id thought.. thanks Rois.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: never kickt a ball on August 03, 2016, 02:13:16 AM
I'll guess this team:  8)

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
6 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
10 – Cathal McShane – Eoghan Ruadh Uí Néill
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mór
12 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mór
13 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – An Mhaigh
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh
Rory Brennan simply has to start. No harm to McShane, he is the obvious candidate to miss out.
Darren McCurry also cant be far off a starting place.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on August 03, 2016, 03:43:25 PM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on August 03, 2016, 02:13:16 AM
I'll guess this team:  8)

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
6 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
10 – Cathal McShane – Eoghan Ruadh Uí Néill
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mór
12 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mór
13 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – An Mhaigh
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh
Rory Brennan simply has to start. No harm to McShane, he is the obvious candidate to miss out.
Darren McCurry also cant be far off a starting place.

Mickey Harte seldom changes a winning team.

blast05

Quote from: Syferus on August 03, 2016, 12:14:12 PM
Quote from: blast05 on August 03, 2016, 12:06:37 PM
Mayo have only had 1 game this year where we had to play at 100%, where the season (to an extent) was on the line, where it was sh*t or burst ..... that was the league game v Ros. Defeat would have meant relegation at the hands of the sheep stealers which in turn would have destroyed this team and this year (plus another year or 2 along with it).
We all know what happened that day. That defeat for the Rossies was so comprehensive that it destroyed them as a team and ended their season.
Just saying

I think in retrospect you can see how shit we were post Donegal and it had feck all to do with Mayo who were far from AI standard themselves that day. We made that limited Galqay side look like AI contenders, so hanging your hat on that performance would be a strange thing to do.

If anything that level of performance against a team that subsequently showed no form at all should be very worrying if that was Mayo going all out. Mayo have been playing poorly throughout the year and it's hard to see them suddenly rolling back that next weekend.

Tyrone, again, are nothing special themselves but they're probably in a better headspace than a Mayo team who have heaped extra pressure on themselves this year.

Dude, the Rossies were beating all before them prior to Mayo match. Mayo on the other hand were a shambles with hard questions being asked. This was the Conn. Final dress reversal for the Rossies with added bonus of a chance to relegate Mayo. Rossies were coming into the game after a very impressive win v Donegal. All the questions were there for Mayo to answer and answer them we did by completely outplaying and bullying Rossies on every line. Rossies were destroyed after this for the season with the hammering by Kerry in league semi being the nail on 2016+ coffin.

I have no idea whether this is of any relevance to Saturday. All I m saying is that this was the only time Mayo were asked major questions this season and they were answered emphatically.

Captain Obvious

The media and neutral would probably rather see a Dub v Tyrone final and that's why all the Tyrone hype.
Don't know about the media however the majority of neutrals will want to see Tipperary in the All Ireland final. Tipperary are totally dismissed by both Tyrone and Mayo they see this Quarter final as a semi final.

Tyrone v Mayo is the battle of two most confident set of supporters and unless this game ends in draw one set of supporters are going to be left very disappointed and bemused as to how they lost to a side they don't really rate.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 03, 2016, 04:05:24 PM
The media and neutral would probably rather see a Dub v Tyrone final and that's why all the Tyrone hype.
Don't know about the media however the majority of neutrals will want to see Tipperary in the All Ireland final. Tipperary are totally dismissed by both Tyrone and Mayo they see this Quarter final as a semi final.

Tyrone v Mayo is the battle of two most confident set of supporters and unless this game ends in draw one set of supporters are going to be left very disappointed and bemused as to how they lost to a side they don't really rate.

Your last paragraph is bullshit.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Quote from: blast05 on August 03, 2016, 12:06:37 PM
Mayo have only had 1 game this year where we had to play at 100%, where the season (to an extent) was on the line, where it was sh*t or burst ..... that was the league game v Ros.
If scoring just 1-11 and beating Roscommon by just 4 points is Mayo playing to 100% then I'm afraid to say Tyrone will be a bridge too far for Mayo this Saturday.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jayop

As I've been saying on boards, it doesn't matter if Tyrone beat Mayo, the same questions will be being asked as what are now after beating Donegal. If we lose then it'll say a lot, but if we win then it'll be put down to it being a poor Mayo side who've had a very bad season. Nothing will be answered about this Tyrone team unless we get to the final and even then if we lose to the Dubs we're in exactly the same place probably rated 3rd in the country behind Dublin and Kerry.

It's going to take beating one of those two to prove any credentials. Back to back Ulsters could show more consistency next year but even then the winners of Ulster are facing Dublin in the semi final should both get through the quarters so that's no easy path.

omagh_gael

Weather looking good for these games. Sunny spells and 23℃!

Jinxy

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on August 03, 2016, 03:27:17 PM
Kerry and Mayo fans getting a bit ratty at the prospect of Tyrone joining them at the big table and possibly usurping them when it comes to taking Dublin.

I don't think so - seems to be 90% Tyronies in this thread, very little cockiness in Mayo about this one.

I think it is a very sophisticated strategy. They get the Tyrone to do all the talking. Then when they win the match they will all go ha ha ha.

That reminds me, I see they are making good progress on the Hyde.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 03, 2016, 04:09:57 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 03, 2016, 04:05:24 PM

Your last paragraph is bullshit.

+1
That was never a square ball!!

twohands!!!

It's good but it's no Sean Kavanagh looking confused in ye olde time GAA-Kit for the 1916 celebrations.

BennyHarp

Aiden won possession in midfield, stuck his head down and started to run, Matty Donnelly opened the gates to Croke Park and this is where Aiden ended up!
That was never a square ball!!