Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Tyrone county board sent this email all out to all Tyrone clubs:

**Important Information regarding All Ireland Quarter Final tickets**

A Chara

An update on ticket provision for the All-Ireland quarterfinals next Saturday.

Firstly, a word of thanks for receipt of the Club's orders by our deadline on Friday.

It is anticipated that Croke Park will be sold out for these two quarterfinals.

We have received an allocation of tickets and will be able to meet the requests - in terms of the numbers of tickets - submitted by Clubs on Friday.
Requests received subsequently cannot be guaranteed, at present.

As season-ticket holders (9000 in total - for the four competing counties) have been allocated seats in the lower Cusack Stand there will be very limited availability in this stand.

Almost half of the Tyrone tickets are for the upper decks of the three stands which means that it will not be possible to provide all the seated tickets that have been requested for the lower decks.
Every Club will be provided with a significant number of upper deck tickets, and also Davin stand tickets, in order to fill the orders received.
While some members may not find this to be a satisfactory, or an acceptable situation, it is beyond the control of the Club and the County.

I would request that you inform members that have placed orders of tickets with you that their expectations in terms of seats in specific locations Croke Park will not be met.

Thank you for your assistance and co-operation.

omagh_gael

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 01, 2016, 12:40:39 PM
Would the knives be out in some quarters for MH if tyrone were to lose this?

Not a hope. He was under severe pressure two years ago when Armagh put us out but he has proven himself to be the only man to carry this team forward since then. Semi final last year and Ulster title this year has been a satisfactory return and we've a bunch of young guys coming through who appear to gelling very well into a potential AI winning team.

yellowcard

Can't imagine Harte is under any pressure, that would be ridiculous. Would the knives be out for Rochford if Mayo get beaten?

ZeitChrist

Can't see Mickey Harte getting ousted out of that job, not without a fight anyway. I think he'd have the full backing of his players too if push came to shove (not that it will anytime soon anyway).

macdanger2

Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2016, 02:37:13 PM

Can't imagine Harte is under any pressure, that would be ridiculous. Would the knives be out for Rochford if Mayo get beaten?

It seems like nearly every season tyrone have been knocked out, there are a few (sometimes more than a few) calling for his head - there definitely were 3 years ago when we beat them narrowly in a sf.

As for Rochford, there will be a few whinging about him not being up to it and more (generally from outside the county) saying that the player revolt cost us but most supporters will be happy to give him another 2 years and see how he gets on.

BennyHarp

What's the Mayo lads view on the job Tony McEntee has done since joining the management team? I thought it was a big coup for you at the time as I've always thought he was a very intelligent guy and talks a lot of sense about the game and how it should be played. Has be bought about any discernible change in your style of play?
That was never a square ball!!

ZeitChrist

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 01, 2016, 03:29:23 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2016, 02:37:13 PM

It seems like nearly every season tyrone have been knocked out, there are a few (sometimes more than a few) calling for his head - there definitely were 3 years ago when we beat them narrowly in a sf.

As for Rochford, there will be a few whinging about him not being up to it and more (generally from outside the county) saying that the player revolt cost us but most supporters will be happy to give him another 2 years and see how he gets on.

I think Rochford needs to build his own team and implement his style with a younger group, which could take a couple of years. The fact remains that the majority of the group he's working with now are James Horan's players and I don't know if they feel comfortable playing any other way after doing things the Horan way for so many years (even though I don't believe Horan was ever going to win an All-Ireland doing things the way he was doing it). Rochford needs a semi-clean slate to really make his mark in Mayo and forge a new identity for the team. All that said, I still think Mayo have a big performance in them yet and wouldn't be surprised at all if they take Tyrone out.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 01, 2016, 03:31:55 PM
What's the Mayo lads view on the job Tony McEntee has done since joining the management team? I thought it was a big coup for you at the time as I've always thought he was a very intelligent guy and talks a lot of sense about the game and how it should be played. Has be bought about any discernible change in your style of play?

Player Positions are all over the place with the Mayo team. Nine to ten of the Mayo team move around during the progress of a game. The only thing I have noticed from McEntee was when we played Kildare and they tried to provoke us, he was in like a flash with his arm around the targeted player and switching him for 5 minutes until the player cleared his head. Then he'd be moved back. Bar the Higgins/McLoughin experiment it's hard to see what else new has been brought to the table.

macdanger2

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 01, 2016, 03:31:55 PM

Very difficult to say how much McEntee is responsible for tbh. Add that to the fact that we haven't played great all year means it's hard to point to much that he's improved. Like you, I was happy when I heard he was coming onboard as he brings good experience, hopefully him and the rest of the mgmt team will show their worth next weekend.

Fear ón Srath Bán

No, there'll be no calls for MH's managerial head on a plate, regardless of how it goes on Saturday next.

His lieutenants, in Devlin and Donnelly, have played their parts too, and the greater 70+ minutes stamina of this particular Tyrone team is testimony to their efforts, specifically on the latter's behalf.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 01, 2016, 04:07:30 PM
No, there'll be no calls for MH's managerial head on a plate, regardless of how it goes on Saturday next.

His lieutenants, in Devlin and Donnelly, have played their parts too, and the greater 70+ minutes stamina of this particular Tyrone team is testimony to their efforts, specifically on the latter's behalf.
He reminds me of Sean Boylan when Meath were good. They were fiercely loyal. He was like the Meath whisperer.

omaghjoe

Quote from: seafoid on August 01, 2016, 04:16:21 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 01, 2016, 04:07:30 PM

He reminds me of Sean Boylan when Meath were good. They were fiercely loyal. He was like the Meath whisperer.

BTW Aul horse has been behaving himself quare an well the year

Main Street

Should Tyrone lose (unlikely),  Mickey will quick as a flash blame the media witch hunt after the Tiernan McCann 'incident' for unduly influencing  the outcome. 
Oh wait, hasn't that one been used already? maybe there's still a bit of life left in it, go green recycle a conspiracy.

Tyrone should win this one with points to spare.
This game's on Sky, most GAA viewers will miss it. 

Captain Obvious

2009 was the last time Tyrone won All Ireland quarter final as Ulster champions, 2009 was the last year Mayo lost All Ireland quarter final.

2009 produced a back door All Ireland winner from Munster. History to repeat itself in 2016 Tipperary anyone?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 01, 2016, 04:52:19 PM
2009 was the last time Tyrone won All Ireland quarter final as Ulster champions, 2009 was the last year Mayo lost All Ireland quarter final.

2013 was a different Tyrone team, never mind 2009! The 2016 vintage is of steelier stuff altogether I tell you ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...