Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 03:15:30 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 02:54:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 02:49:55 PM
Based on tyrone comments , fear . I think.Mayo will win. That lateral handpassing will do Tyrone in. Re the Ulster final how much out of the 11 points in 84 would Frank McGuigan get a chance to score with this year''s style of play?

We were significantly out-handpassed by Donegal* in the Ulster Final, but sure you're as entitled to an opinion on this game as anyone else. But, like arseholes... ;)

* 263 hanpasses to 149.
How many handpasses would there have been in 84? 50?

All fist passing back then. The hand pass came in much later. MC guigan fisted a couple over the bar that day.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hound on July 31, 2016, 08:21:17 PM
I fully expect them to be back to last year's level for the semi...

So you fully expect them to beat ourselves in the Quarters... sickening arrogance! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 06:32:08 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 06:29:18 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 03:22:11 PM

Totally and utterly irrelevant-- why the obsession with a period when we were singularly unsuccessful?
singularly?
The success only encompasses a period of 6 championships

Let me reframe: why worry about us, we're very much alive and kicking (with an odd handpass) in 2016?
Maybe Mayo are poor but I am genuinely interested to see if Tyrone can go forward with the Ulster style. I think you need a very good team to do that. Donegal did it once.

twohands!!!

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 08:16:12 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 31, 2016, 08:12:21 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2016, 06:20:54 PM
Can't see any other winner other than Tyrone here. That was the general consensus leaving Croker yesterday evening! Mayo were all over the place in the second half and the week turnaround will not help them either. Really the team Tyrone need to beware of are Tipp looking at their performance today.

Tyrones biggest problem is that they will be going into the final relatively untested. Mayo and tipp will do well to keep them to within single figures.

I'm sure Tyrone management team and the players will be cursing Lenny from GAAboard heaping all this pressure on them. Stop it Lenny, we know your game, you sly fox!

I think it's hard to disagree with - Mayo will grind out a moral victory of a loss, Tyrone's defence will shut down Tipp's attack and take advantage of Tipp openness at the back.

In other news Donegal won't have the legs for Dublin and neither will Kerry. Dublin's toughest game will be Tyrone in the final but Tyrone will be undone by Dean Rock frees.

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 08:58:17 PM

Totally and utterly irrelevant-- why the obsession with a period when we were singularly unsuccessful?
singularly?

Let me reframe: why worry about us, we're very much alive and kicking (with an odd handpass) in 2016?
Maybe Mayo are poor but I am genuinely interested to see if Tyrone can go forward with the Ulster style. I think you need a very good team to do that. Donegal did it once.

What's the Connacht style these days?
That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 09:14:26 PM

singularly?

very successful in the rugby. Mayo will be showcasing next week. You wouldn't know what they might come up.with. But it is unlikely to involve ulster levels of handpassing.

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 09:39:24 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 09:14:26 PM

singularly?

very successful in the rugby. Mayo will be showcasing next week. You wouldn't know what they might come up.with. But it is unlikely to involve ulster levels of handpassing.

Do you guys kick the ball loads where you are from then? How's that working out for you?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 06:23:24 PM
Can't see any other winner other than Tyrone here. That was the general consensus leaving Croker yesterday evening! Mayo were all over the place in the second half and the week turnaround will not help them either. Really the team Tyrone need to beware of are Tipp looking at their performance today.

Fook off, you're not supposed to meekly and humbly submit, in the face of such naked arrogance! ;)

Look, we made a meal out of beating Westmeath! A team Dublin beat in second gear. We lost to a Galway team that were steamrolled by Tipp today. Very poor against Fermanagh. Even the Kildare performance was dodgy where we were eaten at midfield. We have no marquee forwards. Cillian gets all his scores from frees. Our Full back line has been decimated by retirements, injuries and switching players to suit a system. We have found no new players in the last two to three years and no underage success either. The Croke Park Hoodoo still hangs over Mayo and they have a poor recent record in the Capital. Tyrone have had a fantastic season winning Ulster and Division two as well as following on from last years under 21 success. Their tails are up and the Defeat of a tough Donegal side will have brought them on. The seven day turn around will count against us as well. The general consensus is that most of Mayo's key players are past their best and the decline is staggering.

seafoid

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2016, 10:23:27 PM

Fook off, you're not supposed to meekly and humbly submit, in the face of such naked arrogance! ;)

Look, we made a meal out of beating Westmeath! A team Dublin beat in second gear. We lost to a Galway team that were steamrolled by Tipp today. Very poor against Fermanagh. Even the Kildare performance was dodgy where we were eaten at midfield. We have no marquee forwards. Cillian gets all his scores from frees. Our Full back line has been decimated by retirements, injuries and switching players to suit a system. We have found no new players in the last two to three years and no underage success either. The Croke Park Hoodoo still hangs over Mayo and they have a poor recent record in the Capital. Tyrone have had a fantastic season winning Ulster and Division two as well as following on from last years under 21 success. Their tails are up and the Defeat of a tough Donegal side will have brought them on. The seven day turn around will count against us as well. The general consensus is that most of Mayo's key players are past their best and the decline is staggering.

Ah feck ye. That's just put the shits up me even more. Classic GAA ambush. Like Tyrone v Dubs in 2008.

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2016, 10:23:27 PM

"And yet..."
If you were any use you'd be playing.

omagh_gael

David Gough down to ref this. A Meath man on the 20th anniversary of the butchering of those fine young men from amongst the bushes. All the lads should wear head bandages on Saturday in memory of that dark day.

Jinxy

All the Mayo lads should wear Larry Finnerty wigs.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Chimley

Quote from: Jinxy on July 31, 2016, 11:59:12 PM
All the Mayo lads should wear Larry Finnerty wigs.

Fun fact: Anthony Larrys young lad is now a marque forward for the Galway minors this year.

rrhf

Mayo guys extremely confident. They don't fear Tyrone