Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 02:49:55 PM
Based on tyrone comments , fear . I think.Mayo will win. That lateral handpassing will do Tyrone in. Re the Ulster final how much out of the 11 points in 84 would Frank McGuigan get a chance to score with this year''s style of play?

We were significantly out-handpassed by Donegal* in the Ulster Final, but sure you're as entitled to an opinion on this game as anyone else. But, like arseholes... ;)

* 263 handpasses to 149.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 02:54:20 PM
Based on tyrone comments , fear . I think.Mayo will win. That lateral handpassing will do Tyrone in. Re the Ulster final how much out of the 11 points in 84 would Frank McGuigan get a chance to score with this year''s style of play?

We were significantly out-handpassed by Donegal* in the Ulster Final, but sure you're as entitled to an opinion on this game as anyone else. But, like arseholes... ;)

* 263 hanpasses to 149.
How many handpasses would there have been in 84? 50?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 03:15:30 PM

Totally and utterly irrelevant-- why the obsession with a period when we were singularly unsuccessful?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 12:43:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 09:43:17 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 07:47:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 07:26:29 AM
Throne are 8/11  so there aren't many red hands betting on the team.

Explain.
If the tyronies were as confident as the posters here there would be a wall of money on the team.
8/11 is mediocre . Mayo are misfiring, can't keep up performance for 15 minutes , have known  psychological issues etc but Tyrone are only slight favourites.

What price do you think they should be? Will the gambling of a few people in one county shift the odds of a national bookmaker? Are you manifesting your Tyrone complex with whatever nonsense pops into your head?
3 to one on at least
And county money often drives prices.

So Mayo, by your reckoning, have gone from our 'bogey team' to absolute no-hopers? Scraping the bottom of that particular barrel methinks.

You clearly haven't watch Tyrone play much this year. Which is odd given your fascination. By the way, Frank scored one with his fist you know?
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

This is effectively an All-Ireland semi-final now.
Mayo need to go big or go home.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

WT4E

Quote from: SuperHo on July 31, 2016, 11:45:05 AM
Tickets went on sale on tickets.ie @ 9am. Went on @ 9.25am and was in a queue of 3 k odd.

Whats the story with these tickets - I wane online this morning at 9am and was told would be in a queue for an hour but had to go and when i came back they where no longer on sale - will there be more put on sale at some stage?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Bye, bye Connacht football for 2016!*

* Sickening and shocking arrogance, yes :D

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WT4E on July 31, 2016, 06:06:41 PM
Quote from: SuperHo on July 31, 2016, 11:45:05 AM
Tickets went on sale on tickets.ie @ 9am. Went on @ 9.25am and was in a queue of 3 k odd.

Whats the story with these tickets - I wane online this morning at 9am and was told would be in a queue for an hour but had to go and when i came back they where no longer on sale - will there be more put on sale at some stage?

Very unlikely. Try Central or Supervalu.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

From the Bunker

Can't see any other winner other than Tyrone here. That was the general consensus leaving Croker yesterday evening! Mayo were all over the place in the second half and the week turnaround will not help them either. Really the team Tyrone need to beware of are Tipp looking at their performance today.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2016, 06:20:54 PM
Can't see any other winner other than Tyrone here. That was the general consensus leaving Croker yesterday evening! Mayo were all over the place in the second half and the week turnaround will not help them either. Really the team Tyrone need to beware of are Tipp looking at their performance today.

Fook off, you're not supposed to meekly and humbly submit, in the face of such naked arrogance! ;)

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 03:22:11 PM

Totally and utterly irrelevant-- why the obsession with a period when we were singularly unsuccessful?
singularly?
The success only encompasses a period of 6 championships

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 06:29:18 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 03:22:11 PM

singularly?
The success only encompasses a period of 6 championships

Let me reframe: why worry about us, we're very much alive and kicking (with an odd handpass) in 2016?

lenny

Tyrones biggest problem is that they will be going into the final relatively untested. Mayo and tipp will do well to keep them to within single figures.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on July 31, 2016, 08:12:21 PM

Tyrones biggest problem is that they will be going into the final relatively untested. Mayo and tipp will do well to keep them to within single figures.

I'm sure Tyrone management team and the players will be cursing Lenny from GAAboard heaping all this pressure on them. Stop it Lenny, we know your game, you sly fox!
That was never a square ball!!

Hound

Will the return of DOC and Parsons mean Mayo will be back to their levels of recent years? Any other reason for their apparent decline this year?

I fully expect them to be back to last year's level for the semi, unless there's some reason I've been missing as to why they are not firing this year.