Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

These games will be hyped up, the reality is that they will both probably end up in big wins for both Dublin and Tyrone. With today's matches likely to see something similar, it has been a poor championship with no outstanding match to date. Tyrone v Cavan first time out was probably the pick of the matches and it wasn't exactly riveting stuff either.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 09:43:17 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 07:47:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 07:26:29 AM
Throne are 8/11  so there aren't many red hands betting on the team.

Explain.
If the tyronies were as confident as the posters here there would be a wall of money on the team.
8/11 is mediocre . Mayo are misfiring, can't keep up performance for 15 minutes , have known  psychological issues etc but Tyrone are only slight favourites.

What price do you think they should be? Will the gambling of a few people in one county shift the odds of a national bookmaker? Are you manifesting your Tyrone complex with whatever nonsense pops into your head?
3 to one on at least
And county money often drives prices.

So Mayo, by your reckoning, have gone from our 'bogey team' to absolute no-hopers? Scraping the bottom of that particular barrel methinks.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyCake

I think Mayo can win this. Aidan O'Shea will cause havoc and bag a couple of goals, like Givney did for Cavan. You heard it here first.

Armamike

Quote from: yellowcard on July 31, 2016, 10:57:39 AM
In my opinion Tyrone will win this match and win it quite easily. Mayo have regressed quite badly this year and Tyrone are going in the opposite direction. As long as they can handle the expectancy of being probable AI finalists I don't see anyway that Mayo can beat them on all known form this season.

If only football was that straightforward and predictable!  Mayo have been at the top table for a good few years. If they get a head of steam up they're hard to play against.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: BennyCake on July 31, 2016, 12:52:14 PM
I think Mayo can win this. Aidan O'Shea will cause havoc and bag a couple of goals, like Givney did for Cavan. You heard it here first.

Yes, they CAN, but WILL they? We'll be doing a Michael Murphy on O'Shea, so don't be expecting him to have free rein in Croke! ;)

BennyCake

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 01:03:00 PM

Yes, they CAN, but WILL they? We'll be doing a Michael Murphy on O'Shea, so don't be expecting him to have free rein in Croke! ;)

You didn't do a Michael Murphy on Michael Murphy because you didn't need to. Had Murphy been in FF and fit, Donegal would've won. I'll call it now and say Mayo by 2 points, 3-14 to 1-18.

yellowcard

Quote from: Armamike on July 31, 2016, 01:02:00 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 31, 2016, 10:57:39 AM
In my opinion Tyrone will win this match and win it quite easily. Mayo have regressed quite badly this year and Tyrone are going in the opposite direction. As long as they can handle the expectancy of being probable AI finalists I don't see anyway that Mayo can beat them on all known form this season.

If only football was that straightforward and predictable!  Mayo have been at the top table for a good few years. If they get a head of steam up they're hard to play against.

They WERE at the top table. Have done absolutely nothing this season nor showed any sort of form that would be capable of competing with Tyrone. Mayo are also tactically naive, Tyrone will suffocate them in defence and hit them with lightning fast counter attacks.

Jinxy

The Tyrone lads are very confident, I see.
Bordering on arrogance.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: BennyCake on July 31, 2016, 01:15:07 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 01:03:00 PM

You didn't do a Michael Murphy on Michael Murphy because you didn't need to. Had Murphy been in FF and fit, Donegal would've won. I'll call it now and say Mayo by 2 points, 3-14 to 1-18.

You're almost as naïve as Mayo were against Westmeath yesterday. :)

Wildweasel74

Would fancy Tyrone in this one but not by much, Mayo lack of the 2 extra scoring forwards they needed to find to win the all-ireland has not materialized. Tyrone has a number of players on the bench i probably start in front of a few of the starters. I think Mickey Hartes overly defensive style is actually holding this Tyrone team back with the forwards they have.

Jinxy

I can see AOS trying to go full 'Fear Laidir' in this game as he's had a poor season to date.
I predict lots of over-carrying, lots of charging and lots of turnovers.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyHarp

Have you seen Aiden O'Se this year? He's been brutal! More likely to get a card for indisciplined tackling than to get a score. His brother who came on yesterday  looks a decent player though!
That was never a square ball!!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on July 31, 2016, 01:17:45 PM
Bordering on arrogance.
Quelle surprise!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 31, 2016, 02:30:16 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 31, 2016, 01:17:45 PM
Bordering on arrogance.
Quelle surprise!

You ain't seen nothing yet! :D ;)

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2016, 12:43:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 09:43:17 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 07:47:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 07:26:29 AM
Throne are 8/11  so there aren't many red hands betting on the team.

Explain.
If the tyronies were as confident as the posters here there would be a wall of money on the team.
8/11 is mediocre . Mayo are misfiring, can't keep up performance for 15 minutes , have known  psychological issues etc but Tyrone are only slight favourites.

What price do you think they should be? Will the gambling of a few people in one county shift the odds of a national bookmaker? Are you manifesting your Tyrone complex with whatever nonsense pops into your head?
3 to one on at least
And county money often drives prices.

So Mayo, by your reckoning, have gone from our 'bogey team' to absolute no-hopers? Scraping the bottom of that particular barrel methinks.
Based on tyrone comments , fear . I think.Mayo will win. That lateral handpassing will do Tyrone in. Re the Ulster final how much out of the 11 points in 84 would Frank McGuigan get a chance to score with this year''s style of play?