Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 30, 2016, 10:48:23 PM
Seafoid, have you looked at what Tyrone have scored in every game this year?
Even in a claustrophobic Ulster final we scored 13 points. Most from play.
Are you worried about meeting Mayo in the semi for a revenge game?

Fuzzman Ulster football is some kind of Kabuki version that involves complex rituals of holding on to the ball without doing much with it. I have tried to read Jim McGuinness's columns in the IT but I don't really understand the system. GAA is like any other sport which means exploiting space at speed. The Ulster version is something else. If Seamus Heaney was around he might write a poem linking it to the Trojan war.

13 points would not be enough to beat Mayo. Are Tyrone as good as Donegal 2012? Do they have the quality beyond the puke, other than Cavanagh?

I don't mind if Mayo win the All Ireland.

lenny

Quote from: clarshack on July 31, 2016, 12:33:49 AM
mayo have been racking up some big scores recently and are favourites for me. tyrone have it all to do. will be some game!

Tyrone will win this one by at least 10 points. Msyo have quite obviously gone backwards this year. Tyrone are just so far ahead of mayo it's like having a bye into the semifinals.

seafoid

Throne are 8/11  so there aren't many red hands betting on the team.

T Fearon

Tyrone with a one man team,Mc Guigan in the 80s and Canavan in the 90s couldn't win an AI.Similar situation this year I'm afraid

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 07:26:29 AM

Explain.
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: T Fearon on July 31, 2016, 07:38:06 AM
Tyrone with a one man team,Mc Guigan in the 80s and Canavan in the 90s couldn't win an AI.Similar situation this year I'm afraid

Good man, Tony. Keep 'em coming.

Quote from: lenny on July 31, 2016, 07:15:37 AM
Quote from: clarshack on July 31, 2016, 12:33:49 AM
mayo have been racking up some big scores recently and are favourites for me. tyrone have it all to do. will be some game!

Tyrone will win this one by at least 10 points. Msyo have quite obviously gone backwards this year. Tyrone are just so far ahead of mayo it's like having a bye into the semifinals.

Jaysis, are you feeling ok, Lenny? That's not like you at all!

seafoid

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 07:47:27 AM

Explain.
If the tyronies were as confident as the posters here there would be a wall of money on the team.
8/11 is mediocre . Mayo are misfiring, can't keep up performance for 15 minutes , have known  psychological issues etc but Tyrone are only slight favourites.

seafoid

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 09:43:17 AM

Explain.
If the tyronies were as confident as the posters here there would be a wall of money on the team.
8/11 is mediocre . Mayo are misfiring, can't keep up performance for 15 minutes , have known  psychological issues etc but Tyrone are only slight favourites.

What price do you think they should be? Will the gambling of a few people in one county shift the odds of a national bookmaker? Are you manifesting your Tyrone complex with whatever nonsense pops into your head?
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

In my opinion Tyrone will win this match and win it quite easily. Mayo have regressed quite badly this year and Tyrone are going in the opposite direction. As long as they can handle the expectancy of being probable AI finalists I don't see anyway that Mayo can beat them on all known form this season.

Rossfan

Might as well present Tyrone with the Sam now and be done with it ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

PW Nally

No shortage of Cypher Us type posters among the bushes.

seafoid

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 31, 2016, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 31, 2016, 09:43:17 AM

Explain.

What price do you think they should be? Will the gambling of a few people in one county shift the odds of a national bookmaker? Are you manifesting your Tyrone complex with whatever nonsense pops into your head?
3 to one on at least
And county money often drives prices.

seafoid

Looking forward to this match, the first meaningful clash of big hitters of the championship

SuperHo

Tickets went on sale on tickets.ie @ 9am. Went on @ 9.25am and was in a queue of 3 k odd.