Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Holidaying in Mayo late August. Cong. They're a great people. Weather-beaten features but optimistic in nature.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Make sure you visit King Cong ONeill. Great spectacle.
Must be Mayo's to lose now after today. Easy run to the final where they finally will overcome Clare.

seafoid

I think Tyrone players are great at securing possession but the big weakness is all the foostering they do with the ball afterwards. They don't seem to be able to convert possession to scores with the required degree of ruthlessness.  The match against Mayo is not a competition to see who can do the most handpasses so they will have to tweak their Ulster settings.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Farrandeelin

This is as far as Mayo will go. Didn't see the game today, but I said it a while back that the last 8 is as far as Mayo will go.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

maigheo

Noyhing like a bit of doom and gloom to end the day.Thanks Farr.

Fuzzman

Seafoid, have you looked at what Tyrone have scored in every game this year?
Even in a claustrophobic Ulster final we scored 13 points. Most from play.
Are you worried about meeting Mayo in the semi for a revenge game?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Mayo coming to the boil nicely.They should be able to take Tyrone as Donegal would have done had they had the courage to cut loose.

BennyHarp

This thread could hit 100 pages by the time this is over.  ;D

I can't believe how open Mayo are. Their discipline in the tackle, even in scoring zone is awful. Think it's time we unleashed Lee Brennan to punish this. Aiden O'Se is a as walking yellow/black/red card waiting to happen. (Although today's game further proved that there is no consistency in the differences between the three cards). Mayo also looked very leggy in the second half, can they live with the pace Tyrone will bring to the game?

However, the spell of 10 mins in the first half when Mayo destroyed Westmeath with a burst of about 2-5 shows what they are capable of when they eventually click. I think this is going to be the game of the championship as Tyrone will definitely whet the appetite of this Mayo team.
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: T Fearon on July 30, 2016, 11:22:32 PM
Mayo coming to the boil nicely.They should be able to take Tyrone as Donegal would have done had they had the courage to cut loose.

Tony, the day you predict a Tyrone win is the day I begin to worry. This post has filled me with no end of confidence ;)

omagh_gael

Thought I'd look at the changes over the past three years. Here are the teams that lined out in 2013 and the teams v Westmesth and Donegal:

Mayo 2013

Mayo: Robert Hennelly, T Cunniffe, G Cafferkey, C Barrett, L Keegan, D Vaughan, C Boyle, A O'Shea, S O'Shea, K McLoughlin, K Higgins, A Dillon, C O'Connor, A Freeman, A Moran (cpt).

Subs: E Varley (0-01) for O'Connor, M Conroy for Moran, C Carolan (0-01) for Cunniffe, R Feeney for Vaughan, B Moran for A O'Shea

Mayo 2016

Mayo: D Clarke, B Harrison, K Keane, K Higgins (0-01), L Keegan, C Boyle], P Durcan (0-01), S O'Shea, D Vaughan (0-01), K McLoughlin (0-01), A O'Shea (1-00),]J Doherty (1-01), E Regan (0-03, 2f), A Moran (0-02), C O'Connor (1-05, 1-0 pen, 2f).

Subs: B Moran for Boyle (52), A Dillon for Regan (54), C O'Shea for Doherty (59), A Freeman for A Moran (65), C Barrett for Keegan (67), T Parsons for S O'Shea (69)

Tyrone 2013

Tyrone: P McConnell, R McKenna, C Clarke, C McCarron, C McGinley, P Harte, C Gormley, C Cavanagh, S Cavanagh, Mattie Donnelly, Mark Donnelly, Joe McMahon, D McCurry, S O'Neill (cpt), C McAliskey.

Subs: D Carlin for Harte, R O'Neill (0-01) for S O'Neill, R McNabb for McMahon, A Cassidy (0-01) for Mattie Donnelly, K Coney (0-01) for R O'Neill

Tyrone 2016

Tyrone: N Morgan (0-02, 2f), A McCrory, R McNamee, C McCarron (0-01), T McCann, J McMahon, R McNabb, C Cavanagh, M Donnelly, C McShane (0-01), N Sludden (0-01), P Harte (0-02), C McAliskey, S Cavanagh (0-03), R O'Neill.

Subs: R Brennan (0-01) for Donnelly (33 BC) M Bradey for McShane (37 BC), J Munroe for O'Neill (53), D McCurry (0-01) for McAliskey (63), K McGeary (0-01) for McMahon (70)

By my reckoning 14 Mayo players played today that were involved in 2013 versus 9 for Tyrone.

omagh_gael

Ticket information from gaa.ie

All Ireland SFC Quarter-Final ticket details
Saturday, July 30, 2016

The GAA can confirm the pairings for the two remaining GAA All-Ireland football quarter-finals which are scheduled to take place at Croke Park on Saturday, August 6th.

At 4.00pm Tyrone will play Mayo and this game is followed by the meeting of Dublin and Donegal at 6.00pm.

These games will be preceded by the GAA Football All Ireland Junior Final between Mayo and Kerry at 2.00pm.

A limited number of tickets will go on public sale tomorrow morning with the remaining tickets allocated to the Clubs, County Committees and GAA Season Ticket holders.

The participation of the counties involved on the same day means it is likely this fixture will sell out and tickets for public sale will be available online at gaa.ie and tickets.ie tomorrow morning from 9am and from Centra and SuperValu while stocks last.

It is not expected that there will be any public sale of tickets for the Football quarter-finals from the GAA Ticket Office in Dorset St.

Tickets are also on sale for the following day's GAA Hurling All Ireland semi-final involving Kilkenny and Waterford.

clarshack

mayo have been racking up some big scores recently and are favourites for me. tyrone have it all to do. will be some game!

skeog

on yesterdays game tyrone must be confident of seeing off mayo