Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

I think Tyrone can beat Mayo. However would love to see anyone beat Mayo this year. Don't like the way they have carried on recently.

Fuzzman

Oops, of course. Sorry about that Funegal. I'd settle for Tipperary then in the semi. ;-)

seafoid

I think the final will be Mayo v Dublin with Mayo scoring 3 goals and Ballina and other mythologies going into an alternative state of reality.

Il Bomber Destro

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Keane on July 25, 2016, 12:58:18 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 25, 2016, 12:46:06 PM
So there is an asterix over the Tyrone form line because they hammered Cavan who were beaten by Derry who Tyrone also hammered? Ok the draw with Cavan Shows questionable form, but Galway drew with an awful Roscommon team....remember who Galway also beat  in Connacht? Form lines like this mean nothing in the GAA.

I think Tyrone have improved significantly from last year and beyond recognition from 2013. There is no evidence to suggest Mayo have improved this year so it will be interesting to see where they are at. But...they have performed in big games at Croke park before (not finals) and for me, are the most dangerous of the qualifiers. But let's wait and see what pans out next weekend before analyzing the quarter finals!

Oh yeah obviously Galway are even more blown up again. The Cavan thing is a sidenote really, the quality of the Ulster final would be more of a concern.

Do you think Tyrone are at a level to beat Mayo if Mayo were up to their level from last year's AISF yet, or are they still a little off that?

Yes.

Mayo will be a tough nut but I think Tyrone have more pure footballers than Mayo, I think we are in better physical condition and we are much tactically assured. If we can break even around the middle of the pitch we will win, there seems to a real dependence on O'Connor frees with Mayo and I think Mayo's shooting from distance is quite poor which is something they will need to develop to beat Tyrone.

One thing I have noted about Mayo is how uncomfortable they are hitting the ball off their weaker foot which is in direct contrast to the comfort Tyrone players have kicking off either foot.

WT4E

What are the timings of this double header or if undecided what is it likely to be?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: WT4E on July 25, 2016, 10:52:48 PM
What are the timings of this double header or if undecided what is it likely to be?

4pm Tyrone, and 6pm Dublin.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

yellowcard

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 25, 2016, 03:37:16 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 25, 2016, 03:22:39 PM
The Ulster final may not have been nice to watch but it was very hard won with it being a real game of cat and mouse & I think Cork will soon find out themselves that Donegal are still a formidable opponent who could also go on to beat Galway or Tipp to reach a semifinal v Tyrone/Westmeath/Mayo.
I think they will learn a good bit from the Tyrone game and realise they have to come out of their shell a bit to win games. Nobody is mentioning them any more and they too are in the easier side of the draw, especially as Cork will struggle with their defensive web.

We all tend to use defeats (or wins) to help us decide how good a team is. We learnt nothing about Kerry or Dublin so far.
We learnt Galway have what it takes to beat Mayo but is that because Mayo have gone backwards. Kildare were very poor in Leinster so Mayo's big win over them tells us little again.

Tyrone are unbeaten since their defeat last year to Kerry though Donegal is the only big team they have beaten.
We can't tell if Tyrone are at Mayo's level of last year until they play each other and that game might not even happen.Personally I think Mayo will fall into the Tyrone turnover play on the break trap as they will not be as patient as Donegal were.
I'm expecting a repeat of 2005 where we meet our Ulster finalists again in the AI semifinal with Kerry waiting for us in the final.  ;) ;) ;)

Can't happen. If Donegal beat Cork then they will play Dublin in Quarter Final. Winners of that will play Kerry/Clare in semi final.

So to win All Ireland then Donegal would have to beat Cork, Dublin, Kerry and Tyrone. Good luck with that lads!

Club Rossa

anportmorforjfc

Will the tickets be released for this on Sunday or Monday, just want to make sure I'm able to get tickets?

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 25, 2016, 12:37:19 PM
Westmeath are being totally written off already I see -- let's hope the Mayo buachaillí are totally focused on the game against ourselves going into that one! ;)

We are not even looking at this thread!  :D

Anyway, if we raise our game high enough to scrape past 5 Ears, I'd prefer to play the Dubs.
MWWSI 2017

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

omagh_gael

Check out the counties quiz on general page and all will be revealed, Croi. I thought Muppet had a stroke myself when I first read that.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 27, 2016, 10:30:04 AM
Check out the counties quiz on general page and all will be revealed, Croi. I thought Muppet had a stroke myself when I first read that.

;D Thanks OG, that took care of half an hour anyway
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...