Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 04, 2016, 05:32:24 PM
Always good to hear from the other camp so I listened to this podcast from the Mayonews on the game.
https://soundcloud.com/themayonews

They seem to be talking down Mayo's performances so far this year and how their aim like Kerry and Dublin were to get to the 1/4 final stage with as little effort as possible. It's all about here on in and this is where those big teams turn on their A game. It could be true and I know what they mean but it's a big ask to suddenly turn on that tap and expect it all to come good but we know Mayo have that in their armoury. Patience will be vital for Mayo I believe as I can see us approaching this game a bit like the Kerry game in 2003 where we try to limit their scoring chances to a minimum with a ferocious workrate of tackling just inside our own half. If Mayo try to force their attacks too quickly I believe will get get turned over time and time again.

The lads talk about Tyrone playing Joe McMahon shows that they really don't know much about how this Tyrone team is set up. I can't see Joe anywhere near getting a game this year unless we get some injuries.
Tyrone have a habit of marking the star players out of the game when they need to and since Justy and Colm Cav have been sitting in around the D then we look less likely to concede goals.

How do you Mayo lads see your team getting scores? Do you think they will go for high ball into your FF line or will they play a running possession game, probing for an opening like Donegal did? I expect Tyrone to give you your own kickouts if ye want to take them short but I suspect ye will kick some long.
Looking forward to hearing the team tonight. I have a feeling Brennan and McCurry will start with RoN and McNabb missing out. Brennan more likely to kick far out points that McNabb.

I wonder who Donegal and Dublin will be cheering for? I'd say Jim Gavin will be keen to watch as much of it as he can.

Irishnews lads view here. http://www.irishnews.com/photos/videodiaries/2016/08/04/news/video---andy-and-cahair-on-tyrone-v-mayo-637147/

Tyrone to win this by 4.15 to 0.14. Last year I would've bet on Mayo to beat Tyrone by 4/5 points but they have regressed badly. Tyrone have also improved significantly with the influence of Peter Donnelly. This will be even enough for a while but when Tyrone get their first goal they will pick off Mayo at their leisure. Even pessimistic Tyrone fans are booking hotel rooms in Dublin for September.

ZeitChrist

Quote from: ONeill on August 04, 2016, 03:34:27 PM
Yes I think the euphoria of the Ulster Final has worn off and pundits/experts are siding with Mayo now. That's probably a bit of pressure to be honest and I hope it doesn't get to the Westerners. 31 counties are willing them on.

I haven't heard anyone siding with Mayo apart from Wooly Parkinson and Eoin Liston. The vast majority I've read and heard are going for Tyrone. But nice try at playing yourselves down.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Tyrone team unchanged for Mayo clash

Tír Eoghain v Maigh Eo

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
6 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Mattie Donnelly – Trí Leac
10 – Cathal McShane – Eoghan Ruadh Uí Néill
11 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mór
12 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mór
13 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
14 – Sean Cavanagh (c) – An Mhaigh
15 – Ronan O'Neill – An Omaigh

16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
17 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair
18 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
19 – Richard Donnelly – Trí Leac
20 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail
21 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chlochair
22 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
23 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
24 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn
25 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór
26 – Barry Tierney – An Omaigh
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Norf Tyrone

Which sub missed out for Richie Donnelly to get his spot?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tiempo

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 04, 2016, 08:36:55 PM
Which sub missed out for Richie Donnelly to get his spot?

Looks like Conor Clarke

omagh_gael

If Mickey makes changes prior to throw in I could see two potentials; Brennan for McShane and Donnelly for O'Neill.

Looking at the subs am I right in thinking only Conall McCann is yet to see action? Didn't Barry Tierney get a run out against Cavan or Derry?

larryin89

Things not good in the mayo camp . When i heard enda mcginley say it last night in a very sly way, i didnt pass much heed but it seems there is a lot of discontent and dont be surprised if two players dont even travel to dublin.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayoffs

Quote from: larryin89 on August 04, 2016, 09:45:11 PM
Things not good in the mayo camp . When i heard enda mcginley say it last night in a very sly way, i didnt pass much heed but it seems there is a lot of discontent and dont be surprised if two players dont even travel to dublin.

Heard the same, things not good
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

Aaron Boone

I did see the 8/11 Tyrone no longer available. Bookies must have got wind of something.

clarshack

Mind games from Mayo?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mayoffs on August 04, 2016, 09:51:37 PM

You don't say! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

larryin89

Quote from: clarshack on August 04, 2016, 09:57:18 PM

Mind games from Mayo?

Wish it was , its gone round mayo like wildfire.  A lot of peope know now , wouldnt be surprised if this hitz the papers soon.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

BennyHarp

If this Mayo team have anything about them at all then they'll turn up and put in the performance of their lives on Saturday, regardless of what is happening, as it really is do or die for them. The pressure must be huge, no wonder there are frayed nerves amongst them. All serves to make them more dangerous.....
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

Quote from: larryin89 on August 04, 2016, 10:00:35 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 04, 2016, 09:57:18 PM

Mind games from Mayo?

Wish it was , its gone round mayo like wildfire.  A lot of peope know now , wouldnt be surprised if this hitz the papers soon.

Peter the great has been spotted running round the hills of Altnamuskin whilst eating raw chickens. Word is Ronan O'Neill's place in the FF line is under pressure. You heard it here first!

Mikhailov

Quote from: Mayoffs on August 04, 2016, 09:51:37 PM

whilst these rumours maybe true - this is a time when a team is at its most dangerous - sure did the tyronies not do a bit of infighting in an in-house game the week before Donegal game.....???

Still fancy tyrone is a very tight titanic game - McEntee would love to put us out but cant see it......