What's going on in Maynooth Seminary?

Started by Seany, July 18, 2016, 07:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2016, 11:38:57 AM
Firstly the Irish College in Rome is an idyllic setting with which I am very familiar.A short stroll from the Coliseum yet while in the grounds you would never think you are in a major city at all.

Secondly the seminarians being sent there are not gay.

Thirdly any trainee or fully trained priests found using dating sites,gay or hetrosexual or abusing the celibacy vow should be expelled automatically from the ministry.

;D ;D ;D 

Tony is obviously out of touch with his Church
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

T Fearon

They are being moved to Rome due to their excellent pedigree and to complete their training in the mecca of seminaries as has always been the case with the cream of Irish semanarians.Non story.

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2016, 06:03:38 PM
They are being moved to Rome due to their excellent pedigree and to complete their training in the mecca of seminaries as has always been the case with the cream of Irish semanarians.Non story.

You sure its not the "cream of Irish semenarians" Tony   ;D

T Fearon

This thread once again highlights the astonishing extent of anti catholicism on this Board.A non story is twisted to portray three fine young men training to be priests as gay and being moved to Rome on account of this,when the reality is totally different.Sad.Is there any other group anywhere more vilified today than the Catholic Church and its faithful members?

seafoid

The cream of Irish seminarians is available via Grindr apparently. Drink sensibly

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2016, 06:14:28 PM
This thread once again highlights the astonishing extent of anti catholicism on this Board.A non story is twisted to portray three fine young men training to be priests as gay and being moved to Rome on account of this,when the reality is totally different.Sad.Is there any other group anywhere more vilified today than the Catholic Church and its faithful members?
Try itinérants,  transgender teenagers or asylum seekers before whining about priests, Tony

T Fearon

I suppose if those using dating apps were immediately expelled from seminaries you'd all be criticising the Church for intolerance :(

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on August 02, 2016, 03:57:31 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2016, 11:38:57 AM
Firstly the Irish College in Rome is an idyllic setting with which I am very familiar.A short stroll from the Coliseum yet while in the grounds you would never think you are in a major city at all.

Secondly the seminarians being sent there are not gay.

Thirdly any trainee or fully trained priests found using dating sites,gay or hetrosexual or abusing the celibacy vow should be expelled automatically from the ministry.
Seminarians do not take any vows of celibacy until ordination to transitional deacon.

Fair play to you for introducing some facts Iceman, but I think they will be lost on Tony.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Pedantic.Any serious catholic lay person,never mind those contemplating the ministry,abstains from sex outside marriage,without taking any formal vows.

theskull1

If people are that serious about it, why does the church make them take the vow come ordination?

T Fearon

theskull1

Ah the vows and oaths of the church

You may now shag!
You may now not shag!
You may now not say anything to any body about this!
You shouldn't really be doing that, now off to your new parish and let's hear no more about it!

T Fearon

Very simple.You accept the teachings of the Church, in which case you retain membership,or you reject them,in which case you leave and certainly don't train for the priesthood to spread teachings with which you disagree

The Iceman

Quote from: T Fearon on August 02, 2016, 08:48:09 PM
Pedantic.Any serious catholic lay person,never mind those contemplating the ministry,abstains from sex outside marriage,without taking any formal vows.
Seminarians are allowed to have girlfriends like everyone else.  The teaching for everyone is no sex outside of sacramental marriage.  There is no difference between a seminarian before they become a transitional deacon and a normal lay person. 
You can't call out just some teachings to obey Tony. You are supposed to be following all the teachings. You're a bit sad, you see..... It's well known you're a bit of a bollox on and off the gaaboard, maybe your heart is in the right place but you're doing the Catholic Church no favors by the way you go on here and how you treat people here...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

T Fearon

Did I not make the point about refraining from sex outside marriage earlier,regardless of whether you're lay or in training to be a cleric?