County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, July 13, 2016, 10:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Things quiet on this front lately.
Meanwhile Roscommon hurling manager Justin Campbell not going forward for another year.
Wonder will "McFod" (© Syfín) be making a similar announcement??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrdeeds

Quote from: ck on August 14, 2016, 07:36:14 AM
Would Ronan Carolan not be in the mix in Cavan?

No internally Dermot Mc Cabe and Peter Reilly seem to be frontrunners but Paul Curran has emerged too.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on August 31, 2016, 07:48:05 PM
Meanwhile Roscommon hurling manager Justin Campbell not going forward for another year.

I'd say they'll give it another year at least Rossfan.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Talk about John O'Mahony ( God bless him for 2010)  being part of Laythrum's set up next year.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 31, 2016, 10:44:17 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 31, 2016, 07:48:05 PM

I'd say they'll give it another year at least Rossfan.

Ros Herald stirring the pot but changes expected.
Meanwhile Kerry reappoint Fitzmaurice while Tyrone CB don't give St Micky an extension.

REDCOL

Talk of Jack Cooney in Cavan, dont know much about him bar he didnt get Westmeath Gig and that he has been involved with Rory Gallagher in Donegal.

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2016, 06:15:52 PM
Terry Hyland steps down in Breffniland.

Will likely be some falling on swords in the " McFod" enterprise.
Question is how high up will it go.
Fergal together with Stephen Bohan and David Casey resign.
Some people will be happy but ...... I don't like it.

Syferus

The only constant in all these reshuffles are the 'supporters'.

It sounds like the writing was on the wall for the joint management for a while. In the circumstances it might have been the only thing that could have been done to give us a chance of being competitive next year.

Jinxy

I didn't even know O'Donnell was part of the management team.
I thought it was McStay & McHale.
Two's company, three's a crowd?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on September 07, 2016, 09:02:50 AM
I didn't even know O'Donnell was part of the management team.
I thought it was McStay & McHale.
Two's company, three's a crowd?

I thought it was just O'Donnell and McStay, and McHale was some sort of coach/selector.

Maroon Manc

Assumed McHale was just a pundit given the amount of time he spends on newstalk.

oliverkelly

On Jack Cooney I know he is highly taught off in Celbridge but has done very little with them. Paul Curran I would steer clear off.

On our own situation joint managers don't work and thankfully the right decision has been made.

Rossfan

So 3 honourable men whose only agenda was Ros football have been sacrificed so that McStay can continue to smell of roses.
All dictated by outside influences and the " Hatch crew".
Does this mean that McStay will in future leave his cosy warm perch and actually get his boots dirty on the sideline during games?
Or will there be a few more patsies brought in for arse cover in case we don't do the treble or quadruple next year.
Once again we have a fecked up method of appointing managers and are we in for another army disaster like Dermot, TomTomtommy and Comdt Tan.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Rossfan on September 07, 2016, 09:46:37 AM
So 3 honourable men whose only agenda was Ros football have been sacrificed so that McStay can continue to smell of roses.
All dictated by outside influences and the " Hatch crew".
Does this mean that McStay will in future leave his cosy warm perch and actually get his boots dirty on the sideline during games?
Or will there be a few more patsies brought in for arse cover in case we don't do the treble or quadruple next year.
Once again we have a fecked up method of appointing managers and are we in for another army disaster like Dermot, TomTomtommy and Comdt Tan.

Easy to know your in Fergies camp but he ran the show last year along with Casey and we all seen what happened. Players didn't want him back and wanted to see what McStay and McHale can bring to table when aloud. Nobody knows what that will bring but cant be any worse than this year.

Rossfan

What were McS/McH doing all year so?
Who didn't "aloud" them to do anything?
What does joint manager mean - Obviously in this case it was " you take the shit" and I'll stay back and be the goodie two shoes.
Who will be hung next year?

If they had all resigned and let Co Board or clubs propose someone incl outgoing people it would be fairer.
Of course the nasty oul clubs mightn't do what the puppet master wants.