County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, July 13, 2016, 10:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

McStay officially nominated by his St Brigid's mates.
We got ourselves a contest.
I presume the Co Board will now appoint a Committee to interview the candidates and make a recommendation to the Board.
Hard to see Nigel winning it ....... but maybe a load of clubs might revolt due to the sour taste left by the abuse of Fergal.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 19, 2016, 11:14:54 PM
I presume the Co Board will now appoint a Committee to interview the candidates and make a recommendation to the Board.
Hard to see Nigel winning it ....... but maybe a load of clubs might revolt due to the sour taste left by the abuse of Fergal.

Which I assume means you're in the tinfoil hat brigade who think it's all a conspiracy by Wee Kevin, the lad who got FOD involved in the first place. You're not helping your county, to say the least.

Nige doing a lot of harm to his county and his own reputation by going around trying to sow seeds of discontent for his own gain. He always has had a self aggrandising streak but now it's getting out of hand. He's like Cake without the humour and, seemingly, the ability to manage a club team. No way he deserves the job after McStay is done - hopefully in at least three years' time with a couple Connachts in his back pocket.

Jinxy

McStay vs. Dineen... there's only one way to settle this.

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on September 20, 2016, 02:00:47 AM

Which I assume you're in the tinfoil hat brigade who think it's all a conspiracy by Wee Kevin, the lad who got FOD involved in the first place. I havent got a hat and if i had i wouldnt put tinfoil on it. I havent seen anyone going around wearing tinfoil covered hats either ...so maybe you need to get your tablets changed ;D
"Wee Kevin" could have dispelled any suggestion of him being in or approving of the "campaign of disparagement and undermining" by issuing a two sentence statement regretting Fergal's resignation, thanking the 3 lads and condemning any campaign of...

Nige doing a lot of harm to his county and his own reputation by going around trying to sow seeds of discontent for his own gain. He always has had a self aggrandising streak but now it's getting out of hand. He's like Cake without the humour and, seemingly, the ability to manage a club team.
"Nige" is well entitled to go for the position if he wants and being a politician and an Auctioneer neck and thick skin come with the territory.
For seeds of discontent look to the cowardly cnuts who instigated the anonymous internet and facebook campaigns against Ferfie and the 2 lads.

Maybe "Nige" mightn't be too bad a club manager if he was handed a team which had been AI Finalists and Semi finalists in the previous 2 years

No way he deserves the job after McStay is done - hopefully in at least three years' time with a couple Connachts in his back pocket.
Do people really put medals in their back pockets??? and why would your cool clean hero leave if he had the team winning Connacht titles?
Don't give up the day job Jinxy ;)

IolarCoisCuain

Which I assume means you're in the tinfoil hat brigade who think it's all a conspiracy by Wee Kevin, the lad who got FOD involved in the first place. You're not helping your county, to say the least.

Nige doing a lot of harm to his county and his own reputation by going around trying to sow seeds of discontent for his own gain. He always has had a self aggrandising streak but now it's getting out of hand. He's like Cake without the humour and, seemingly, the ability to manage a club team. No way he deserves the job after McStay is done - hopefully in at least three years' time with a couple Connachts in his back pocket.

Not like you to temper expectation Syf. Surely three All-Irelands, four Nestor Cups and five green jackets from Augusta would be more like what you think Roscommon capable of?

Syferus

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 20, 2016, 06:14:47 PM

Not like you to temper expectation Syf. Surely three All-Irelands, four Nestor Cups and five green jackets from Augusta would be more like what you think Roscommon capable of?

I know what Mayo isn't capable of, at least.

Itchy

The word is that Anthony Cunningham is now favourite for the Cavan job.

Rossfan

oliverkelly

Quote from: Itchy on September 20, 2016, 08:43:40 PM

I wonder will he hold off and look for the Clare hurling job

Cunny Funt

According to shannonside radio sport Cunningham will be part of McStays new Roscommon management package.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Quote from: oliverkelly on September 21, 2016, 10:45:27 AM

Would have thought Dalo would get that.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 21, 2016, 06:48:16 PM
According to shannonside radio sport Cunningham will be part of McStays new Roscommon management package.
Also includes Vinny Glennon they say. I presume McHale also included
Heard a rumour Fransheen is part of Nigel's package. Didn't hear any other names.
Only the 2 nominations in.

larryin89

Jeez youre some buck for one buck syf.  You honestly dont do decent rossies any favours. Forget Mayo lad , get some perspective of where yer at ffs. Mayo were a kick of the ball away from greatness last sunday. Your version of things are so far off its ridiculous.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Itchy

Quote from: Jinxy on September 21, 2016, 07:48:19 PM
Quote from: oliverkelly on September 21, 2016, 10:45:27 AM

Would have thought Dalo would get that.

Interesting. Supposedly Cavan interviewing this week and next week. No very exciting names in the pot and even the people within the county that I thought might go for it have declared themselves not interested. They could be back on bended knee for Terry Hyland yet!