If Aidan O'Shea played for Tyrone

Started by Il Bomber Destro, July 09, 2016, 04:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

By the way, in case the Tyrone fans are making the case that this was no different to the McCann incident last year, it was.
The McCann incident was much worse as it happened during a break in play and was purely intended to get his opponent sent off.
As bad as O'Shea's dive was, he was chancing his arm to try and win a penalty.
Big difference.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:31:28 PM
By the way, in case the Tyrone fans are making the case that this was no different to the McCann incident last year, it was.
The McCann incident was much worse as it happened during a break in play and was purely intended to get his opponent sent off.
Big difference.

Cheating is cheating is cheating.

The McCann dive had no bearing on the game, this had a huge impact and O'Shea has previous for this type of antics as highlighted in the first post. He seems to be given a free pass though.

square_ball

Osheas had a direct bearing on the result though whereas McCann was when tyrone were home and hosed. Not in anyway justifying McCann (it was disgraceful) but I think osheas is worse.

Jinxy

I'll admit you Nordies would have a much more refined understanding of the various grades of cheating but for me McCann's dive was pure underhanded and malicious.

redzone

Jinx u gimp. Why bring mcann into it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:36:07 PM
I'll admit you Nordies would have a much more refined understanding of the various grades of cheating but for me McCann's dive was pure underhanded and malicious.

So was O'Shea's in the first post in this thread.

Jinxy

I'd make a distinction between diving to win a free/penalty and diving to get your opponent sent off.
The latter is far worse.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:39:52 PM
I'd make a distinction between diving to win a free/penalty and diving to get your opponent sent off.
The latter is far worse.

What about this from the same player?

Jinxy

He's cheating to try and win a free there.

Elias

He goes down holding his face to win a free and get the ref to show a card; so he's doing both.

Jinxy

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:42:05 PM
He's cheating to try and win a free there.

He's cheating to try and get McConnell sent off there, the whistle had already been blown for a Tyrone free out.

Jinxy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 09, 2016, 05:32:49 PM
Big difference.

The McCann dive had no bearing on the game, this had a huge impact and O'Shea has previous for this type of antics as highlighted in the first post. He seems to be given a free pass though.

What are you on about, he's getting absolutely slaughtered!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:47:34 PM
Big difference.

He is not.

Dolan said it was "opportunist".

He hasn't been called a disgrace, he hasn't been urged to make a public apology, he hasn't had his character attacked.

Beffs

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 09, 2016, 05:50:56 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:47:34 PM
Big difference.

He is not.

Dolan said it was "opportunist".

He hasn't been called a disgrace, he hasn't been urged to make a public apology, he hasn't had his character attacked.

Jesus, give it time. The match isn't over an hour yet.