If Aidan O'Shea played for Tyrone

Started by Il Bomber Destro, July 09, 2016, 04:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 09, 2016, 06:04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure not one single Mayo supporter has attempted to defend AOS. It was a pure disgrace what he did

I couldn't be arsed looking back at the mccann thread but I'm fairly sure there were a few going on about the monaghan man punching him and what not.

Just in case you missed it on the other thread ....

Very disappointed .... with all the Mayo supporters on here for not telling everyone that is in anyway criticising Aidan to fcuk right off for themselves.
Every game he plays .....EVERY game .... referees fail to give him free after free after free. Yes, he carries the ball into contact all the time (and thus gets a much greater degree of unfair treatment than even Michael Murphy for example) and that is a weakness in his game, but that does not entitle every opposing team to foul him every single time without punishment. FFS, we would have sealed the deal in an All-Ireland or 2 if referees called even half the fouls on him.

Sure, it was a soft penalty. He felt a very light hand on his back and no doubt thought 'f**k this, i'm not waiting to be manhandled yet again and get no free so i'll make it clear to the ref.' So, while he continues to fail to get the decisions he is due then i have no issue with him doing what he is doing to get some degree of fair play. Even today, the amount of frees he didn't get were not offset by the penalty.

And why should Aidan or this entire Mayo team have to apologize for making the most of a hand on his back and manufacturing a penalty. To a man, not one of them whinged about Cormac Reilly v Kerry in Limerick. 'Winning of the game was in our own hands' ... 'swings and roundabouts' .... 'improve' was all you heard. Fermanagh should do the same after today ..... forget about the penalty, if you were better conditioned and kicked a few more scores in the 2nd half you would have won so focus on the mirror in front of you and don't whinge. Just don't f**king whinge

And quite frankly if anyone thinks i'm being a twat .... fantastic, cos you can go fcuk yourselves (and do it twice if you're not from Mayo or Fermanagh)

Circle the wagons, drive on to next week, UP MAYO.

lenny

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:31:28 PM
By the way, in case the Tyrone fans are making the case that this was no different to the McCann incident last year, it was.
The McCann incident was much worse as it happened during a break in play and was purely intended to get his opponent sent off.
As bad as O'Shea's dive was, he was chancing his arm to try and win a penalty.
Big difference.

Just saw the incident there. On the McCann scale of diving (Tiernan deserving of a 10) i would award big Aidan an 8. Disgraceful and disgusting but still nowhere near as bad as mccanns. Ihope he is suitably chastised on the sunday game. These incidents are a real blight on our game and the players involved need to be given a hard time and made to feel that they are letting the whole game down. McCann in my opinion got off lightly and got so much support from within his own county that he just had a big laugh about the situation which means a) he is likely to do it again and b) other young tyrone lads will copy his behaviour in the expectation of being fully supported within the county.

rrhf

By the way, in case the Tyrone fans are making the case that this was no different to the McCann incident last year, it was.
The McCann incident was much worse as it happened during a break in play and was purely intended to get his opponent sent off.
Big difference.
Meath logic alright.  Anything to win.

longballin

now we are reduced to which dive was the worst, McCann or O'Shea... they were both shameful but that's what the game has come to...

TheOptimist

O'Se, Sean Cavanagh and Michael Murphy, all big men who like a dive.

Not defending them but I always think its harder for a big man to get a free as they naturally don't get taken down as easy. I think this can make them want to "emphasize" the foul at times.

Jinxy

All dives will henceforth be rated using the McCann Scale.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: TheOptimist on July 09, 2016, 10:56:20 PM

Not defending them but I always think its harder for a big man to get a free as they naturally don't get taken down as easy. I think this can make them want to "emphasize" the foul at times.

You haven't been watching AOS enough.. Cavanagh is the original big-guy-the-wind-blows-down, though.

Il Bomber Destro

O'Shea is in a different league to any of them. Don't think Murphy dives at all to be honest.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on July 09, 2016, 09:59:39 PM
Big difference.

Just saw the incident there. On the McCann scale of diving (Tiernan deserving of a 10) i would award big Aidan an 8. Disgraceful and disgusting but still nowhere near as bad as mccanns. Ihope he is suitably chastised on the sunday game. These incidents are a real blight on our game and the players involved need to be given a hard time and made to feel that they are letting the whole game down. McCann in my opinion got off lightly and got so much support from within his own county that he just had a big laugh about the situation which means a) he is likely to do it again and b) other young tyrone lads will copy his behaviour in the expectation of being fully supported within the county.

Did he Lenny?
That was never a square ball!!

Jinxy

Quote from: blast05 on July 09, 2016, 09:56:40 PM

Very disappointed .... with all the Mayo supporters on here for not telling everyone that is in anyway criticising Aidan to fcuk right off for themselves.
Every game he plays .....EVERY game .... referees fail to give him free after free after free. Yes, he carries the ball into contact all the time (and thus gets a much greater degree of unfair treatment than even Michael Murphy for example) and that is a weakness in his game, but that does not entitle every opposing team to foul him every single time without punishment. FFS, we would have sealed the deal in an All-Ireland or 2 if referees called even half the fouls on him.

Sure, it was a soft penalty. He felt a very light hand on his back and no doubt thought 'f**k this, i'm not waiting to be manhandled yet again and get no free so i'll make it clear to the ref.' So, while he continues to fail to get the decisions he is due then i have no issue with him doing what he is doing to get some degree of fair play. Even today, the amount of frees he didn't get were not offset by the penalty.

And why should Aidan or this entire Mayo team have to apologize for making the most of a hand on his back and manufacturing a penalty. To a man, not one of them whinged about Cormac Reilly v Kerry in Limerick. 'Winning of the game was in our own hands' ... 'swings and roundabouts' .... 'improve' was all you heard. Fermanagh should do the same after today ..... forget about the penalty, if you were better conditioned and kicked a few more scores in the 2nd half you would have won so focus on the mirror in front of you and don't whinge. Just don't f**king whinge

And quite frankly if anyone thinks i'm being a twat .... fantastic, cos you can go fcuk yourselves (and do it twice if you're not from Mayo or Fermanagh)

;D ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dublin7

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 09, 2016, 10:59:26 PM

O'Shea is in a different league to any of them. Don't think Murphy dives at all to be honest.

Michael Murphy takes dogs abuse and the Donegal style of play is crap to watch as a neutral but he has never taken a dive like Aidan O'Shea did today. Mayo fans have this chip on the shoulder and believe the ref screwed them over v Kerry rather than than their forward's inability to kick a point.

I'm amazed Aidan was able to stand up at all with that wind today considering how easy he went down(took a dive) for the penalty.

Captain Obvious

I'm pretty sure not one single Mayo supporter has attempted to defend AOS. It was a pure disgrace what he did

I couldn't be arsed looking back at the mccann thread but I'm fairly sure there were a few going on about the monaghan man punching him and what not.

That rant didn't need a re-post.

trueblue1234

Blast going to Mayo's Omaghjoe 😀
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

Silly thread this one anyway, Big Aidan wouldn't get on the Tyrone team lol

ONeill

Maybe he just doesn't tie his laces correctly as the boots were made in Taiwan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.