Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 19, 2016, 03:00:58 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 19, 2016, 02:48:35 PM
McGee was ambling over the top of him. He was putting his hand up to protect himself.

The refund was looking at it and if he thought it was a bc he should've gave it. Instead the umpire called him to it.
Why have you used the word "refund" in your last two posts?

Cos thats what he's gonna have to give Sean Dunnion

imtommygunn

Auto complete on the word ref I suspect....

Zulu

I think that's an important point Fuzzman and despite what Cavanagh eventually ended up doing I was thinking to myself halfway through the game that two of the best footballers in the past 10 years or more (Cavanagh and Murphy) could have easily been replaced by a fit junior footballer for all they had done to that point. I think Murphy is being entirely wasted by Donegal I think they really need to rethink their whole approach. They won one All Ireland playing a certain way and that's all they'll win continuing that way as it's been found out. With really good players why not go out and see what playing a more expansive brand of football will get you? They know how to play the blanket anyway so if required they can always go back but if they went more conventional they could do damage and ruin their opponents plans based on the way they thought they'd play.

nrico2006

Very noticeable how Cavanagh has had a big influence in the last two games when moved out the field.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 19, 2016, 03:40:38 PM
Very noticeable how Cavanagh has had a big influence in the last two games when moved out the field.

Has he got the legs if moved out in Croker, though Matty Donnelly wont be likely to be sat in the stands. I thought O'Reilly done an excellent job in curtailing Donnelly, who really done nothing. After Donnelly went off O'Reilly didnt really do much. Gallagher should have placed him on Harte in the 2nd half!

screenexile

Jimmy had a fair cut at Rory Gallagher today in the papers . . . where'e Leo McLoone??!!

Fuzzman

Yeah I was wondering was there a falling out between McLoone and Gallagher?
That's twice now he's brought on Thompson I think having brought him off or was it another player the last day.
Amazing Mark McHugh can't get a starting place any more on that team.

What do people think of Munroe? Where's his natural position?
I think Brennan has to start from here on. His pace and mobility and ability to take a score from distance is crucial, even more so than McNabb and McCann.

J70

It's a disgrace that Leo is not even used as a sub. It can't be a Glenties thing, as why would Anthony Thompson start and then be brought back on? McElhinney was brought back on against Monaghan too. And Leo is strong as f**k and would have been useful in that second half to break a few tackles. Maybe he didn't react too well to coming on as a sub against Fermanagh and then being whipped off at half-time.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 19, 2016, 03:52:45 PM
That's twice now he's brought on Thompson I think having brought him off or was it another player the last day.

I think Brennan has to start from here on. His pace and mobility and ability to take a score from distance is crucial, even more so than McNabb and McCann.
I would like to see Brennan or Munro coming in for McCrory, other than that our team isnt that far away and is quite settled.
we have mccurry & Bradley to come off the bench up front and any number of players that can do a job anywhere in the middle third.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 19, 2016, 03:45:38 PM

Has he got the legs if moved out in Croker, though Matty Donnelly wont be likely to be sat in the stands. I thought O'Reilly done an excellent job in curtailing Donnelly, who really done nothing. After Donnelly went off O'Reilly didnt really do much. Gallagher should have placed him on Harte in the 2nd half!

Cavanagh's influence is more in fleeting moments these days. He isn't going to dominate from out the field with surging runs like he did on the past and we can afford to leave him inside for 'rests' if needs be. But when the big moments arrive he invariably is there. I think his influence is also in the attention he will attract from the opposition. Last Sunday's performance will re-enforce that. I don't think that if you shut down Cavanagh, you shut down Tyrone, but I think counties may allocate more resources to shutting him down than are needed. Let's face it, nothing would have stopped his 3 points on Sunday, so a strategy to stop this may be wasted. So in my view his presence in Croker will create opportunities for others and of course he will always be there when the need arises.
That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

What about Lee Brennan is he finished his GCSE's yet?

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 19, 2016, 04:09:04 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 19, 2016, 03:45:38 PM

Cavanagh's influence is more in fleeting moments these days. He isn't going to dominate from out the field with surging runs like he did on the past and we can afford to leave him inside for 'rests' if needs be. But when the big moments arrive he invariably is there. I think his influence is also in the attention he will attract from the opposition. Last Sunday's performance will re-enforce that. I don't think that if you shut down Cavanagh, you shut down Tyrone, but I think counties may allocate more resources to shutting him down than are needed. Let's face it, nothing would have stopped his 3 points on Sunday, so a strategy to stop this may be wasted. So in my view his presence in Croker will create opportunities for others and of course he will always be there when the need arises.

Dont think Cavanagh ever dominated with those surging runs since 05. But what he has done is when he gets 4 or 5 plays in a half he completely nails them, like on Sunday, also not unlike the 08 AI final.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

T Fearon

Am hearing that Donegal V Tyrone was so poor even Pokemon left at half time!😂

omaghjoe

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 19, 2016, 04:02:48 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 19, 2016, 03:52:45 PM

I would like to see Brennan or Munro coming in for McCrory, other than that our team isnt that far away and is quite settled.
we have mccurry & Bradley to come off the bench up front and any number of players that can do a job anywhere in the middle third.

Wouldnt say him and McShane get on too well, McShane's black card was probably the reason Harte gave him a run out