Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 16, 2016, 10:08:40 PM
Quote from: skeog on July 16, 2016, 06:38:23 PM
one change to tyrone 26 apparently another man with plenty of pace

Meyler?

Was it one of the '03 men? One of them give a blistering performance up in Greencastle this evening and get a late call up?

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on July 16, 2016, 08:17:19 AM
Remarkable all the same,Armagh only lost twice in 8 Ulster championship (when it really was a tough province to get out of) campaigns from 1999 to 2006.Tyrone's flakiness was exposed in Ulster,and two fluke All Ireland wins via the backdoor cannot gloss over this

To be fair to Tony, he's right about this. There are nights I wake up in a cold sweat thinking about these Ulster titles Tyrone didn't win in the 00s. The three All-Irelands pale into significance when set up against Armagh's brilliant Ulster record. I've spoken to a few players since and they've all said they would give up an All-Ireland for 2 more Ulsters, or 2 All Irelands for three extra Ulsters. One boy from the Moy said he'd give up all 3 All Irelands for 6 more Ulsters.

Winning a game in the white heat of an Ulster final overrides the pressures of playing in the comparatively tame arena of an All Ireland semi or final. For me any way.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: ONeill on July 16, 2016, 11:24:35 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 16, 2016, 08:17:19 AM
Remarkable all the same,Armagh only lost twice in 8 Ulster championship (when it really was a tough province to get out of) campaigns from 1999 to 2006.Tyrone's flakiness was exposed in Ulster,and two fluke All Ireland wins via the backdoor cannot gloss over this

To be fair to Tony, he's right about this. There are nights I wake up in a cold sweat thinking about these Ulster titles Tyrone didn't win in the 00s. The three All-Irelands pale into significance when set up against Armagh's brilliant Ulster record. I've spoken to a few players since and they've all said they would give up an All-Ireland for 2 more Ulsters, or 2 All Irelands for three extra Ulsters. One boy from the Moy said he'd give up all 3 All Irelands for 6 more Ulsters.

Winning a game in the white heat of an Ulster final overrides the pressures of playing in the comparatively tame arena of an All Ireland semi or final. For me any way.

😂😂😂😂

T Fearon-the willie Frazer of the gaaboard. Used to be a troll, now a laughing stock for all to point and see.

SkillfulBill

Donegal goose is cooked weather for the game is hot 22-25 degrees. Cook for 70 mins and serve hot. Tyrone by 6+.

ONeill

Proudly the note of the trumpet is sounding
Loudly the war-cries arise on the gale
Fleetly the steed by Lough Sweighly is bounding
To join the six squadrons on Saimier's green vale!
On every mountaineer! Strangers to flight or fear!
Rush to the standard of dauntless Red Hugh!
Bonnaught and gallowglass, throng from each mountain pass!
Onward for Erin! O'Donnell Abu!

Princely O'Neill to our aid is advancing
With many a chieftain and warrior clan!
A thousand proud steeds in his vanguard are prancing
'Neath the Borderers brave from the banks of the Ban!
Many a heart shall quail under his coat-of-mail,
Deeply the merciless foeman shall rue
When on his ear shall ring, borne on the breeze's wing
Tyr Connell's dread war cry: O'Donnell Abu!

Wily O'Desmond the war-wolf is howling
Fearless the eagle sweeps over the plain;
The fox in the streets of the city is prowling
And all who would conquer them are banished or slain!
On with O'Donnell then! Fight the good fight again!
Sons of Tyr Connell are valiant and true!
Make the proud Saxon feel Erin's avenging steel!
Strike for your country, O'Donnell Abu!

redzone

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 16, 2016, 10:39:23 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 16, 2016, 10:08:40 PM
Quote from: skeog on July 16, 2016, 06:38:23 PM
one change to tyrone 26 apparently another man with plenty of pace

Meyler?

Was it one of the '03 men? One of them give a blistering performance up in Greencastle this evening and get a late call up?

No, going back to 86. It's joe Mallon after his inclusion in the drumragh  dream team. He's flying

Fuzzman

Looks like it's gonna be an el scorcho in Clones. Was the same back in 1989. Hope it's the same result.
A lot of Tyrone hype on here in the last few days which the cute hoor Donegal and anti Tyrone brigade will love but of course it has feck all impact on what happens.

With temperatures into the 20s you would imagine the players will struggle with fitness and a running game. The older players will find it hard going.

Il Bomber Destro

The good weather makes it Advantage Tyrone.

T Fearon

Tyrone continue to be erratic (a feature of Harte's reign). Who would have thought after running Mayo close in the semi final in 2013,Tyrone would lose to Armagh in Omagh less than one year later?

For experience, guile, tenacity and pedigree I see nothing other than a Donegal win today.When Cavan put it up to Tyrone the first day they wilted.No one will feel the heat more than old Sean Cavanagh today,and he is the only player Tyrone can rely on to perform consistently.

ONeill

WT4E

Anyone got a seat going I've a man in need he managed to get an oduffy but not really fit to stand.

T Fearon

Mickelson Donegal double pays just over 6/1! On it like a shot!

BennyCake

Tyrone have met nobody yet. Donegal by 2 in a low scoring game.

omagh_gael

Quote from: BennyCake on July 17, 2016, 12:42:43 PM
Tyrone have met nobody yet. Donegal by 2 in a low scoring game.

Any team that Donegal have beat this year (ex McKenna cup) have already been beat in Championship by Division 2 and 3 teams.

Feeling nervous but I'm going for Tyrone by 3 after turning on the afterburners in the last quarter.