Donegal V Tyrone Ulster Final 17th July

Started by never kickt a ball, July 03, 2016, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

9 of the Donegal players who featured today were in the over 30 category.

I thought they looked a very tired team in the second half.

Can't outrun time.

Captain Obvious

Some summer for Peter Harte a sure all-star already. Mickey Harte is building another All Ireland winning team but not sure will it happen this summer. Donegal have uphill task to reach All Ireland quarter final and will likely go no further.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Jinxy on July 17, 2016, 08:49:57 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 17, 2016, 05:25:36 PM
After seeing the Donnelly black card there for the first time from the television pictures?

A disgraceful decision, McHugh ran in a straight line into Donnelly after he released the ball when he had no need to. Donnelly did not change his direction or go out of his way to get him.

Also thought Rory Kavanagh committed the most blatant black card offence on half time and Anthony Thompson should have been off for a second yellow. Haven't seen these incidents again but they certainly looked the case from the stands. We were very badly hit by poor refereeing decisions once again today but the team showed huge character after a poor first half display and some really poor decisions against them.

Subs made a huge difference when they came in - Brennan, McGeary, McCurry with points, Monroe with a super shoulder. A log of questions answered again, three wins from here on in. I've thought we could do it from the start of the year and I still believe that way.

100% a black card.
Coldrick is the best ref in the country and he doesn't give them out lightly.
I'm feeling kind of well disposed towards Tyrone for once, so don't spoil it for me.

It was a shocking decision, McHugh jumped into Donnelly which is evident in the replay? Please explain to me how Donnelly should be black carded when the Donegal man jumped into him?

Wildweasel74

Donegal have some great minors to come through so they build up ahead of steam in the next 5 years or so, problem is, so do Kerry

ONeill

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 17, 2016, 08:56:06 PM
After seeing the Donnelly black card there for the first time from the television pictures?

A disgraceful decision, McHugh ran in a straight line into Donnelly after he released the ball when he had no need to. Donnelly did not change his direction or go out of his way to get him.

Also thought Rory Kavanagh committed the most blatant black card offence on half time and Anthony Thompson should have been off for a second yellow. Haven't seen these incidents again but they certainly looked the case from the stands. We were very badly hit by poor refereeing decisions once again today but the team showed huge character after a poor first half display and some really poor decisions against them.

Subs made a huge difference when they came in - Brennan, McGeary, McCurry with points, Monroe with a super shoulder. A log of questions answered again, three wins from here on in. I've thought we could do it from the start of the year and I still believe that way.

100% a black card.
I'm feeling kind of well disposed towards Tyrone for once, so don't spoil it for me.

It was a shocking decision, McHugh jumped into Donnelly which is evident in the replay? Please explain to me how Donnelly should be black carded when the Donegal man jumped into him?

Just watched it again.....don't think Donnelly could do much more other than dive out of the way.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Estimator

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 17, 2016, 08:56:43 PM
Donegal have some great minors to come through so they build up ahead of steam in the next 5 years or so, problem is, so do Kerry
Rory Gallagher mustn't have faith in the youngsters if he is still carting out Kavanagh, McFadden and Toye and throwing Thompson back in the mix after being substituted. Donegal were in the minor final today and also in 2014. I think they got to 3 U21 Ulster finals in a row. Where are all these fella's?
Ulster League Champions 2009

rrhf

I didn't see either black card, but I felt coldrick let the hits go in and kept the game running. He may have missed the Donegal bc I believe but as for o Neills suggestion that Donnelly should have dived out of the road.  He might have got a bc for that anyway. Michael Murphy has played a lot for a 26 year old. Needs a break...

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2016, 09:02:40 PM

100% a black card.

Just watched it again.....don't think Donnelly could do much more other than dive out of the way.

The ball was long gone.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

lenny

100% a black card.

Donnelly looked for the contact, definitely a black card. Thompson should have seen red but overall Tyrone got most of the 50/50 calls.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on July 17, 2016, 09:21:42 PM

100% a black card.

Donnelly looked for the contact, definitely a black card. Thompson should have seen red but overall Tyrone got most of the 50/50 calls.

Really? Another 'fact' then Lenny?
That was never a square ball!!

tyroneman

Rory Kavanagh gave a text book example of a back card foul and got a yellow.

Coldrick also let a clear kick go without taking action even though it was less than a few feet from him.

Terrible, terrible inconsistency.

Zulu

Coldrick got Kavanagh's correct from what I saw. I'm not sure lads understand what a black card is.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 17, 2016, 08:56:43 PM
Minors coming through you simply can't predict. U-21 a much better guide, e.g. Donegal v Dublin in Breffni 2010.

tyroneman

Quote from: T Fearon on July 16, 2016, 12:07:22 PM
How can this Tyrone team,after conceding five goals in two games against Cavan be considered to be in contention against Donegal? They have not met a first division team since last year and showed they have no bottle during the latter stages of the first game against Cavan,conceding easy goals and missing easy frees at the death.

Donegal by at least three, or more if they throw of the shackles and let big Murphy into the square where he should have a field day

Bottle of water....€1
Ticket for match....€30
Tony Fearon being completely wrong (again).....priceless

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Zulu on July 17, 2016, 09:26:50 PM
Coldrick got Kavanagh's correct from what I saw. I'm not sure lads understand what a black card is.
I'd agree I'm one of them.