Tour de France 2016

Started by bennydorano, July 02, 2016, 11:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

36-03-09

Quote from: yellowcard on July 23, 2016, 11:59:07 PM
Typical sky fan logic. Froome is clean but Astana/Contador are dirty as hell whenever they win. Double standards.

"Double standards"? Are we just pretending 2010 didn't happen then?

stew

Kimmage is attacking a man that refuses to fight back, he may be right but as of now he has no proof of what he writes.

I am hoping Froome is clean but in cycling one never knows, as of now he is considered clean and Kimmage would do well to find proof of what he alludes to or shut the fuk up and leave the man alone.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Stallion

Quote from: bennydorano on July 16, 2016, 07:02:51 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on July 16, 2016, 03:14:54 PM
He has went from a thoroughly mediocre cyclist to one of the greatest ever almost overnight, and expects us to believe it is due to treating his mysterious bilharzia and the laughable notion of marginal gains.

The worst part is 99% of people are lapping this horseshit up.
Well sure give us a run down of your amassed evidence there horse.

Lol

El Jefe

Heard Kimmage on Matt Cooper yesterday evening, he's going after Wiggins now by the sounds of it

maddog

Quote from: yellowcard on July 24, 2016, 11:50:28 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 24, 2016, 12:44:58 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on July 23, 2016, 10:23:32 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 21, 2016, 05:57:28 PM
I don't think that tweet has the tone you think it has.  I doubt anybody who follows cycling would be surprised at the result today tbh,).  Froome is the best cyclist of this era, wholeheartedly supported by a team with the biggest budget & best support team.

I have been secretly hoping that Quintana has been doing a bit of roping tbh,  he really only needs one big day in the mountains, today's stage further shows he's off form tho. (Or not getting as much EPO into him as last year).

You have a pop at me for questioning Froomes transformation from grupetto rider to multiple grand tour winner and then I check in here to see that you have called out Quintana for using EPO. What curious logic, and no I'm not saying Quintana is clean but he has a hell of a better pedigree than Froome has. At Quintanas age Froome had done nothing of note, and had to rely on a team mate falling ill to make the Vuelta line up. Only for that mutant transformation he would have been facing the prospect of no contract the following year.
Did u ever think why did he get a contract with Sky in the first place?

When I think of Froome I consider 2 seperate versions of the same rider. Pre Aug 2011 and post Aug 2011. You are clearly a big fan of Froome's but name me one transformation that has been as dramatic as Froome's in the history of the sport?

What is an acceptable rate of improvement in cycling ?

mrdeeds