Tour de France 2016

Started by bennydorano, July 02, 2016, 11:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Clov on July 14, 2016, 05:08:31 PM
Total farce. The yellow jersey running up the mountain was a total wtf moment.

This was always going to happen sooner or later though.

Froome and Porte have been given the same finishing time as Mollema.

Seems fair really but completely mental finish to a race. . . Why can't people watch a race respectably without having to be right on top of the riders??

Clov

Quote from: screenexile on July 14, 2016, 05:12:42 PM
Quote from: Clov on July 14, 2016, 05:08:31 PM
Total farce. The yellow jersey running up the mountain was a total wtf moment.

This was always going to happen sooner or later though.

Froome and Porte have been given the same finishing time as Mollema.

Seems fair really but completely mental finish to a race. . . Why can't people watch a race respectably without having to be right on top of the riders??

I would agree in that they clearly were going to come in with Mollema. The problem is it sets a precedent going forward. Too many moto bikes and not enough barriers.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

grounded

Just looking at highlights now. I assume it was spectator encroachment that caused the moto to slow/stop which ultimately caused the crash. As you said it's nearly inevitable with some of the bellends running with or encroaching too closely to the riders.

stringbean

Disappointed with Quintana today, with the time trial tomorrow he really needed to make up time!

Team sky just look too strong for everyone else

Sheedy

Crazy finish to today's stage, they really need to do something about the crowd getting so close to the riders. There was some arseholes on the mountain today especially the guy with the sign who was still trying to get on tv when the chaos of the crash was happening. Wouldn't be a massive fan of froome but it was the right decision in the interests of fair play for him to stay in yellow.
nil satis nisi optimum

The Stallion

Froome and fair play in the same sentence lol. Looking forward to the day the truth comes out.

Clov

Quote from: stringbean on July 14, 2016, 08:41:08 PM
Disappointed with Quintana today, with the time trial tomorrow he really needed to make up time!

Team sky just look too strong for everyone else

Not looking good for Quintana. Losing time going downhill, on the flat and now uphill. I think he'll probably lose more time in the TT today.
The shortened climb at Ventoux probably didn't suit him (think he'll be better on a longer climb) but he looked really sluggish. Think his only hope is that the field ahead start coming back to him.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Clov

Talk of the tt being cancelled today for obvious safety reasons.

Edit: going ahead

JimStynes

Some drama in the tour. Unbelievable stuff the on stage 12 and that TT looked brutal. I still don't understand why the French hate Chris Froome.

screenexile

Quote from: JimStynes on July 16, 2016, 12:25:41 PM
Some drama in the tour. Unbelievable stuff the on stage 12 and that TT looked brutal. I still don't understand why the French hate Chris Froome.

He's British

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on July 16, 2016, 12:31:11 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on July 16, 2016, 12:25:41 PM

He's British(ish)

The Stallion

He has went from a thoroughly mediocre cyclist to one of the greatest ever almost overnight, and expects us to believe it is due to treating his mysterious bilharzia and the laughable notion of marginal gains.

The worst part is 99% of people are lapping this horseshit up.

JimStynes

Quote from: The Stallion on July 16, 2016, 03:14:54 PM
He has went from a thoroughly mediocre cyclist to one of the greatest ever almost overnight, and expects us to believe it is due to treating his mysterious bilharzia and the laughable notion of marginal gains.

Yeah. They're all at it though or at least pushing the boundaries of what is legal. But in terms of his personality he always comes across as a nice fella and doesn't seem arrogant like other pros.

bennydorano

Quote from: The Stallion on July 16, 2016, 03:14:54 PM

Well sure give us a run down of your amassed evidence there horse.

illdecide

Cycled one of the stages there on Friday, the Pro's will be riding it on Sat so can't wait to see it on TV. Was the hardest thing I've ever done but was delighted to have finished it. 160k ride there and tbh it felt like i'd cycled 250 mile here, was unreal but the scenery and satisfaction of completing one of the stages of the Tour de France was amazing.

We also cycled Thursday's time trial so will be watching that but it was our decent whereas they're climbing it.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch