Meath vs Derry, Owenbeg. It's on today at half two. Bring tae & a few ceapairí

Started by thejuice, July 02, 2016, 10:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Meath to put forward a motion next year for GAA matches to the be 35 mins long
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 09, 2016, 04:35:07 PM
Well done Derry but that result surprised me. Maybe not a few Meath lads who seem very down about the whole thing.

The last couple of years have seen numerous 2nd half collapses.
We're not fit enough and we are mentally very brittle.
This all pre-dates the Westmeath game by the way, that just happened to be the most high-profile example.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

thejuice

I think I'll gave it a go. Where do I send my CV?

I'm not as down on our prospects as you are Jinxy, I'd like to think someone can make a team out of us.

Jinxy

thejuice

Please don't post that photo ever again. It used to be funny. It's just hauntingly depressing now.

Jinxy

thejuice

Yeah, MO'D was our solution to our Banty problem. Thats why its so depressing

thejuice

Quote from: thejuice on July 09, 2016, 05:13:09 PM

I've come up with a slogan for my candidacy

Make Meath Great Again7

My first act will be to deport all Dubs out of Navan, Ashbourne, Rathoath, Dunseaghlin and Dunboyne. Its all their fault anyway.

twohands!!!

Quote from: thejuice on July 09, 2016, 05:42:05 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 09, 2016, 05:13:09 PM

I've come up with a slogan for my candidacy

Make Meath Great Again7

My first act will be to deport all Dubs out of Navan, Ashbourne, Rathoath, Dunseaghlin and Dunboyne. Its all their fault anyway.

Be careful - with that slogan and that policy you might end up in the Dail before you know it.

Wildweasel74

Expected Derry to win but poor in the first half like Meath were in the 2nd, truth is the wind was hurricane force and that was the real reason for such 1 sided halfs, NO.11 for Meath the stand out player on the field, a class act

redzone

thejuice

Championship records as manager after Boylan. It speaks for itself.

Colm Coyle           6 wins    1 draw    4 losses  2 years (2007 - 2008)
Eamonn O'Brien   9 wins,   1 draw,   3 losses  2 years (2009 - 2010)
Banty                   5 wins,   1 draw,   4 losses  2 years (2011 - 2012)
Mick O'Dowd        6 wins,                  8 losses  4 years (2013 - 2016)

I wish Coyle had stuck around a bit longer. I know 2008 was a disaster an it must have been frustrating for him but he was a good manager. That said it opened the door for O'Brien who should never have been pushed out and was as the records show our best manager after Sean retired. That said we had a second half collapse in the Leinster final in 2010 but we still won* that game.

Some people think Banty made us a better team but I don't think he did to be honest, and his record makes that clear. 

thejuice