Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 765050 times)

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #13125 on: January 24, 2021, 11:46:16 PM »
Major f@@k up by packers taking the field goal in the 4th when 8 down.

I've tried looking at that from a positive and can't find it. Bad enough in normal games, but with Brady on the ball it was suicide.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
« Reply #13126 on: January 24, 2021, 11:50:42 PM »
Same.

As one of the lads on Sky was saying - if you trust your defence enough to stop Brady in less than 10 yards, then why not run the 4th down play anyway?

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13127 on: January 25, 2021, 12:42:07 AM »
They were right there it was a huge gamble to presume they’d get back down there again a bird in the hand and all that.

Brady was a mixed bag some brilliant throws and then too many interceptions. Serious achievement though and the fact he’s done it somewhere else shows serious balls and massive hunger @ 43 and having done everything there is to do.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13128 on: January 25, 2021, 12:56:27 AM »
Also Rodgers not running to the end zone on the 3rd down was a huge mistake by him!

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #13129 on: January 25, 2021, 01:05:16 AM »
Also Rodgers not running to the end zone on the 3rd down was a huge mistake by him!

He was never making that
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TwoUpTwoDown

• View Profile
« Reply #13130 on: January 25, 2021, 01:18:07 AM »
There was a chance on second down too. I honestly think he bricked it. He wasn't happy in post game interview either.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13131 on: January 25, 2021, 01:41:25 AM »

He was never making that

He would have gotten closer though and it could have pushed them towards going for it on 4th he was making yards definitely.

tyroneman

• View Profile
« Reply #13132 on: January 25, 2021, 10:56:43 AM »

He was never making that

He would have gotten closer though and it could have pushed them towards going for it on 4th he was making yards definitely.

I'd say it was 70-30 in his favour he was making it, but as said...it would have left them a lot closer to the end zone if he didn't.

Packers had thier chances, they got two turnovers in quick susccession and did nothing with them.

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #13133 on: January 25, 2021, 11:09:21 AM »
The current GOAT v the potential GOAT in the final.

Cant see the Bucs getting within a TD of them

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #13134 on: January 25, 2021, 01:04:32 PM »

Same as that but in saying that it would be typical Brady to win it by beating Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes in consecutive games. Two Hall of famers and in all likelihood Mahomes will be right up there with them! The Bucs defense will keep them in it and Brady will keep ticking over so you never know. I think KCs experience from last year will get them over the line.

Wonder what Belicheck and Kraft are thinking at the minute.........

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #13135 on: January 25, 2021, 02:22:20 PM »

Same as that but in saying that it would be typical Brady to win it by beating Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes in consecutive games. Two Hall of famers and in all likelihood Mahomes will be right up there with them! The Bucs defense will keep them in it and Brady will keep ticking over so you never know. I think KCs experience from last year will get them over the line.

I see the Chiefs winning it as well but the Bucs will be in their home stadium. I see it being a close game and I am looking forward to it.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #13136 on: January 26, 2021, 03:31:40 PM »
Major f@@k up by packers taking the field goal in the 4th when 8 down.

I've tried looking at that from a positive and can't find it. Bad enough in normal games, but with Brady on the ball it was suicide.

As it was happening I think I agreed with taking the field goal but in hindsight it was a poor call.  I agree with screen too that Rodgers should have ran the ball on 3rd down. No, I doubt he was going to get the TD but he would have been very close.  The 4th down attempt at a TD would probably have been a certainty at that stage.  Was it a lack of bottle by Rodgers? You know that Mahomes would have went for that...

Not having Jones at that stage of the game really hurt the Packers IMO.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13137 on: January 26, 2021, 03:42:35 PM »

I see the Chiefs winning it as well but the Bucs will be in their home stadium. I see it being a close game and I am looking forward to it.

Will home stadium matter that much? I presume not a whole lot of fans will be allowed in.

Hard to see past the Chiefs they're just too good in all areas.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #13138 on: January 26, 2021, 03:44:16 PM »

Will home stadium matter that much? I presume not a whole lot of fans will be allowed in.

Hard to see past the Chiefs they're just too good in all areas.

22k fans. 7.5k of which are to vaccinated health care workers I believe.