Author Topic: Car Problems!!  (Read 70048 times)

delgany

• View Profile
Re: Car Problems!!
« Reply #660 on: January 05, 2019, 01:33:19 PM »
Get a photo of the pothole asap for your evidence.
There is a form to fill in and that's about it.
RS contested mine because it was in a development otherwise it is straightforward enough

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 05, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »
Anyone any experience of getting money off roads service for damage caused by potholes? Have heard itís a bit of a handlin, is it worth the hassle?

GL, i had the forms filled out and took photos of the pothole etc.  It was the time of the bad snow/frost last year and all the roads were poor.  The only thing is that the car was still in my brother's name. I bought it off him but it wasn't transferred over to me.  It was taxed and MOT's etc.  Anyway, if doing it, I remember you had to fill out a form with all the details, draw a wee picture of where it happened and as I say, take photos and have the tyre receipt.  Maybe something where you go on-line and log a report where it happened and you get a reference no.iirc.

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 06, 2019, 12:33:55 PM »
Brand new car fail 🙈

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 15, 2019, 02:51:44 PM »
Quick question, car is due for MOT in a couple of weeks and the service due light has just came on. I had no plans to service the car before the MOT.  Would the service warning light have any impact at all on the MOT? I'm assuming not.

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 15, 2019, 02:59:14 PM »
Quick question, car is due for MOT in a couple of weeks and the service due light has just came on. I had no plans to service the car before the MOT.  Would the service warning light have any impact at all on the MOT? I'm assuming not.
Same thing happened myself last year or year before and it passed so i'd guess you're safe enough.

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 15, 2019, 03:09:25 PM »

Had the same issue a few years back and it passed. As long as the warning light does not indicate that it would affect the performance of the car.

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 15, 2019, 03:27:40 PM »
Cheers for that.