Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers  (Read 32993 times)

oakleaflad

• View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones - Spoilers
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2019, 10:23:14 AM »
The fire Wight theory is very interesting. Did anyone notice Jon grabbing his heart after Thormund dunted him in the chest? Foreshadowing for Jon's demise?

Possibly or maybe it was a reference to the fact that that was where he was stabbed when he died.

I wonder if the whole idea of the fire Wight might work with the dead dragon that they Greyjoy killed?  Maybe that is why he seems surprised when he is looking into the sun at the end of the trailer as there are 2 dragons coming at him after he had killed one?

In theory it should as the dragon killed north of the wall was brought back so the Lord of light (Bran if this theory is correct) could bring Rayghal back.

Interestingly Tyrion mentioned the dragon seat he designed in season 2 in the last episode...could Bran ride in and feck shit up for Cersei?
Maybe i'm missing something but I always thought Brans power was more associated with the Old gods + Children of Forest as opposed to the Lord of Light.

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2019, 11:32:01 AM »
Maybe all the magic in the GOT world is from the same source but named/viewed differently in different parts of the world. Lord of light eminated from Essos with Old gods etc being a Westeros belief system.

DrinkingHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2019, 05:17:15 AM »
Emilia Clarke was on the Jimmy Kimmel Show and stated Episode 5 (this sunday) - have a big TV and it is incredible. Have to wait till Sunday.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Estimator

• St. Colm's Ballinascreen
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 13, 2019, 03:30:27 AM »
That episode was a bit mental... They are struggling without the source material and are doing a very poor job of finishing out this season. The deaths of some characters are very rushed and haven't been thought out at all. Would have made more sense to kill them in the Battle of Winterfell.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 03:37:52 AM by Estimator »
Ulster League Champions 2009

DrinkingHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 13, 2019, 07:21:21 AM »
Episode 5 is a big WTF.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

stephenite

• Ballina Stephenites
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 13, 2019, 01:21:59 PM »
f**king bullshit

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 13, 2019, 01:27:50 PM »
I liked it. It was tense throughout and although I seen a few things coming there were others I didn't. Think a lot of people are disappointed that their favorite fan theories aren't coming true and just writing it off. Still don't know how it'll all end up either.

stephenite

• Ballina Stephenites
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 13, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »
Iím not wedded to a particular theory - I just think the notion of burning the entire city down is pointless. She could be portrayed as mad enough without all of that. And Cersi gets to die in the arms of her lover/brother by being crushed under the weight of said city is a shite way to end one of the major plot lines and characters.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 13, 2019, 02:14:55 PM »
I really liked it I mean what's the point in going a bit mad?? It was right that she burned down the city!

It was relentless throughout with so much going on. Again I think there were a few things that were rushed and annoying I mean Jaime Lanister shouldn't have been walking about for so long after being stabbed twice but it was an epic and much better than the battle of Winterfell.

Sets it up for a great finale . . . Will Arya be the new Kingslayer taking down 2 Monarchs? Who did Varys' letters go to?

Next week will be interesting but still a lot to clear up in a short space of time. The finale is another hour and 20 minutes.

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 13, 2019, 07:23:18 PM »
Next week won't please the lads in here either.

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 13, 2019, 10:36:54 PM »
Iíve been really disappointed with this series. Far too much focus on the visuals and too little to the storylines. Cleganebowl was straight out of a poor Hollywood movie. The early series were brilliant due to the intricacies of the stories and the plot twists. This series much more predicable.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 13, 2019, 10:51:06 PM »
Next week won't please the lads in here either.

Keep your spoilers out

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 13, 2019, 10:58:27 PM »
Iíve been really disappointed with this series. Far too much focus on the visuals and too little to the storylines. Cleganebowl was straight out of a poor Hollywood movie. The early series were brilliant due to the intricacies of the stories and the plot twists. This series much more predicable.

Go on give us your prediction for next week so . . .

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 13, 2019, 11:03:51 PM »
I liked that episode. Will Ayria kill the mad Queen and her Dragon? The Throne will be Jon's now.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 13, 2019, 11:06:09 PM »
I genuinely donít know whether I loved or hated that episode.
That was never a square ball!!