Down v Longford

Started by Smurfy123, June 19, 2016, 06:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 25, 2016, 04:26:33 PM
Hooray.

Standing on the sacred soil of Pairc Esler typing this a very happy Larry

Tremendous game. More anon  ;D

So you're a very happy Larry? Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Cunny Funt

Well done to Longford they really love the qualifiers. As for Down 4-46 conceded in two championship games shocking stuff from a once great team.

seafoid

Bad championship so far for D1 with Down out and Mayo and Cork bet.

Jinxy

A great victory for Leinster football.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Qwerty28

Maybe a home game in Mullingar to look forward to  >:(   

Delighted for the lads and management, thought they'd Longforded it by conceding very  late equaliser but fair play for them pushing on again in extra time and great to see ex London captain Seamus Hannon get an important goal  ;D

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2016, 05:10:14 PM
A great victory for Leinster football.
Leinster football is official shadow boxer to Dublin and Indiana's thousand year gah reich.

5 Sams

Well done Longford. Best team won. We simply weren't good enough.
The Aristocrat Years

Fuzzman

Met two Longford lads out in Lille and they said they hadn't much hope against Down. I said Down are at an all time low like Armagh and Derry and don't be too surprised should they win. They thought I was mad.

Shamrock Shore

It was a great win. We got tonnes of possession in the first half but had some poor wides. We gifted Down 2 of their goals as well.

Should have won it in nor,al time, cud have lost it as well.

Highly entertaining game with some good cavalier football played by both sides.

Two sour notes. One was the strong smell of slurry wafting over us. The second was an aul Down rip behind me who dissed us constantly "cmon it's only fuggin Longford" to criticising a nice Down man who shook my hand at the end with "whadda fug ya shaking his hand for".

Some bitch

Minus15

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 25, 2016, 08:14:55 PM
It was a great win. We got tonnes of possession in the first half but had some poor wides. We gifted Down 2 of their goals as well.

Two sour notes. One was the strong smell of slurry wafting over us. The second was an aul Down rip behind me who dissed us constantly "cmon it's only fuggin Longford" to criticising a nice Down man who shook my hand at the end with "whadda fug ya shaking his hand for".

Some bitch

One of the worst things about attending Down home games. Always some c*** sitting in the vicinity who knows it all and you would never see them anywhere else. I wonder why these people attend matches when all they do is abuse the players.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: thebuzz on June 25, 2016, 03:36:18 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 25, 2016, 03:35:18 PM
FT Down 3-12 Longford 0-21. Extra time to be played.

Sounds like a great game for the neutral.

It certainly was.

Longford were excellent in the first half and a ten point lead wouldn't have flattered them. Down hit two goals early in the second half and could have had another two. When they went three points up,  you felt they would push on and win, but credit to Longford in coming to back to lead. Late, but obvious free to equalise, and with Longford losing Michael Brady, again Down had the momentum to close out the game. But in reality, they never looked like winning in extra time and Longford deserved their win.
Mickey Quinn is some footballer and he had a great game today. He got excellent support from the other Brady, McEllgot, Masterson, McGivney and Robbie Smyth. I was very impressed with Donal O'Hare, frees were excellent and he was better in open play than I've seen him in the past. Turley, as always, put in some shift, Mallon and Maginn also v good. Longford were very economical with their knockouts, I don't think they lost one in the first half.
Some other general observations. SS is right about the slurry smell. The Longford accent isn't bad for an ROI one. They weren't charging children in today; I went expecting to pay for my wee lad, but they let him in free. I didn't know whether to pay in sterling or euro - I didn't want to delve into my holiday stash so eventually went the sterling. Lastly, Mayo sent a representative from their management team to the game.

laoislad

Some bitch
You're living in South Dublin too long!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Over the Bar

Down are an embarrassment to their province at present.  Along with Armagh, describing both as dung would be an insult to organic fertilizer.

grounded

Some bitch

There is always one arsehole, at least you knew where the smell of shite was coming from!  Best team won and good luck in the qualifiers. 
        P.s. The smell was from the meat factory opposite the ground!

Orior

Quote from: Minus15 on June 25, 2016, 08:56:34 PM

Some bitch

One of the worst things about attending Down home games. Always some c*** sitting in the vicinity who knows it all and you would never see them anywhere else. I wonder why these people attend matches when all they do is abuse the players.

Did he look like be could be a GAA Board poster?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians