Connacht senior football final Galway v Roscommon July 10th

Started by giveballaghback, June 18, 2016, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Mclf on July 18, 2016, 07:27:58 AM
Quote from: cornetto on July 18, 2016, 01:59:01 AM
Thank god no more syphilis or syferus was bullshit for a while,what a day😀

I wouldn't hold my breath, he will soon be back again with his greater than thou arrogance, it says alot about him that he can't answer the questions that are puy to him and instead starts on about a black card for a galway player. For years now everyone knew he talked nothing but crap and hasn't a clue about football, yesterday finally confirmed that.

In general on here, you have posters whose opinion you mightn't necessarily agree with, but can accept it as genuinely held views by someone who has as much gra for the game as you do, but that guy is a clown for all to see.
He ruins any thread he posts on with absolute nonsense and totally one eyed opinions, I'm only sorry I didn't realise there was an ignore user function on here long before the past week.

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 18, 2016, 08:15:59 AM
Quote from: Mclf on July 18, 2016, 07:27:58 AM
Quote from: cornetto on July 18, 2016, 01:59:01 AM
Thank god no more syphilis or syferus was bullshit for a while,what a day😀

I wouldn't hold my breath, he will soon be back again with his greater than thou arrogance, it says alot about him that he can't answer the questions that are puy to him and instead starts on about a black card for a galway player. For years now everyone knew he talked nothing but crap and hasn't a clue about football, yesterday finally confirmed that.

In general on here, you have posters whose opinion you mightn't necessarily agree with, but can accept it as genuinely held views by someone who has as much gra for the game as you do, but that guy is a clown for all to see.
He ruins any thread he posts on with absolute nonsense and totally one eyed opinions
, I'm only sorry I didn't realise there was an ignore user function on here long before the past week.
+1 AFA.

Dec Kyne doing Clonbur proud this year. I was personally of the opinion that he wasn't good enough for county senior ball.
Couldn't be happier to have been proven totally wrong.

An Fhairche Abu

He is playing some serious ball at the minute alright, doing Clonbur more than proud, long may it continue!

Rossfan

That was embarrassing yesterday.
Out fought, out thought and out played in every facet if the game.
The weaknesses showing up in Salthill ( and NY, Carrick and v Sligo) came home to roost.
5 players who played themselves off the team in Salthill started yesterday.
Not the management's finest hour.
We were playing D4 watery handball against a team well drilled, well prepared physically and mentally who played football with pace aggression and some skill.
We'll see in August how good they really are or if it's 2012 all over again.
McStay, McHale,Fergal and the other 20+    put away ye're charts and stats and put out lads who are physically and mentally prepared for Championship football.
Clare next and the prize...... fcukn Kerry :o
Pull the curtains.....
Big picture two aims for 2016 realised of staying in D1 and reaching C F.
By Jaysus we have a long way to go.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 18, 2016, 10:01:11 AM
He is playing some serious ball at the minute alright, doing Clonbur more than proud, long may it continue!
Why is the Béarla Clonbur?

larryin89

Genuinely felt a bit sorry for mcstay when seeing his interview. He was shook boy. They wont be long turning on him either. 

Roscommon are totally unrealistic , their defence will never withstand a top team. Watching young regan turn seanie mac inside out in the league this year was the first evidence i saw of this. The likes of Diarmuid o Connor would cut through them like butter.

Opting to leave d. Murtagh out is beyond belief, liam mchale talking tactics on radio is just ridiculous also. He practically told k walsh we are afraid of our shite of damien comer. A great player but an amateur when it cones to media management.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

OgraAnDun

Quote from: J70 on July 18, 2016, 02:17:46 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 18, 2016, 12:06:46 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 17, 2016, 10:37:13 PM
Disgrace that Rossie are penalised for last weeks game being a draw and having only 6 days to recover from todays defeat. Same happened to Monaghan last week.

I do feel sorry for the Roscommon players as this is not a fair situation on them really, I'd be very unhappy if Galway were in the same position. Roscommon looked a beaten docket today, how can you possibly turn that around in 6 days? Are the Dubs still the only losing provincial finalists to overcome the 6 day turnaround?

Donegal in 2013 beat Laois after six days.

Think there have been a couple of others listed on other threads.

Down v Tipp 2012. Cavan also. Dublin did it in seven days.

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on July 18, 2016, 11:02:08 AM
Genuinely felt a bit sorry for mcstay when seeing his interview. He was shook boy. They wont be long turning on him either. 

Roscommon are totally unrealistic , their defence will never withstand a top team. Watching young regan turn seanie mac inside out in the league this year was the first evidence i saw of this. The likes of Diarmuid o Connor would cut through them like butter.

Opting to leave d. Murtagh out is beyond belief, liam mchale talking tactics on radio is just ridiculous also. He practically told k walsh we are afraid of our shite of damien comer. A great player but an amateur when it cones to media management.

Ivan Lendl said once there are different kinds of losses. Ones that kill you and ones that bring you on. The Ros team are only in their first year with this management. The general standard in Connacht is rising. Mayo may be in decline. Ros could be serious contenders for the next 5 years. If Ros or Galway or Mayo win Sam who cares. Maybe they all can.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: seafoid on July 18, 2016, 10:43:28 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 18, 2016, 10:01:11 AM
Why is the Béarla Clonbur?

I haven't a clue to be honest, used to be called Fairhill many years back in the past.

larryin89

Maybe mayo are in decline but im begining to think we are not. As fans you can only react on the last day out as such , our curve is upward and  also there is this nonsense belief out there that we will just fade away aftet a few retirements soon. I cant be having that at all we have some fantastic footballers coming through to blend with mid 20s lads like aos and cillian , keegan is going nowhere for a while yet, kev keane the same , DOC is one of the best about.  Wishful thinking on your behalf to think we are in decline but sure we will wait and see.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Il Bomber Destro

How long is it since Roscommon bear either Mayo or Galway in Championship?

From the Bunker

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 18, 2016, 11:36:34 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2016, 11:33:31 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 18, 2016, 11:30:25 AM

2001 Mayo

Oooft.
Yep. Beat Galway beforehand only to lose to them in the quarters in...Castlebar
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2016, 12:43:31 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 18, 2016, 11:36:34 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2016, 11:33:31 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 18, 2016, 11:30:25 AM

2001 Mayo

Oooft.
Yep. Beat Galway beforehand only to lose to them in the quarters in...Castlebar

Also the last year Galway won a Championship match in Croker?
MWWSI 2017