Connacht senior football final Galway v Roscommon July 10th

Started by giveballaghback, June 18, 2016, 09:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: galwayman on July 17, 2016, 05:57:51 PM
Maybe after today some posters might give the rubbish about how utterly defensive and overrated this Galway team is.
Some of the attacking football we played in the first half was top class.
It's only one poster really.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Il Bomber Destro

seafoid

Quote from: charlieTully on July 17, 2016, 06:23:43 PM
had a tenner double at the start of the championship on tyrone and Roscommon, cheering on tyrone for nothing. I will never forgive Roscommon, useless cnuts.
That'll teach you for backing Tyrone

From the Bunker

MacHale Road, Castlebar with 10minutes left!
Rossies leaving in large numbers. Safe home!!!

;D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

highorlow

That lad to the right of enda Kenny  as your looking face on is clearly saying "ya Galway fuckin ****"

prenty also looks like a man thinking of death to the tribesmen 
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

seafoid

Quote from: fearbrags on July 17, 2016, 06:51:05 PM
Syferus  quote ''Walsh is not putting them in a position to score and never will he ever unless he's chasing a game and is desperate.""

Well They scored a few today,

All the times this clown ran Kevin Walsh  down

Kevin Walsh was a smart player and is a smart manager  And Fair play to him and I am a  very disappointed Ros supporter  :'(
Sligo people remain very negative about Walsh. Ô Hara did a rant for the ages on TSG. But he is v good tactically. Sligo didn't have the players.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mano

Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2016, 07:54:55 PM
Quote from: fearbrags on July 17, 2016, 06:51:05 PM
Syferus  quote ''Walsh is not putting them in a position to score and never will he ever unless he's chasing a game and is desperate.""

Well They scored a few today,

All the times this clown ran Kevin Walsh  down

Kevin Walsh was a smart player and is a smart manager  And Fair play to him and I am a  very disappointed Ros supporter  :'(
Sligo people remain very negative about Walsh. Ô Hara did a rant for the ages on TSG. But he is v good tactically. Sligo didn't have the players.
Will have to disagree with that one. We had the players in 2010 when we beat Mayo and Galway in a replay. He played an orthodox 3 man full forward line against a strong wind in the first half against Roscommon. He seems to have evolved tactically since then. His lack of tactics cost us a Connacht title in 2010.

summerfootball

Quote from: Syferus on July 15, 2016, 08:23:23 PM
You must have been talking to some very c**k-eyed Ros men. Took some balls to work those final two points after so much mediocrity and it's something most Ros teams would not have done. I fully believe last Sunday will stand to us more than it will Galway.

Weather looking a lot better for this Sunday than last. We'll see full well who has the best forwards on Sunday.

We did, thought Cummins and Comer were the best on the show. Gary Sice had a good innings too.

Cunny Funt

Galway are back with a bang this summer remains to seen if there is All Ireland in that group of players but I do expect Mayo and Galway to share the next 5 or 6 Connacht times.

For Roscommon well unless they somehow improve defensively and find a system like Galway have they will not fullfill their potential. Poor syferus made a fool of himself in the build up to this game like Roscommon he may live and learn.

summerfootball

Quote from: Syferus on July 14, 2016, 10:51:08 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 14, 2016, 10:02:10 PM
The time to judge some of these Roscommon forwards is after the championship, I really don't know how anyone can say Roscommon have one of the best forward lines in the country as hitting some big scores early on in the league doesn't count.

I've seen no evidence this year or in the last few years to suggest Roscommon have a better forward line than Galway; Now a few months down the line I'll certainly give Roscommon more credit should they take off in the next few games.

When the Galway forward line regularly consists of a single player it's fair enough to say we've the better forward line..

Roscommon forwards generally let play their positions with obvious concessions to the modern game.  Galway's simply are not. It's a pity as these players have played against each other in some of the most memorable matches I've ever witnessed. Roscommon at least trying to be positive but Galway have zero intentions of being expansive and will ride the blanket boat until it's evitable sinking. How times how changed when it's Galway of all counties that's afraid to play football.

We'll see if Galway are in a hole at some point on Sunday and have to pour forward if that fear is well founded or not.

Thought Galway played very open football, first half in particular was as goof as I have seen in a long time. Wonder do "the dream team" also think that the Galway forward line consists of one player. Was dissapointed to see Roscommon lose their discipline. Two black cards before a despicable act from Donal Smith.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2016, 06:16:18 PM
So the Ros form in the NY match was closer to reality than the pundits thought.  In their defence at least they won matches this year unlike Meath and Armagh.

I said a few weeks ago it would be a remarkable achievement for Roscommon to win a provincial title after that scare in New York. No side hoping to have make championship progress would have struggled to beat New York and conceded 0-17 against them. With a six day turnaround Clare or Derry should beat Roscommon next weekend.

Question remains how much have Galway improved, did they catch Mayo on the hop and would they be able to beat Tyrone or Mayo out for revenge in All Ireland semi final?

galwayman

Quote from: Chimley on July 17, 2016, 05:27:14 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 17, 2016, 05:26:32 PM
Does this mean Galway has caught up to Mayo''s haul of Connacht titles?

Ye're still 7 short.
We're not actually.its 46-45