The Handpass in Gaelic Football.

Started by ashman, June 14, 2016, 06:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rossfan on June 17, 2016, 11:45:29 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 17, 2016, 10:26:37 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 17, 2016, 10:05:09 AM
Ulsterites  just love throwball ::)

As opposed to the technically superior "hoof it in".
No. Think of Dublin  kicking the oul football ;) and all the better kicking it into forwards moving into space. Also kicking long over the heads if the blankets.
As for hoofin it in - at least you might get a score but you won't score playing pass the parcel over and back in the middle of the field.

Dublin can hand pass with the best of them. They're good whichever way they play it. Some other other counties tho...  :-[

If you think hoofing it in is a better way of achieving a score than retaining position, then we'll leave er there.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

I never saw anyone getting a score  retaining possession - except Joe Sheridan of course ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

He would have kicked it sooner if he hadn't been fouled.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on June 17, 2016, 01:22:44 PM
He would have kicked it sooner if he hadn't been fouled.

He was held up diving for the line. Then while at the bottom of the ruck, under the posts, he inexplicably tried for the drop-goal and made a Sludden out of it.
MWWSI 2017

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rossfan on June 17, 2016, 01:02:56 PM
I never saw anyone getting a score  retaining possession - except Joe Sheridan of course ;D

Of course. Hoofing it over the bar is the only aspect of the game we should focus on. We should shorten the pitches and just let the keepers have a long range kicking contest. Unfortunately Dublin would still be at the front. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

theskull1

Quote from: Rossfan on June 17, 2016, 10:05:09 AM
Ulsterites  just love throwball ::)

A prod workmate of mine back in the 90's called it catchykickyball. It's probably handypalmdyball now.  ;D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera