Muineacháin v Dún na nGall - déja vu all over again 26/6

Started by babarino, June 12, 2016, 04:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

With a man down and 2 or 3 up it looked Monaghan's to lose but that goal swung it back in Donegals favour.

Quite a lot of cynical play as expected between these two but sadly that's what comes with these big games between teams at similar levels. Small margins can win games whereas it's easy for the neutral to say that's disgraceful.

Does that mean da udder Magee is back for the final now should they win?

omagh_gael

Keeper made a tit of himself, he got a shove in upper chest and after he bumped into his own player his threw the head back like he was hit by a sniper.

Very enjoyable game. The quality of the football hasn't been great but the Ulster championship is definitely the best value for money in terms of competitiveness. Replay next week, I'm presuming Saturday evening again?

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2016, 08:55:15 PM
Who won the minor game?
Donegal  won it  3-15  to 2-12.

J70

Free taking aside, I thought Murphy had a much better game today. Whereas Lacey didn't get into it as much, and clearly is a wee bit short of pace. That game will do them good though.
Gillespie didn't look out of place at all for a lad making his championship debut - very strong looking lad, and even threw in an off-the-ball block to free up MacNiallais for the goal chance! :P Will be disappointed with missing his own great chance though, although he might have claims for a possible foot block.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on June 25, 2016, 09:00:47 PM
Who won the minor game?

Good win for our boys. Derry in final. Is that really good player they had last year (Glass, I think) still on the team?

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2016, 09:17:20 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 25, 2016, 09:00:47 PM
Who won the minor game?

Good win for our boys. Derry in final. Is that really good player they had last year (Glass, I think) still on the team?

No.

skeog

doctors are now the big thing waving fingers in front of players eyes god be with the days when you would have been afraid to go down or you would be taking off for being soft

dublin7

Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2016, 08:47:01 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 25, 2016, 08:35:30 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 25, 2016, 08:34:34 PM
No doubt there will be post after post about the level of cynicism in this game.

Disgusting from the keeper there.

How do you know?

The Monaghan player pushed the ball into his face. You never got a clip on the end of the nose?

Need to take of those donegal tinted glasses. Goalkeeper was a disgrace taking a dive like that and deserved a proper slap for acting the pri*ck.  Typical ulster championship game. Close game but constant off the ball fouling and cheap/cynical shots that ref can't see. Shows what a joke linesmen & especially umpires are. Didn't give the ref any help.

Leinster football might be a joke with the dubs dominance but at least the teams try and play football and none of the basketball tactics and cynical rubbish that was tonight on view.

On a side point watching James Horan on the tv the last few weeks its clear he hasn't a clue.  No wonder Mayo couldn't get over the line with him in charge.  Clearly well able to get the team fit and athletic but hasn't a clue about tactics   

skeog

dublin 7 its not long since muzzles would be needed for some of your jackeens so less of your lectures

Main Street

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 25, 2016, 08:59:34 PM
Keeper made a tit of himself, he got a shove in upper chest and after he bumped into his own player his threw the head back like he was hit by a sniper.

Very enjoyable game. The quality of the football hasn't been great but the Ulster championship is definitely the best value for money in terms of competitiveness. Replay next week, I'm presuming Saturday evening again?
The missed chances took away from the quality of the competitiveness, somewhat.
The goalie might have made a tit of himself but at least the ref added on the minutes.

The Bearded One

If the reports that the replay is next week are accurate then the decision to play Tyrone v Cavan replay 2 weeks after first game is now even more ridiculous! Where is the logic when they could have played it tomorrow, allowing a week recovery, with the same option for Monaghan/Donegal in the event of a draw.
It is what it is. Presumably.

J70

Quote from: dublin7 on June 25, 2016, 09:33:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2016, 08:47:01 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 25, 2016, 08:35:30 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 25, 2016, 08:34:34 PM
No doubt there will be post after post about the level of cynicism in this game.

Disgusting from the keeper there.

How do you know?

The Monaghan player pushed the ball into his face. You never got a clip on the end of the nose?

Need to take of those donegal tinted glasses. Goalkeeper was a disgrace taking a dive like that and deserved a proper slap for acting the pri*ck.  Typical ulster championship game. Close game but constant off the ball fouling and cheap/cynical shots that ref can't see. Shows what a joke linesmen & especially umpires are. Didn't give the ref any help.

I didn't come down either way on the keeper. He could have been faking, but how do you (or the commentators) know either way? We're not talking something clearcut like Tiernan McCann here.

It looked to me like the Monaghan player slapped the ball and pushed it into his face. You get that on the end of the nose and you're seeing stars for a minute.

But, I'll take a look again to see what I'm apparently missing.

ck

Typical Ulster football. Cynical as cynical can be.

The Donegal lot are shameful. They were at the same stuff against Fermanagh.
Tonight you had a Maor Foirne who was interfering with play and getting away with it. You had a doctor who was on every 5mins waving his fingers at players who were clearly faking injury. Their goalie is an embarrassment and should get a suspension for what he did tonight. What an example to young players. This is Gaelic football, not premier league. Donegal you really need to take a look at yourselves.

skeog

is that the doctor who was left on his posterior by an armagh player two years ago

Jinxy

Just saw the keeper's dive.
Hope he's humiliated on the Sunday Game tomorrow night.
If you were any use you'd be playing.