Orlando Mass Shooting

Started by omagh_gael, June 12, 2016, 03:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

ISIS inspired, NRA enabled.

heganboy

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 12, 2016, 09:29:29 PM
He was a security guard so I'm sure it was easy enough for him to get the guns legally.
A few more of these mass shootings before November and you could be seeing Trump as President.
How does that link work?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

GJL

Guns used were bought by him legally last week even though he had been investigated by the FBI as a possible problem.

snoopdog

Quote from: GJL on June 13, 2016, 09:02:11 AM
Guns used were bought by him legally last week even though he had been investigated by the FBI as a possible problem.
And there lies the problem of gun law in America. 50 lives that could've been saved.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: heganboy on June 13, 2016, 02:28:08 AM
He was a security guard so I'm sure it was easy enough for him to get the guns legally.
A few more of these mass shootings before November and you could be seeing Trump as President.
How does that link work?

Its my opinion, if there was to be another terrorist linked attack like this one closer to the election the American independent electorate could swing right which in swing states such as Florida could get Trump over the line. As it is now, Trump and Clinton are pretty close in the polls in Florida the biggest of all swing states, it was Florida that got GWB over the line in 2000.

Applesisapples

Quote from: snoopdog on June 13, 2016, 09:23:52 AM
Quote from: GJL on June 13, 2016, 09:02:11 AM
And there lies the problem of gun law in America. 50 lives that could've been saved.
Americans don't see it like that, and Trump is touching a chord with them. As a people(s) they are worryingly stupid at times.

Fuzzman

Did any of ye see your man storm out of the Sky News studio last night as he felt the host wasn't admitting it was an attack on LGBT people?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/owen-jones-walks-off-sky-news-after-presenters-deflect-homophobia-behind-orlando-shooting-a7078891.html

Was interesting that the terrorist's dad said he had a hatred for gays.

stew

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 13, 2016, 11:16:34 AM
Did any of ye see your man storm out of the Sky News studio last night as he felt the host wasn't admitting it was an attack on LGBT people?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/owen-jones-walks-off-sky-news-after-presenters-deflect-homophobia-behind-orlando-shooting-a7078891.htm that the terrorist's dad said he had a hatred for gays.

I hope that rotten bastard rots in hell, thoughts and prayers for the victims and their family's, awful stuff indeed.

Trump us running for the biggest job in the world, it is politics people and like it or not he is saying what the pepole want to hear, or thinks he is saying what they want to hear.

Radical Islamic terrorism is at the heart of this atrocity year Obama cannot even bring himself to say it, neither can Clinton, both are unfit to govern!i
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 13, 2016, 10:34:07 AM
How does that link work?

Its my opinion, if there was to be another terrorist linked attack like this one closer to the election the American independent electorate could swing right which in swing states such as Florida could get Trump over the line. As it is now, Trump and Clinton are pretty close in the polls in Florida the biggest of all swing states, it was Florida that got GWB over the line in 2000.
it was James Baker who worked it for Bush

FL/MAYO

Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2016, 11:44:41 AM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 13, 2016, 10:34:07 AM
How does that link work?

it was James Baker who worked it for Bush

With help from Jeb who was Florida governor at the time.

easytiger95

Quote from: stew on June 13, 2016, 11:42:54 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 13, 2016, 11:16:34 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/owen-jones-walks-off-sky-news-after-presenters-deflect-homophobia-behind-orlando-shooting-a7078891.htm that the terrorist's dad said he had a hatred for gays.

I hope that rotten b**tard rots in hell, thoughts and prayers for the victims and their family's, awful stuff indeed.

Trump us running for the biggest job in the world, it is politics people and like it or not he is saying what the pepole want to hear, or thinks he is saying what they want to hear.

Radical Islamic terrorism is at the heart of this atrocity year Obama cannot even bring himself to say it, neither can Clinton, both are unfit to govern!i

And yet when Obama used the Charleston massacre to advocate for gun control, he was accused of "politicizing" the tragedy by the right.

The Iceman

Awful tragedy. Can't imagine the suffering and fear at the time as this monster took his time and killed and maimed and injured so many people.  RIP...

I think it's a real shame how it's being leveraged by the media, the politicians - these are people's lives - they have families, friends, loved ones...

This guy was a known ISIS sympathizer.  His dad was a bit of a nut job from what it seems so was he.  He was interviewed by the FBI 3 times in the last couple of years yet he legally obtained an assault rifle and hand gun a week ago and a red flag was not raised.  This was a terrorist attack.  These terrorists hate a lot of people. Homosexuals are up near the top of that list.  Christians are at the top of that list. Non-Muslims are on that list.  We're basically all on it. All targets. 

So here is the dilemma as a Dad and a husband. Do I hand in my guns and try to be part of the solution or hold on to them and protect my family if I'm ever called to...?

Hard question to answer in light of what happened...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

screenexile

Quote from: The Iceman on June 13, 2016, 03:56:23 PM
Awful tragedy. Can't imagine the suffering and fear at the time as this monster took his time and killed and maimed and injured so many people.  RIP...

I think it's a real shame how it's being leveraged by the media, the politicians - these are people's lives - they have families, friends, loved ones...

This guy was a known ISIS sympathizer.  His dad was a bit of a nut job from what it seems so was he.  He was interviewed by the FBI 3 times in the last couple of years yet he legally obtained an assault rifle and hand gun a week ago and a red flag was not raised.  This was a terrorist attack.  These terrorists hate a lot of people. Homosexuals are up near the top of that list.  Christians are at the top of that list. Non-Muslims are on that list.  We're basically all on it. All targets. 

So here is the dilemma as a Dad and a husband. Do I hand in my guns and try to be part of the solution or hold on to them and protect my family if I'm ever called to...?

Obama addressed this almost 2 weeks ago and his answer was spot on... eerily scary actually could the shooter have been talked about in that particular meeting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6imFvSua3Kg

muppet

It is certainly terrorism, but it is also another mass-shooting. Brought to you by ISIS in association with the NRA. Special appearances by  bigotry, ignorance and intolerance.
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Quote from: screenexile on June 13, 2016, 04:25:15 PM

Obama addressed this almost 2 weeks ago and his answer was spot on... eerily scary actually could the shooter have been talked about in that particular meeting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6imFvSua3Kg
I agree with everything he had to say about it - solid response.  The NRA definitely are a road block in all of this to improvements, protections and saving lives.  Guns are big business...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight