Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

In my experience,  if a club has an issue it's discussed at an executive meeting and the delegate is mandated to raise it at the next county board meeting. Standard enough practice.

smelmoth

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 06, 2016, 10:49:06 AM

In my experience,  if a club has an issue it's discussed at an executive meeting and the delegate is mandated to raise it at the next county board meeting. Standard enough practice.

All very reassuring. It assumes there are no cliques and all the problems that goes with them i.e. is the club delegate mandated by the club members or by clique within the club? Do club members just say "whatever" because they are used to nothing changing? Are county boards cliques or surrounded by cliques? Are they operated in a way that makes it possible for a club delegate to instigate change?

Put it this way. If a majority of fans wanted significant change can we just assume that that will work its way up through the system and the change will be delivered?

DuffleKing

You do realise that this has been the democratic structure through which the GAA has handled it's business and enabled the ordinary club member to have a voice for generations?

They might change it for you though if you rock up to the next county board meeting...

smelmoth

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 06, 2016, 05:02:02 PM

You do realise that this has been the democratic structure through which the GAA has handled it's business and enabled the ordinary club member to have a voice for generations?

They might change it for you though if you rock up to the next county board meeting...

You do realise that my point is not "how does it work" but "is it working?"

DuffleKing

Works for everyone else but couldn't be sure how it works for people with no club.

smelmoth

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 06, 2016, 05:34:00 PM

Works for everyone else but couldn't be sure how it works for people with no club.

So it works and its democratic. Excellent. Cannot think that Geezer has the support of any more that 20% of the fans/members/attenders. He must be out on his ear then?

DuffleKing

Jeez, wouldn't have a clue. I sure you can take the temperature in your own club.

smelmoth

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 06, 2016, 10:09:05 PM

Jeez, wouldn't have a clue. I sure you can take the temperature in your own club.

Not sure where you are going with this but you seem to have faith in this well oiled democratic machine. No doubt you will tell m that POR got the job because the fans were crying out forit?

DuffleKing

Nope, you asked about the process, I explained it to you. Not sure what else you need.

smelmoth

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 06, 2016, 10:22:04 PM

Nope, you asked about the process, I explained it to you. Not sure what else you need.

I knew what the process is and I now know that you have no faith in it. Not many seem to have faith in it

DuffleKing

Applesisapples

I know that other county boards can and do agitate against the county manager. My experience of the ACB, limited though it is, has been a quiet acceptance of the status quo in relation to the county manager, leaving this to the county executive. In my view this is a more sensible and reasonable approach, otherwise you get what Down got over Jim McCorry.

under the bar

Big rumours coming out of the Orchard that another appeal is on the way....  :o :o

T Fearon

Laois eliminated today by Clare yet they beat us twice😢😢😢

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Clare are useful and are a division above both Laois and Armagh next year. No surprise.