Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 21, 2016, 09:34:58 PM
replay of the same game if the first is null and void would be at the original venue

But the rule book doesn't say the first game is null and void. It clearly calls it a replay not a refixture or any other description. Suspensions served during the game are still deemed served. Had it been a semi final or final, the replay (unlike the first game) would go to extra time.

It's a typical fudge decision. If a replay is a correct decision then it should be in the Athletic Grounds as a proper replay likely would have been.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

macdanger2

Quote from: T Fearon on June 21, 2016, 09:20:57 PM
So Laois punishment for a clear breach of the rules is to be awarded a replay at home? Ridiculous decision.Should have been played in Navan

Was the Hyde not available?? Or Limerick?

rrhf

If Armagh get their replay it puts the 95 all Ireland win by Dublin in doubt to some tune.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 21, 2016, 03:04:57 PM
It's been one strange few weeks.
Antrim hurlers pondering if they really want to get a replay to win a cup and play with the big boys next year. It seemed unreal reading that they had this
"Ah keep it lads" attitude.

Now here we have Armagh who beat Tyrone 3 years ago and should have beaten Donegal not too long ago, saying ahh feck it we don't really want to stay in the All Ireland any more. Go ahead Laois. You and our good friend Billy Sheehan can progress.
Cavan for Sam I reckon. They will score 5 goals v the Dubs

I heard Sheehan was involved with the Cork senior male footballers doing some coaching so I think he's a Corkman for the moment.

Was talking to someone earlier and they were recalling one of the club final that Crossmaglen won where John McEntee stayed on the pitch despite getting 2 yellow cards - the game was a replay and the replay took place in Portlaoise as well.

What happens McGeeney if Laois win again?

T Fearon

He'll take it on the chin...again! 😂

T Fearon

By that reckoning,ie reward for errors,I'm owed a free weekend in the Citywest Hotel👍

The Boy Wonder

GAA Statement
Following an enquiry form the CCCC arising from the Round 1A Football Qualifier between Laois v Armagh on Saturday June 18, it has been confirmed that one extra substitute was used by Laois in error.

CCCC have proposed in accordance with rule, that this game should be replayed on Saturday July 2 at 3.0 in Portlaoise.

Laois have accepted this proposal.

So the CCCC "proposed" that the game should be replayed and Laois County Board accepted (foolishly in my opinion).
Some years ago Laois offered Carlow a replay when an obvious wide was flagged as a point - the honourable thing to do (Laois won the replay).

The honourable thing for Armagh to do if they were unhappy with last Saturday was to come out and appeal and not hide behind the skirts of the CCCC.

Wildweasel74

Make sure you book the right weekend this Time Tony!!!!

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on June 21, 2016, 10:13:39 PM
No,the referee judged the goal to be legitimate and is the ultimate arbiter.But over using substitutes is a clear breach of the rules.
The Maor taoibhlíne and an Rèiteoir deemed Laois' last sub to be legitimate at the time :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

south Laois

T Fearon, three could of happened. A fine for Laois, award the match to Armagh or as has happened a replay is ordered. As this was on the lower end of the scale ie. it was the last minute of the game and had no bearing on the game, I think a fine would have been sufficient. Armagh are lucky to be getting a replay.

David McKeown

Quote from: south Laois on June 21, 2016, 11:24:06 PM
T Fearon, three could of happened. A fine for Laois, award the match to Armagh or as has happened a replay is ordered. As this was on the lower end of the scale ie. it was the last minute of the game and had no bearing on the game, I think a fine would have been sufficient. Armagh are lucky to be getting a replay.

How do we know it had no bearing on the game?  Who knows how players would have reacted a spare man would have been created, a defender may have moved to cover for the missing player and a goal opportunity may have arisen. It's impossible to tell. It was a one score game after all so it's impossible to say it had no impact on the game. .

A replay is a fair result but it should be a proper replay. It should be back in the athletic grounds.

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Gael85

Will John O'Loughlin be suspended for this game?

BennyCake

I blame the education system in Queen's County, and their shortage of abacus's (or is it abaci?).

From the Bunker

Will it be free into the game?

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 21, 2016, 11:48:49 PM
Will it be free into the game?
Seeing as only about 600 paid in last week it's highly unlikely.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM