Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

I agree that the result should stand and that the 7th sub had no bearing on the result whatsoever(what was it the 70th min FFS)...having to watch that and go through that pain again is just too much. Clare v Laois and lets leave it at that. Although in saying all that a replay would be some craic and Laois to beat Armagh again and Joe Brolly would be rolling the floor laughing his (small testicles off) balls off.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mackers

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on June 21, 2016, 07:57:44 AM
Quote from: stew on June 20, 2016, 06:50:07 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on June 20, 2016, 05:35:20 PM
Armagh to be reinstated. Put all the money you have on Clare to beat them.

Thanks captain obvious for your sage wisdom, Tony hooked ya ked. )

We are out, let Laois move on as they beat us, that last Sun made no difference.

What Stew?

Armagh are the experts of technicalities. Sure didnt Masden get off with assault due to the misspelling of his name.
I don't have the will for either a replay or the melee you're trying to start with that comment. As Benny said earlier let's put this horrific season to bed.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

lurganblue

sure have the armagh lads not already booked their holidays or went to play ball in America?

haveaharp

Word is that a replay is the recommended avenue. Armagh should take it and be glad of the chance.

Rossfan

If this is replayed and the feck up made by the Ulster Council's replay date the A section if the Qualifiers will fairly disrupt the whole fixtures schedule.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Play it in Newbridge. A venue worthy of the replay.
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

Quote from: lurganblue on June 21, 2016, 10:29:30 AM
sure have the armagh lads not already booked their holidays or went to play ball in America?

They won't be tuned in to another game, whereas of course Laois would be expecting a game anyway. Hard to see a different result.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Sure Jamie went ages ago :P

Unlaoised

Can't see it being replayed ...Fine for Laois...slap on the wrist for the Officals ...Who were a disaster all day regarding subs...Laois  claimed one the earlier subs was a blood sub and asked could they replace the Black card which happened in the 71st minute and forth offical said it was okay.....

LAOIS ABÚ

illdecide

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 21, 2016, 11:59:34 AM
Can't see it being replayed ...Fine for Laois...slap on the wrist for the Officals ...Who were a disaster all day regarding subs...Laois  claimed one the earlier subs was a blood sub and asked could they replace the Black card which happened in the 71st minute and forth offical said it was okay.....

Sure that's it sorted then...C u all next Feb in Div 3

Dinny Breen

Ha!

A replay it is.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0621/797102-orchard-men-to-get-second-bite-of-cherry/

Ridiculous decision. Fine if it's at club level where a referee is on his own but at inter-county level, this is all the officials fault.
#newbridgeornowhere

five points

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 21, 2016, 12:36:32 PM

Ha!

A replay it is.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0621/797102-orchard-men-to-get-second-bite-of-cherry/

Ridiculous decision. Fine if it's at club level where a referee is on his own but at inter-county level, this is all the officials fault.

I thought so too til I read this in the RTE report:

QuoteShane Murphy replaced the black-carded Brendan Quigley in injury-time before Mick Lillis' men scored their final point.

If Laois scored the winner while having an illegal sub on the field, its arguable that they directly profited from their error.  Only option so is to replay the game.

illdecide

Very harsh on Laois TBH...but what can u do. I'd imagine Laois will be well fired up for the replay but I don't believe it was Armagh's fault (so go easy on us). Get your house on Laois and make a few quid...

lurganblue

QuoteBoth counties are thought to be preparing a response to the ruling. Laois could yet seek to challenge the decision or Armagh could turn down the proposal

Turn it down fs

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on June 21, 2016, 11:25:28 AM

They won't be tuned in to another game, whereas of course Laois would be expecting a game anyway. Hard to see a different result.

But if the players have any pride in the jersy then they should give it a damned good try
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians