Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 20, 2016, 07:05:26 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on June 20, 2016, 06:55:09 PM
Quote from: stew on June 20, 2016, 06:50:07 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on June 20, 2016, 05:35:20 PM
Armagh to be reinstated. Put all the money you have on Clare to beat them.

Thanks captain obvious for your sage wisdom, Tony hooked ya ked. )

We are out, let Laois move on as they beat us, that last Sun made no difference.

They already set a precedent when they let Offaly away with it against Kildare 10 years ago.
I agree to a point. The problem the GAA have is if by letting it go they set a precedent.

The rules may have been revisited with the introduction of the black card.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Throw ball on June 20, 2016, 07:09:05 PM

We are out, let Laois move on as they beat us, that last Sun made no difference.

They already set a precedent when they let Offaly away with it against Kildare 10 years ago.
I agree to a point. The problem the GAA have is if by letting it go they set a precedent.

Precedent!  Happened to Kildare twice against Sligo where we played 6 subs, Kildare won both. They lost points the first time, 2nd time the game was replayed. Cork in 2002 beat Tipp in the Munster Hurling final replay, played too many subs, Tipp appealed, Frank argued result stood.
#newbridgeornowhere

Itchy

Should be replayed so Armagh can be bet twice.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 20, 2016, 07:40:35 PM

Precedent!  Happened to Kildare twice against Sligo where we played 6 subs, Kildare won both. They lost points the first time, 2nd time the game was replayed. Cork in 2002 beat Tipp in the Munster Hurling final replay, played too many subs, Tipp appealed, Frank argued result stood.

The second time was a dispute over the teamsheet rather than using six subs.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/kildare-may-lose-points-from-sligo-game-1.349706
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

tippabu

Was this not the football final youre thinking of? We drew with Cork in thurles and they beat us badly in puc in the replay. They used too many subs but i dont think we ever appealed due the the win being a large one

Dinny Breen

Quote from: tippabu on June 20, 2016, 08:10:32 PM

Was this not the football final youre thinking of? We drew with Cork in thurles and they beat us badly in puc in the replay. They used too many subs but i dont think we ever appealed due the the win being a large one

Sorry yea the football final, happened with Na Fianna and Sarsfields as well, Sarsfields agreed to a replay after Na Fianna ironically with McGeeney played messed up.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 20, 2016, 08:07:02 PM

The second time was a dispute over the teamsheet rather than using six subs.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/kildare-may-lose-points-from-sligo-game-1.349706

Yes correct - knew there was another reason why I don't like Sligo, whingers  :P
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Pardon my puzzlement but did Laois use 7 subs or what?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Throw ball

Quote from: Rossfan on June 20, 2016, 09:04:23 PM
Pardon my puzzlement but did Laois use 7 subs or what?

Seemingly they did. There is also a suggestion that they played with 16 for a short period when a sub came on without being replaced. Considering the fiasco over one of the Armagh substitutions never mind Laois getting punished it seems a few officials need an extra bit of training! ;D

rrhf

Inexcusable stuff. Laois should be kicked out.

armaghniac

Quote from: rrhf on June 20, 2016, 10:37:57 PM
Inexcusable stuff. Laois should be kicked out.

Kicking out would be too good for them, their best players should be made play for Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

I agree, Laois deserve to be put out. If the GAA let them through it will set a very dangerous precedent.

The Boy Wonder

Replay has been fixed for Nowlan Park and behind closed doors. The result will not be broadcast and Clare will get a bye in qualifiers.

rrhf

Would mc Geeney not bring a book out, it's been an absolute roller coaster of emotion..

twohands!!!

Anyone know how this came to light?