Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: heganboy on June 18, 2016, 05:13:01 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 18, 2016, 05:09:25 PM
Mat-chew? Can't Canning not say Matthew?
Mat-chew is the as Gaeilge pronunciation

But he spelt it in English. And Ciaran is Irish for Kieran but he called McKeever 'Kieran'.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

McGeeney will have to go now. I feel sorry for both sets of players having to play in an atmosphere as flat as that in a championship game. Can't see any children going to that aspiring to be an inter county footballer when they grow up.

twohands!!!

Quote from: BennyCake on June 18, 2016, 05:15:26 PM
Quote from: heganboy on June 18, 2016, 05:13:01 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 18, 2016, 05:09:25 PM
Mat-chew? Can't Canning not say Matthew?
Mat-chew is the as Gaeilge pronunciation

But he spelt it in English. And Ciaran is Irish for Kieran but he called McKeever 'Kieran'.

Ger called him McGeeney at one stage

In fairness I'd let a lot slide for anyone forced to sit beside Tommy Carr while commentating.

skeog

banty on rte now doing cv for job

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

not a thousand people at the game, as small an attendance as at the laois antrim qualifier in 2015.
fans of both sides are realistic, and in fairness there has been little between the two sides for a number of years.
without Clarke, Armagh really don't pose a goal threat, and that was a factor. laois should have won by more, the win may bring us on a little and if we happened to draw the likes of Sligo I would fancy another win, cavan(if they lose to tyrone) would be the one we would like to avoid. Cunningham has at least brought some defensive edge to laois, there was none in the league campaign.

one question for Armagh supporters. in laois most honest football fans consider Justin mcnulty to have been our best manager in the past 12 years, even the players rated him on a completely different level to the likes of liam kearns and even micko. why has he not been in the running for the Armagh job?. I have no doubt, leaving aside political allegiances, that he will be an excellent assembly member for the area. perhaps, he is biding his time, and waiting for a better crop of young players to harvest at a later date?.

Syferus

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on June 18, 2016, 06:44:03 PM
not a thousand people at the game, as small an attendance as at the laois antrim qualifier in 2015.
fans of both sides are realistic, and in fairness there has been little between the two sides for a number of years.
without Clarke, Armagh really don't pose a goal threat, and that was a factor. laois should have won by more, the win may bring us on a little and if we happened to draw the likes of Sligo I would fancy another win, cavan(if they lose to tyrone) would be the one we would like to avoid. Cunningham has at least brought some defensive edge to laois, there was none in the league campaign.

one question for Armagh supporters. in laois most honest football fans consider Justin mcnulty to have been our best manager in the past 12 years, even the players rated him on a completely different level to the likes of liam kearns and even micko. why has he not been in the running for the Armagh job?. I have no doubt, leaving aside political allegiances, that he will be an excellent assembly member for the area. perhaps, he is biding his time, and waiting for a better crop of young players to harvest at a later date?.

Liam Kearns showing he's on a completely different level to McNulty but not in the order you're suggesting.

rrhf

Tough day for Armagh and Mc Geeney. Tyrone were there 3 years ago.

Wildweasel74

What happened Emlyn Bratton? i remember playing against him a few times years back when he played for Doire Colmcille! Attendance at the Derry game was woeful too, paying in £16 (e20) be a big reason for it, a total rip off

naka

Rip emlyn bratton which puts things into perspective.
I remember the minor final of 92 was gut wrenching

Turning to the match
Was ambivalent and didn't go which a lot of guys will know is a shock for me
I watch a fair bit of senior football in Armagh and down and both are poor
Thought We lost our shape and Laois should have pulled away
But we are in a dark place at Armagh and it isn't just mcgeeney
Will think long and hard about writing a cheque next year

whitegoodman

Quote from: BennyCake on June 18, 2016, 05:13:22 PM
Come back Paddy O'Rourke. All is forgiven.

Jesus if had said that 3 years ago ya would have got some look

T Fearon

The tremendous Armagh support,at least three times the size of Laois' today deserve much better.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on June 18, 2016, 08:48:29 PM
The tremendous Armagh support,at least three times the size of Laois' today deserve much better.

Ask Geezer for an explanation, you being a season ticket holder and all.

T Fearon

Explain how less than 2 years ago we drew with Monaghan,beat Tyrone and narrowly lost to Donegal by a point in an All Ireland Qtr Final.

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on June 18, 2016, 09:05:17 PM
Explain how less than 2 years ago we drew with Monaghan,beat Tyrone and narrowly lost to Donegal by a point in an All Ireland Qtr Final.

Paul grimley

Itchy

Armagh should stick with McGeeney, tactical genius. All joking aside he becomes more like Steve Staunton every game. Good player but...