Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Feck it's going to be worse than i thought....2000 people for a Championship match (if we're lucky). On the football side of things how could anyone predict the result of this game.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Boy Wonder

Armagh have met Laois twice in AI Qualifiers and won both. Kieran McGeeney always had the upper hand over Laois in the championship when he was with Kildare. On the other hand Laois have a decent enough record against Armagh in O'Moore Park. Could be a good game.

lemallon

Seeing as cork and tipp couldn't get 3000 to a Munster semi final 2000 people, with the competing tv attraction would be a respectable attendance.

yellowcard

It's like tossing a coin trying to predict the outcome of this match, I imagine the supporters of both counties will be watching in hope more than expectation.

T Fearon

3/1 Laois win by 1-3 points is attractive.

Mc Geeney needs to be more like Michael O'Neill and less like Michelle O'Neill today.Innovative thinking and radical tactics need to be deployed.

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on June 18, 2016, 09:06:02 AM

Mc Geeney needs to be more like Michael O'Neill and less like Michelle O'Neill today.Innovative thinking and radical tactics need to be deployed.

You mean hire a helicopter and drop bales of hay the ball into the full forward line?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on June 18, 2016, 09:06:02 AM

Jesus you do spew some serious conya so you do!

Rossfan

Looks like around 400 people there :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Beffs

Innovative thinking and radical tactics? From McGeeney? LOL....

Beffs

Shocking attendance, but they've only themselves to blame with the scheduling.

BennyCake

Disappointed there was no minute silence for former 1992 Armagh minor Emlyn Bratton.

Dinny Breen

Switches on for 10mins, hears Tommy "Tom" Carr, switches off promptly. Why RTE? Why?
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

Armagh a bit distracted with the injured man and the point that wasn't, and let in the soft goal. Otherwise Laois shooting awful and Armagh only slightly better.

On the plus side, I had no trouble getting parked.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

You can actually hear conversation in the crowd, dismal attendance. Not a bad game though, Armagh are at least trying to kick direct ball although a lot of the quality of ball inside is poor. Overhit passes into the keepers arms is a problem, this game could go either way but Armagh just need to be more clinical with their chances and I think they can edge it.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 18, 2016, 03:53:27 PM
Switches on for 10mins, hears Tommy "Tom" Carr, switches off promptly. Why RTE? Why?
Tommy offers a unique perspective on the game.