Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2016, 08:45:31 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 07, 2016, 07:21:25 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on June 07, 2016, 07:15:50 PM
Surely the time is set to suit the TV channel schedule not the other way round?

It is of course for the TV Schedule. A Cramped Schedule at that. With the Rep. of Irelands game  v Belguim and Galway v Mayo at 7pm.
Surely 4pm would have been a better throw in time.
The Irish game will still have 15mins left at half 3.

Reason for it not at 4pm is if there is extra time needed to decide the fixture, it would eat into Skys coverage of Mayo and Galway.

This reminds me of the Donegal Derry Fixture in 1990!

armaghniac

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 07, 2016, 11:33:29 PM
Reason for it not at 4pm is if there is extra time needed to decide the fixture, it would eat into Skys coverage of Mayo and Galway.

That's bollix. Coverage would still be over at 6:30.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Jasus next Sat is gonna be mad, if we travel down we'll miss the Ireland game and if we leave extra early for it and try and watch game down there we'll still miss the 2nd half. Armagh and the GAA comes first for me but i'd still like to see Ireland play too. Fecking change it to Sunday afternoon and we can all go down there and have a good night out on the Sat night...spend some of these dodgy euros we printed off ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Unlaoised

Quote from: illdecide on June 08, 2016, 08:53:04 AM
Jasus next Sat is gonna be mad, if we travel down we'll miss the Ireland game and if we leave extra early for it and try and watch game down there we'll still miss the 2nd half. Armagh and the GAA comes first for me but i'd still like to see Ireland play too. Fecking change it to Sunday afternoon and we can all go down there and have a good night out on the Sat night...spend some of these dodgy euros we printed off ;)

Unreal RTE should just pull the plug on covering the game fix it for 7pm on the Saturday evening...

Let Armagh travel in numbers for the weekend eveyone can watch the matches they want then...

O'Moore Park is a 10 minute walk at least from the nearest pub so if you wanted to get up in comfort to see the warm up national anthem you'll miss the whole second half of the Ireland match....

3.30 on a Saturday is a terrible time for a game regardless of it clashing with other sports as most people work on a Saturday as well...

SHAME ON RTE

LAOIS ABÚ

armaghniac

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 08, 2016, 02:46:26 PM

Unreal RTE should just pull the plug on covering the game fix it for 7pm on the Saturday evening...

Let Armagh travel in numbers for the weekend eveyone can watch the matches they want then...

O'Moore Park is a 10 minute walk at least from the nearest pub so if you wanted to get up in comfort to see the warm up national anthem you'll miss the whole second half of the Ireland match....

3.30 on a Saturday is a terrible time for a game regardless of it clashing with other sports as most people work on a Saturday as well...

SHAME ON RTE

SHAME ON THE GAA, who move their fixtures to facilitate this kind of thing. They've promised Sky not to give RTÉ games at the same time, so it isn't really RTÉ's fault. This issue was obvious from some time back and could have been averted.

yellowcard

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 08, 2016, 02:46:26 PM

SHAME ON RTE

I agree, it would make far more sense to schedule it for early Saturday evening. Can't see too many Armagh fans travelling in the middle of the day on a Saturday when its already being televised and also the fact that it clashes with the soccer match.   

RTE are hell bent on keeping the Brolly v McGeeney debate going and I'd say thats why they have chosen this match. McGeeney has still to reply to Brolly's comments and that will be the main reason they are sending the tv cameras.

armaghniac

Quote from: yellowcard on June 08, 2016, 03:04:45 PM
RTE are hell bent on keeping the Brolly v McGeeney debate going and I'd say thats why they have chosen this match. McGeeney has still to reply to Brolly's comments and that will be the main reason they are sending the tv cameras.

In fairness, this is a match between two teams around the same standard where people know something about them. There is at least some prospect of a close game of moderate standard. Carlow v Wicklow or Leitrim v Waterford does not meet the need to have two teams with any prospects, even their team mightn't go, although Derry v Louth/Meath might.

naka

Nice day in front of the tv
As I said am ambivalent now as to whether Armagh win or not
We are years away from the top table
Just let's concentrate on getting the structures right

The Boy Wonder

If supporters (both Armagh and Laois) were considered for a minute there is no way this match would be fixed for the Sat afternoon.

macdanger2

Would a Friday evening match have been a runner?

armaghniac

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 08, 2016, 11:23:23 PM
Would a Friday evening match have been a runner?

No. Such a thing is OK for neighbouring counties, but the drive time to too long here, I think.

T Fearon

had this been an Armagh home fixture we could have shown the Ireland game simultaneously on the big screen at the Athletics Ground.Meanwhile there is probably a bigger chance of Shay Given being in goals for Armagh than for Ireland

south Laois

As someone who goes to a lot of games as a neutral eg. All Ireland semis and finals, I think it's time that all supporters from the smaller counties stop going to such games. Maybe then they would be a bit more fair on us.

illdecide

Quote from: orangeman on June 10, 2016, 12:22:48 AM
No Gary Walsh for the next day.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0609/794471-gary-walsh-slams-laois/

That's unreal, majority of people are angry they have been taken off and most people let a few F**k's out of them. I've seen water bottles kicked, dugouts punched etc but people are frustrated and its just a spare of the moment thing...Scapegoat springs to mind. Thats def a bad decision with the Management.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch