Tír Eoghain vs An Cabhán Ulster Semi Replay 4pm 03/07/2016 @Clones

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 29, 2016, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Tyrone were complacent today. Won't happen the next day.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Jinxy on June 19, 2016, 03:54:29 PM
Very hard to judge Tyrone until they come up against a division 1 team.
They had a significant conditioning advantage over every other team in Division 2.
What happens when they can't run the legs of the opposition?
Cavan were knackered towards the end alright but that won't happen with Donegal or Monaghan.

Cavan are a division 1 team. Reason why Cavan on their feet was manager left it too late to make subs.

Wildweasel74

The Golden Years

CC1

Quote from: cadhlancian on June 19, 2016, 04:01:08 PM
Of course you did. 🙄🙄
The one that he moved in for "back chat" certainly wasn't a free. Clarke got the ball and the Tyrone player threw himself to the ground.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

skeog

only one result the next day cavan dont do replays

Westside

The lads showed great effort and bravery. Can't help but feeling that today was our best chance!! But we were very lucky to draw in the end. It's slightly worrying that two years in a row, our tactic against top opposition in Ulster has been rain it in on a big full forward, there needs to be more to it.
I felt management should have made changes quicker, players also made some very bad individual decisions and shooting was atrocious. Hard to see us winning the replay but seriously proud of every single player out there today. 

CC1

Quote from: gallsman on June 19, 2016, 03:47:50 PM
Tyrone should have won that by a mile. Two square ball goals against them and they still had three chances to win it. Poor enough stuff from them, even if the match was all the better for it.
Only one of them was questionable, Givneys second goal. That is probably evened up by the get out of jail card handed to the Tyrone keeper in the first half for bringing the ball across his own line.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Duckquay

Definitely a missed opportunity from a cavan perspective. I can't understand the criticism mc rory is getting. He completely nullified mckiernan and held him scoreless. He's not the best ball player but he excelled in his role today

cavanmaniac

You have to be proud of Cavan's gumption but Tyrone were 5 points the better side there today.

For a team knocking around together under the same manager for so long,  it's incredible that Cavan make so many nervy,  unforced errors and ill-advisedly run the ball into cul de sacs. Couple that with the ill discipline and poor execution (Killian Clarke shooting,  Moynagh poor clearance)  when four up in the first half - affording Tyrone a very soft route back into the game at a time they were floundering - and you can see why Cavan aren't making any breakthrough at this level. Tyrone didn't really make anything like the same number of errors or grant those gifts,  in fact they scarcely gave away a scoreable free all day. You have to be almost flawless to win big games at this level and cavan are a long way off.

Cavan got as much luck as they'll ever get in a game of this magnitude and I think Tyrone will win the replay handily. Cavan have too many chinks in the armour and an attacking unit that's only semi functional and are a long way behind in the cuteness /game managing stakes too. 

Anyway I still say fair play on a great battling performance but cavan's chance is gone now IMO.

Westside

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 19, 2016, 04:28:57 PM
You have to be proud of Cavan's gumption but Tyrone were 5 points the better side there today.

For a team knocking around together under the same manager for so long,  it's incredible that Cavan make so many nervy,  unforced errors and ill-advisedly run the ball into cul de sacs. Couple that with the ill discipline and poor execution (Killian Clarke shooting,  Moynagh poor clearance)  when four up in the first half - affording Tyrone a very soft route back into the game at a time they were floundering - and you can see why Cavan aren't making any breakthrough at this level. Tyrone didn't really make anything like the same number of errors or grant those gifts,  in fact they scarcely gave away a scoreable free all day. You have to be almost flawless to win big games at this level and cavan are a long way off.

Cavan got as much luck as they'll ever get in a game of this magnitude and I think Tyrone will win the replay handily. Cavan have too many chinks in the armour and an attacking unit that's only semi functional and are a long way behind in the cuteness /game managing stakes too. 

Anyway I still say fair play on a great battling performance but cavan's chance is gone now IMO.

To be fair, when you're playing against Tyrone, you're going to run into cul de sacs. They're so impressive with their discipline in defence. I thought we could have had a few more frees but in general they were excellent.

Johnston shouldn't start the next day, let Keating in from early on. He can shoot from distance at least. I'd also like to see Gerry Smith involved earlier.

Itchy

Johnston is a league footballer. Did nothing. However I don't buy this Tyrone will def win replay. They got some ridiculously bad points from unforced errors in 1st half and Cavan missed some awful easy chances. Cavan should have been 4 up at half time. All still to play for

yellowcard

Cavan seriously got out of jail today but I feel that their only chance to get through was to get a late winner. It reminded me of a game Down played against Tyrone about 10 years ago and they kept getting goals against the run of play to keep them in it. The game showed up Tyrones weaknesses in their full back line and against better opposition they were well beaten today. Is Niall Morgan injured or dropped, the Tyrone keeper made an error for the last goal. Cavan either don't have much on the bench or their management were too slow making changes. However Johnston should have been hooked far sooner, didn't want to know today.

I think Tyrone will win the replay comfortably.