Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Lazer on June 23, 2016, 03:39:32 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 23, 2016, 03:29:14 PM
Later,  no wonder you are supporting Brexit!

What does me supporting both Irish teams have to do with me supporting a Brexit?

You like partition.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

GSTQ is not appropriate when half the people owe zero loyalty to Liz.
Unionism has this artificial essence that means its symbols become existential.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Lazer

Quote from: armaghniac on June 23, 2016, 04:06:26 PM
Quote from: Lazer on June 23, 2016, 03:39:32 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 23, 2016, 03:29:14 PM
Later,  no wonder you are supporting Brexit!

What does me supporting both Irish teams have to do with me supporting a Brexit?

You like partition.

No actually I don't recognise the legitimacy of partition, Ireland is an Island, and is one country, which is why I support both Irish teams, they are both from Ireland.

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

passedit

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 10:26:41 AM
Quote from: passedit on June 23, 2016, 08:09:07 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 07:50:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2016, 04:29:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 22, 2016, 08:35:16 PM
On 4 October 1968, a day before NICRA's Derry march, the IRA admitted that it was infiltrating the civil rights movement as well as trade unions.

The Northern Ireland government accused NICRA of being a front for republican and communist ideologies. Unionists suspected that NICRA was a front for the IRA. The involvement of republicans such as IRA chief of staff Cathal Goulding, the Irish National Foresters, the Gaelic Athletic Association, and the Wolfe Tone Societies, would only confirm their suspicions.

Once internment was introduced the civil rights group lost its way, they wanted to reform the state, not bring it down... So what ended up was republicans trying to bring the state to its knees through the bombings and shootings.... What we have in the end is a republican and loyalist partnership in Stormont ... Makes you wonder about the families that lost love ones and years lost easting away in jails...

Would we have got were we are today (wherever that is) without the deaths??
What the war did was destroy the NI economy. Marching up and down the shop floor is great craic as long as you have customers. Unionism retreated into law and order and the world moved on.

I think it is very hard to give up a caste system peacefully. Ô Neill was right but the people went with Paisley . He fucked everything up.

So the deaths were part of that?? Must have been nice for you in Galway while the shit went down here

So, still waiting for the Sinn Fein references.

Or by SF did you mean SF/IRA / them feenyuns.

Is there a difference?  I can take SF out and change it republican if that keeps you happy, because Martin, Gerry and the rest of our politicians were not members of the IRA....

Given that you have managed to traduce both the Civil Rights Movement and the GAA in the same thread, I'd say it would be most appropriate for you to use them feenyuns.
Don't Panic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: passedit on June 23, 2016, 05:07:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 10:26:41 AM
Quote from: passedit on June 23, 2016, 08:09:07 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 07:50:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2016, 04:29:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 22, 2016, 08:35:16 PM
On 4 October 1968, a day before NICRA's Derry march, the IRA admitted that it was infiltrating the civil rights movement as well as trade unions.

The Northern Ireland government accused NICRA of being a front for republican and communist ideologies. Unionists suspected that NICRA was a front for the IRA. The involvement of republicans such as IRA chief of staff Cathal Goulding, the Irish National Foresters, the Gaelic Athletic Association, and the Wolfe Tone Societies, would only confirm their suspicions.

Once internment was introduced the civil rights group lost its way, they wanted to reform the state, not bring it down... So what ended up was republicans trying to bring the state to its knees through the bombings and shootings.... What we have in the end is a republican and loyalist partnership in Stormont ... Makes you wonder about the families that lost love ones and years lost easting away in jails...

Would we have got were we are today (wherever that is) without the deaths??
What the war did was destroy the NI economy. Marching up and down the shop floor is great craic as long as you have customers. Unionism retreated into law and order and the world moved on.

I think it is very hard to give up a caste system peacefully. Ô Neill was right but the people went with Paisley . He fucked everything up.

So the deaths were part of that?? Must have been nice for you in Galway while the shit went down here

So, still waiting for the Sinn Fein references.

Or by SF did you mean SF/IRA / them feenyuns.

Is there a difference?  I can take SF out and change it republican if that keeps you happy, because Martin, Gerry and the rest of our politicians were not members of the IRA....

Given that you have managed to traduce both the Civil Rights Movement and the GAA in the same thread, I'd say it would be most appropriate for you to use them feenyuns.

So I've done my working out and now I'm a liar? Gaa? did I make those quotes up? Take the silly romantic tainted glasses off and have a look around you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Guys, to support or otherwise the NI team is a personal choice. Some catholics/nationalists can look past partition, GSTQ, the party songs and the loyalist rag, I just can't probably because of my age. I choose to support the Irish team as it reflects my background and identity.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Applesisapples on June 24, 2016, 09:21:20 AM
Guys, to support or otherwise the NI team is a personal choice. Some catholics/nationalists can look past partition, GSTQ, the party songs and the loyalist rag, I just can't probably because of my age. I choose to support the Irish team as it reflects my background and identity.
+1
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Nigel White

Have to hand it to Kyle Lafferty. That lad is thinking positively. Undeterred by NI's fair from perfect - Played 3 Won 1 Lost 2 GD 0 - record, he's predicting that they fear no one and can go all the way

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Nigel White on June 25, 2016, 01:09:16 PM
Have to hand it to Kyle Lafferty. That lad is thinking positively. Undeterred by NI's fair from perfect - Played 3 Won 1 Lost 2 GD 0 - record, he's predicting that they fear no one and can go all the way

Would rather have positive response that the sure we're only here for the craic!! The guy can be a p***k at times but that's a positive statement....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nigel White

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2016, 01:57:32 PM
Quote from: Nigel White on June 25, 2016, 01:09:16 PM

Would rather have positive response that the sure we're only here for the craic!! The guy can be a p***k at times but that's a positive statement....
Its a bullshit statement from a lad who's a p***k all of the time

BennyCake

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Had luck norn irn. Fans very well regarded in France.
Good luck with Brexit. I can't imagine sharing a political unit with DUP voters.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

longballin