Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: seafoid on June 16, 2016, 09:53:06 PM
Draw between Germany and Poland not ideal for the #GAWA

Unfortunately it still allows them some hope.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

BennyCake

Just seen half of Belfast celebrating Niall McGinn's goal on the news. Has there ever been any other act by a catholic that has brought so much joy to the Protestant community?

T Fearon

Tonto

Quote from: BennyCake on June 16, 2016, 10:53:44 PM
Just seen half of Belfast celebrating Niall McGinn's goal on the news. Has there ever been any other act by a catholic that has brought so much joy to the Protestant community?
Supporting NI is not, nor has it ever been for the Protestant community.

But if you're asking has any Catholic ever done anything bringing so much joy to Northern Ireland supporters, I would say that probably NIs most celebrated goal, Gerry Armstrong vs Spain, was scored by a Catholic from the Falls Rd.

If you ever get a chance to go to Windsor Pk pleas go, you might be surprised :-)

BennyCake

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Michael Collins signing the Treaty maybe

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Tonto on June 16, 2016, 11:13:34 PM
Supporting NI is not, nor has it ever been for the Protestant community.

But if you're asking has any Catholic ever done anything bringing so much joy to Northern Ireland supporters, I would say that probably NIs most celebrated goal, Gerry Armstrong vs Spain, was scored by a Catholic from the Falls Rd.

If you ever get a chance to go to Windsor Pk pleas go, you might be surprised :-)
That may be the case but there certainly hasn't been anything about it to attract Catholics to support them. GSTQ, Billy Boys, loyalist fanbase, Union flegs (and worse back in the day), location of the ground has put off generations of Catholic support. With the PR around the current success and tarting up of Windsor I have no doubt they'll capture younger generations but I would be surprised at any Catholic over the age of 30 actively supporting them.

seafoid

Quote from: AQMP on June 17, 2016, 08:59:58 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 17, 2016, 08:40:39 AM
Michael Collins signing the Treaty maybe

Got there just before me seafoid!  I only saw the first 15 mins live and I watched a recording last night.  NI were easily the better team and 2-0 was a fair result.  Great management by O'Neill, he will probably admit he got the tactics wrong against Poland, took a bit of a gamble but it paid off.  Have to say Ukraine were shocking, looked like they'd gone to France for the cheap wine!
Poland are a very good team. 4 points is very impressive.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2016, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 16, 2016, 05:44:57 PM
@DUP leader

Just to be clear the DUP website nowhere refers to the north of Ireland #nosuchplace #proudodNI #Nolan

what does proudodNI mean?

Why are you following their twitter or website??

The thing about unionism is that it is an artificial construct.
You'd never see a Taoiseach tweeting something like that.
Many older people call NI the North of  Ireland.

T Fearon

Good cartoon doing the rounds with David and Goliath cranes at Belfast shipyard! "Ukraine 0 Two Cranes 2!" Quite funny!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: T Fearon on June 17, 2016, 12:00:27 PM
Good cartoon doing the rounds with David and Goliath cranes at Belfast shipyard! "Ukraine 0 Two Cranes 2!" Quite funny!
Samson

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 17, 2016, 10:08:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2016, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 16, 2016, 05:44:57 PM
@DUP leader

Just to be clear the DUP website nowhere refers to the north of Ireland #nosuchplace #proudodNI #Nolan

what does proudodNI mean?

Why are you following their twitter or website??

The thing about unionism is that it is an artificial construct.
You'd never see a Taoiseach tweeting something like that.
Many older people call NI the North of  Ireland.

You going to answer it or just post crap??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Out of interest except Tonto, does anyone else support the NI Soccer team on a regular basis, not the jump on the bandwagon type, have you went to any games etc?