Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on June 09, 2016, 10:00:46 AM
The team is called N Ireland a part of the UK,whose constitutional status was endorsed in referendum as exhorted by SF and SDLP in the North,and by o ver 90% of those who voted in the South.In otherwords nationalists North and South agree NI should exist and be governed by the Uk

I'm not posting about the government, I'm posting about a sporting organisation. This does not have to be organised the way it is any more than rugby, cricket, hockey etc. are.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LeoMc

Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2016, 09:42:22 AM
Quote from: dec on June 09, 2016, 01:57:43 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2016, 12:33:39 AM
The IFA is almost unique among sporting organisations in using sectarianism as the basis for its organisation.

How does it use sectarianism as the basis for its organisation?

It promotes Northern Ireland, a sectarian entity, in sport. Most other sporting bodies do not do this, they keep politics out of it.
Did the FAI not split away from the IFA who were representing all Ireland and who only stopped stopped selecting southern players after the FAI complained to FIFA?

LeoMc

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on June 09, 2016, 08:28:40 AM
The IFA had a habit of lets say being a little biased when it came to its organisation. The FAI was set up as a direct response to this bias be it picking players for the national team to selecting where replays should be played. Some say these decisions were a a secuirty measure others say it was open sectarianism - take your pick. A stronger fairer IFA may have seen the likes of Derry City and Belfast Celtic still playing today in the Irish league.
You mean they made Shelbourne replay against Glentoran in Belfast because of the ongoing war of Independence happening in and around Dublin?

Orior

Politics aside, in Belfast there are now NI soccer flags flying proudly beside union jacks, uvf and uda flags. That is one of the main reasons why there is not a snowball's chance in hell that I would even cross the street to watch the six counties play.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

Like it or not Irish Nationalists voted en masse for the GFA.That confirmed that N Ireland exists just like Scotland and England.Did people not understand what they were voting for? This means the Union Jack etc is the flag of NI and  nationalists endorsed this at the ballot box and were encourahed to do so by SF SDLP and the Dublin govt.

general_lee

There are fellas from 5/10/15/20 miles down the road from me playing in the euros. Some will represent NI, others ROI.

It's kinda petty not to support some of them because of your political beliefs. At the end of the day it's only a football team. It's like not supporting McIlroy because he wrapped the NI flag round him. Big deal. Supporting the team doesn't mean you support partition. Not in my eyes anyway.

T Fearon

Do we pay paye?Rates? Go to the Doctor? If so we are contributing to the British Exchequer and availing of British funded public services.

snoopdog

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2016/watch-northern-ireland-fans-hiss-at-supporter-wearing-irish-jersey-in-dublin-airport-34787894.html
Best of luck to Poland Germany and the Ukraine.  I hope the vile sectarian scum get hammered.  All inclusive my hole. How anyone from a nationalist background can manage play or support these scum is beyond me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snoopdog on June 10, 2016, 11:07:11 AM
http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/euro-2016/watch-northern-ireland-fans-hiss-at-supporter-wearing-irish-jersey-in-dublin-airport-34787894.html
Best of luck to Poland Germany and the Ukraine.  I hope the vile sectarian scum get hammered.  All inclusive my hole. How anyone from a nationalist background can manage play or support these scum is beyond me.

Did you watch it?? Christ the night some people are very sensitive.... Banter and they clapped when given back to them...
unreal the lengths people will go to , to get offended
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

That is pathetic. If it wasn't Northern Ireland it would just be slagging. It's not like they were going through chanting the Billy Boys. The independent is some shit rag.

I see the English lads were a bit lively last night in Marseille.

snoopdog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2016, 11:14:39 AM

Did you watch it?? Christ the night some people are very sensitive.... Banter and they clapped when given back to them...
I'm not offended.  I just hate them

Milltown Row2

Quote from: snoopdog on June 10, 2016, 11:20:57 AM

I'm not offended.  I just hate them

Get a life lad... if you hate them grand, but don't put up a video of banter at the airport and say they are being vile scum... it actually makes you look silly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 10, 2016, 11:16:10 AM
That is pathetic. If it wasn't Northern Ireland it would just be slagging. It's not like they were going through chanting the Billy Boys. The independent is some shit rag.

I see the English lads were a bit lively last night in Marseille.

Friend of mine is there with his wife (bit of a busman's holiday I think) he's a photographer and has taken some great shots of the hooligans, now they are fans that let themselves down no matter where they go....

they were probably hissing at the French and calling them garlic lovers ffs!!

JPGJOHNNYG

Nice pictures in the telegraph of the lads using baguettes as flutes lol. Unfortunately for the Norn Iron fans the England fans wrecking Marselle had flegs with the red hand and crown on it DOH!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1258254/england-fans-get-the-euro-2016-party-started-early-as-the-booze-flows-in-marseille/

armaghniac

The people in this video did not go to any lengths to be offended, they were simply walking through the airport when they encountered a loyalist mob.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B