Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 02, 2016, 11:01:56 PM
What have all northerners in common?
Whinging? Chips on shoulders? Literal minds?

Only joking folks :D :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

OgraAnDun

T Fearon

seafoid

I have seen a few interviews with players in magazines and they often say "it''s great to unite the country", "it's great to play for the country". Do unionists think of NI as a country ?

T Fearon

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 03, 2016, 03:09:46 AM
I have seen a few interviews with players in magazines and they often say "it''s great to unite the country", "it's great to play for the country". Do unionists think of NI as a country ?

Again this is just you being a dick..... Its n.i. A country/state or part of the UK do Scottish people think Scotland is a country? Or the Welsh think Wales is a country??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

MoChara

I very much get the feeling that the fawning by some people over a National Identity like Northern Irish (the team is part of this) is people desperate to say that the past is all over and settled and we're grand now its all sorted and we're pretty much all one, I think it's an at times exasperated attempt at meeting in the middle. Our Society doesn't and has never worked like that nothing ever stays static, however the effectiveness of this will of course influence where the next shift is to.

Not to mention its obviously a step in the implementation of Normalisation.

I don't feel Northern Irish and have never identitifed as such and can't see myself ever doing so either.

No wides

Most unionists / loyalists don't think they just blindly follow the bigotry that their politicians direct.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 03, 2016, 07:53:17 AM

Again this is just you being a dick..... Its n.i. A country/state or part of the UK do Scottish people think Scotland is a country? Or the Welsh think Wales is a country??
Scotland is a country
So is Wales
Separate history, distinctive culture, continuity

NI is not . It's a bit of a province.

Hardy

Quote from: No wides on June 03, 2016, 10:17:00 AM

Most unionists / loyalists don't think they just blindly follow the bigotry that their politicians direct.

Excellent! A self-referential statement on bigotry. I'm reminded of the Mayo fella in London who's going to vote for Brexit because there are too many immigrants in London.